• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017

yAkiR2s.jpg

Super Robot Wars T is the latest in a long line of turn-based grid-based Strategy RPGs featuring various giant robot anime in a massive crossover. This game's cast list includes:

EjjtbUY.png

Out of this list, the debut entries are:

Mazinger Z Infinity
Arcadia of My Youth: Endless Orbit SSX (the original Captain GARlock)
Cowboy Bebop (yes, you read that right. It's in a video game featuring giant robots)
Expelled From Paradise (watch it on Netflix, it's pretty good)
Magic Knight Rayearth (CLAMP has been wanting this for years)

At the beginning of the game, you will choose between 2 protagonists both of whom are designed by NishiEda:

Saizou Tokito (VA: Kusao Takeshi, most well known as Trunks in DBZ)
whMkflh.png

Sagiri Sakurai (VA: Umeka Shouji)
srwt2.png

First print/early buyers are eligible for 3 in-game bonuses. On the PS4, they will be DLC. On the Switch, they will be released as an update. This is due to the fact that the Southeast Asia region does not have it's own eshop.

March 20 simultaneous release all throughout east Asia on PS4 and Switch in Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, and English. For those that are interested, the Japanese version has 2 editions to choose from. The regular edition and an anime soundtrack version which adds the actual songs from the animes themselves as usable BGMs.

Jubern wrote a chart that lists out the differences between each version:

Last edited:

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Been tearing this game up! not quite sure what to boost just yet so I've been playing it by ear and letting my funds and exp acumulate

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Do these games play like Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier?

I enjoyed that game but know nothing of the series outside of that.

OP
OP
squall23

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Do these games play like Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier?

I enjoyed that game but know nothing of the series outside of that.
They do not. Endless Frontier is actually the sidestory of the Original Generation (OG) universe. If you're interested, Super Robot Wars OG Moon Dwellers is in English and it has Haken and Aschen transported into the proper OG universe.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Checked the grocery store & the electronics store (both of which sell Switch games) near my apartment in Taichung to see if they had the game but no luck. Going to try a dedicated video game store this afternoon and see if I can find it. I could just give up and download the game on the PS4, but I'd really prefer to have it portable.

IceBear

Nov 20, 2017
still waiting for my copy of the game, I hope it has a better expert mode than SRWX.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
For anybody curious I played the first hour on PS4 in English and gave it a pretty straightforward look. My main takeaway is that the intro feels a lot snappier and easier to get into than X and the music if incredible.

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing SRW for some time now but this is the first time I went for the English version. Only watched the title screen demos this morning before going to work and wow... Seeing all this in English feels surreal for me.

After the confusion in the last thread I made a small spreadsheet, feel free to correct me if there's anything wrong.
314268360e9667cedfebed0e0b0d4cea.png

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn

Am I gonna have to pick FeMC first for the second time in a row? It's easy to imagine her giving Spike shit for being a broke boy on a dusty ship full of oddballs, and that's really hard to pass up.
--
Been playing SRW for some time now but this is the first time I went for the English version. Only watched the title screen demos this morning before going to work and wow... Seeing all this in English feels surreal for me.

As a Yakuza and SRW fan, I feel like I'm living in some sort of bizarre reality where my niche interests suddenly get love in the West. I had to live vicariously through SRW MADs on NicoNico for years, but now I can actually play the games for the story. It's definitely an amazing feeling.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I walked to 4 different stores but I finally managed to get a copy of the Switch version! Woo! Local grocery store and electronics store only had the big Nintendo titles, the dedicated game store had a bunch of interesting titles, but only had the PS4 version, but as a last ditch effort, I checked the media floor at the Mitsukoshi mall and they had it in their tiny Switch nook.

Haven't tried the game yet, but I can confirm that the Chinese Switch version in Taiwan lists English as a text option.

OP
OP
squall23

squall23

Oct 25, 2017

After the confusion in the last thread I made a small spreadsheet, feel free to correct me if there's anything wrong.
Switch version actually doesn't have custom BGM because the Switch isn't a media player. If you could edit that part, I would like to add it to the OP or threadmark it.

Also, V and X's English versions were actually pretty good.

Griffin

Oct 27, 2017
Osaka
I got my copy of the Japanese Switch version okay, ridiculous cartridge and all. When I booted it up I was surprised that there were a bunch of terms and conditions I had to agree to, which were in all the languages used in the Asian version. But alas, the rest of the game is only in Japanese.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Should have my copy tomorrow. Amazon.co.jp ships so fast.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Came here to ask which countries eShop had the English version but it seems to be just for the physical copy.

Bummer...😪

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Didn't play V or X? You're really missing out if not.

