• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
I would say that if you care about any of the series featured in the game, you'll have a good time. There is a lot of world-building and all of the series are blended together flawlessly. Hell, there is a huge compendium in the game that you can reference in case you get confused story wise. Plus the attack animations are really well done this time round, I have yet to find one that I've been disappointed with so far.

If you want a challenge, go to hard mode immediately. I've been playing on hard and have felt fairly challenged, otherwise the game is kinda easy.

Those are my incomplete thoughts on the game at the moment.

How long is a typical battle? I love challenges in fighting games, but in tactical / strategy RPGs I'm a little hesitant to go to hard mode because if I sit and plot and plan and struggle through a long battle, lose, and have to start over, that's a huge buzz kill. I remember losing some skirmishes in Mario + Rabbids at the very end and, since they were longer fights, I almost dropped the game despite loving it.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
How long is a typical battle? I love challenges in fighting games, but in tactical / strategy RPGs I'm a little hesitant to go to hard mode because if I sit and plot and plan and struggle through a long battle, lose, and have to start over, that's a huge buzz kill. I remember losing some skirmishes in Mario + Rabbids at the very end and, since they were longer fights, I almost dropped the game despite loving it.

Early on missions are pretty short (20 minutes), but once you get later on some are definitely close to an hour (maybe longer? I forget how long the late missions in SRW V were).

Note: You can save mid-battle so if you're worried about screwing up you can try again, or if you just want to take a break.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

If you have the animations on, battles can be rather long.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
The battles do tend to run long, especially if you watch all the animations and take your time reading the text. And I have had a few moments where I lost to the last guy and had to start over. In hard mode you cant have any of your units be destroyed or else you immediately fail the mission.

YMMV, but early on I would say its about 20-30 min and later on its probably close to an hour. If you don't typically like starting over on these types of games and just want a good time, I would probably recommend standard instead. Especially if your not used to the systems used in SRW.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Early on missions are pretty short (20 minutes), but once you get later on some are definitely close to an hour (maybe longer? I forget how long the late missions in SRW V were).

Note: You can save mid-battle so if you're worried about screwing up you can try again, or if you just want to take a break.
If you have the animations on, battles can be rather long.
Normal mode it is, then! XD

The battles do tend to run long, especially if you watch all the animations and take your time reading the text. And I have had a few moments where I lost to the last guy and had to start over. In hard mode you cant have any of your units be destroyed or else you immediately fail the mission.

YMMV, but early on I would say its about 20-30 min and later on its probably close to an hour. If you don't typically like starting over on these types of games and just want a good time, I would probably recommend standard instead. Especially if your not used to the systems used in SRW.
Thank you, that's what I'll do.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
I hope yes asia gets more copies in stock soon so they can ship my order out. It's getting harder and harder to not get spoiled on this game.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So this is going to be the first game I ever import late next month. I never bought from PlayAsia before.

I remember a Super Robot Wars makes game for the DS and it was a RPG. I don't remember too much about it other then I loved it while I was playing it.

I'll read through the thread later for better info on this game.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
So this is going to be the first game I ever import late next month. I never bought from PlayAsia before.

I remember a Super Robot Wars makes game for the DS and it was a RPG. I don't remember too much about it other then I loved it while I was playing it.

That would be Endless Frontier. It's a 'Super Robot Wars' due to wider lore and continuity (which the cast won't become properly aware of the implications of until later titles, like The Moon Dwellers) as opposed to the gameplay.

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
About 10 missions in and the story is not really clicking with me like with the last two games tbh. The missions are feeling very short and easy so far too.

I will say that I've been having fun dicking around with custom soundtracks at least. Set 'The Touch' as the theme for Burning/Noble Gundams' burning finger attacks and it lines up with the animation pretty good :)
Same place I'm at. This seems even easier than X and V so far, what story? Hopefully this gets better soon

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure what to think about the Magic Knight Rayearth units yet.

I'm mostly going for supers this game, God Gundam, Gaogaigar, Gunbuster and Shin Getter are doing so much work. Especially Shin Getter.