Any (good) sites to grab the SEA version?
I got mine from Playasia. They're really fast with the expedited shipping.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Got my shipping confirmation this morning and it'll be here on Friday if all goes to plan! I should probably try and finish X soon too........

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Played through 4 stages so far. Haven't played a SRW game in over a decade so this is mostly new (but I remember some of the basics). Love all the over-the-top animations but it's also great that you can hold A to fast-forward them or press B to skip out entirely. Music is great. FeMC is great. Localization seems solid. I'm unfamiliar with most of the series in here, but of the 4 series I know, I've already run into 2.
Cowboy Bebop & Nadesico

Picked Hard mode and that seems like the right choice since it hasn't been very hard so far.

enishi

Oct 27, 2017
Hong Kong
Copied from other thread since I did not notice OT one before post...
---

Digital Chinese/English version for Switch is available through Nintendo "Hong Kong eshop". You need a Nintendo account in Hong Kong region to redeem the code from this "eshop".

It is in bracket since the service is currently held by third-party online mall right now... Nintendo HK announced official eshop will be out soon but don't know when (some rumor suggested 1st April)
https://www.whatsmall.com/cart/shopping?actionType=get&id=3613

As reminded that DLC is not available until 1st April, and Chinese/English version is not compatible with Japan eshop DLC

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
---

Digital Chinese/English version for Switch is available through Nintendo "Hong Kong eshop". You need a Nintendo account in Hong Kong region to redeem the code from this "eshop".

It is in bracket since the service is currently held by third-party online mall right now... Nintendo HK announced official eshop will be out soon but don't know when (some rumor suggested 1st April)

As reminded that DLC is not available until 1st April, and Chinese/English version is not compatible with Japan eshop DLC

Holy crud I may get this if it's legit. Tried it yourself?

enishi

Oct 27, 2017
Hong Kong

ChairMan

Oct 25, 2017
Mine got shipped today, hopefully it can arrive by the weekend. Can't wait to start playing.

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
---

My copy should be shipping today, but saving on shipping would be nice too. Glad to hear everyone is liking it so far. Loved finally getting to play one of these in a English with V, but decided to hold off on X.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
It is legit since official Nintendo HK website also links to this site.
https://www.nintendo.com.hk/index.html
(sorry, no English website available, but you can find the link at the bottom of page)

Since I always buy digital copies from Japan/US eshop, I have not tried it myself... Even I do not create an account in HK region...

Hrm. Every time I try to check out, or even go to the main page, it claims to be busy. Yet specific sub-pages show up fine, after a bit of loading

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
I want to get it eventually, but I don't want to have to be reminded of how god awful Prince of Darkness was.

Also didn't FMP just have an anime last year? Odd that it got skipped for this rotation. Although including arm slaves as "Super Robot" is odd, still if ya got stuff like the Swordfish then I think the "Super Robot" moniker is just traditional now.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I want to get it eventually, but I don't want to have to be reminded of how god awful Prince of Darkness was.

Also didn't FMP just have an anime last year? Odd that it got skipped for this rotation. Although including arm slaves as "Super Robot" is odd, still if ya got stuff like the Swordfish then I think the "Super Robot" moniker is just traditional now.

81M-meQAi0L._AC_SX430_.jpg

FMP just had it's own standalone strategy game on the PS4 last year, might be why it was left out of X and T after being in V previously.

Last edited:

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am finishing my second run of V and I want to get to X before I get to T but hopefully soon.

Oct 25, 2017
Waiting is going to be tough. And I keep getting torn between looking to see who is in the game and trying to avoid potential disappointment at finding out certain characters didn't make the cut when I won't even be getting my game probably for a couple of weeks.

It usually takes a few years before new shows get added, so I wouldn't expect to see FMP IV's anime adapated into an SRW until 2021 or so, but you never know. Mazinger Z Infinity did have a fast turnaround.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I see this game also got English subtitles. Was it any good?

It's ok. It plays like SRW/SD Gundam but instead of a grid system you have a spherical range of motion. Battles allow you to damage individual parts of units with the ultimate goal of destroying the body. It follows the IV storyline with a little 4 mission prologue that covers the original series.

Acevil

Oct 30, 2017
My copy is on its way, most likely will be here in two/three weeks. If you want me to give an impression I can.

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Is it worth it if I only know about Votoms & Cowboy Bebop on this list
If you're into SRPGs and mecha, then I definitely think so. The SRW series usually does a pretty good job of making each series shine.

For example, I was indifferent about Gunbuster for the longest time, but the SRW games turned me into a fan. Who knows what may pique your interest?