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure what to think about the Magic Knight Rayearth units yet.

I'm mostly going for supers this game, God Gundam, Gaogaigar, Gunbuster and Shin Getter are doing so much work. Especially Shin Getter.

I only really used Hikaru's unit and it started off rather unimpressive.
But by mid-late to end game it started taking hits and dishing them out like a Super which I think was because of the Magic Knight skill.

Getter and Gunbuster seem to be easy picks for the most busted units.

Last edited:

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
But by mid-late to end game it started taking hits and dishing them out like a Super which I think was because of the Magic Knight skill.

Hikaru becomes downright unkilleable later on. Enemies target her all the time too, but she just doesn't die. Must be that skill you spoke of. Only problem with Rayearth, is thay it doesnt have stupid high damage output like many of its fellows(Mazinbros, G Gundam, Getter, Gunbuster, GGG)
Most busted unit is by far Gunbuster with a Hyper Generator on it. When you get Kazumi on it, it's literally the best unit in the game, because now it can get to the action before it's all over

Euler

Oct 27, 2017

Oh, cool. I've been fielding all three of the Rayearth units and I'd think Fuu's unit wouldn't be half-bad with her magic commands, but I guess the game isn't really difficult enough to warrant its use.

Getter is just so strong in every game it appears in, I feel like. I used it to kill everything in V as well.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
Ichigo's Scopedog is as broken as ever. Upgrade Bonus + 2× Sniper kits and dude pretty much 100% CRT everyone on the map.

I stick with my own rule of dumping money on mechs whose pilots have high Potential level. Never disappointed.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Ichigo's Scopedog is as broken as ever. Upgrade Bonus + 2× Sniper kits and dude pretty much 100% CRT everyone on the map.

I stick with my own rule of dumping money on mechs whose pilots have high Potential level. Never disappointed.
I feel like picking the HP regen tac bonus thing kinda screwed me out of using Chirico. It's too hard to keep him below the health threshold when he regens every turn.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
I feel like picking the HP regen tac bonus thing kinda screwed me out of using Chirico. It's too hard to keep him below the health threshold when he regens every turn.
His ace bonus kinda helps. Makes the threshold 30% instead of 10%. I picked the En/Hp regen too but I never even considered it lool.

For me making Chirico broken needed me to up his skill stat by 35 so that second attack kicks, while he critical hits everything for 50%+ dmg. Add a cartridge, B-save and cast focus every turn and he's gold

Oct 26, 2017
Hikaru becomes downright unkilleable later on. Enemies target her all the time too, but she just doesn't die. Must be that skill you spoke of. Only problem with Rayearth, is thay it doesnt have stupid high damage output like many of its fellows(Mazinbros, G Gundam, Getter, Gunbuster, GGG)
Most busted unit is by far Gunbuster with a Hyper Generator on it. When you get Kazumi on it, it's literally the best unit in the game, because now it can get to the action before it's all over

Yeah it's pretty crazy.
Mobs swinging for 10 on her while she was at 70-80% health happened on more than one occasion.

I put the Turbo Overclock on Gunbuster and enjoyed my OP Super robot goodness to the fullest.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
His ace bonus kinda helps. Makes the threshold 30% instead of 10%. I picked the En/Hp regen too but I never even considered it lool.

For me making Chirico broken needed me to up his will stat by 35 so that second attack kicks, while he critical hits everything for 50%+ dmg. Add a cartridge, B-save and cast focus every turn and he's gold
Ah yeah, I see it takes a bit of work but it works. Which config are you using, OG, Bazooka or Light mode?

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Ah yeah, I see it takes a bit of work but it works. Which config are you using, OG, Bazooka or Light mode?
Bazooka mode I think? It's the first different one you get.I used it for most of the game but swapped to the upgraded frame(LRS) when I got it. Honestly, the only real robot better than The Scopedog is Amuro in the v-gundam. Efficiency at it's finest and takes slightly less work to get going.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Bazooka mode I think? It's the first different one you get.I used it for most of the game but swapped to the upgraded frame(LRS) when I got it. Honestly, the only real robot better than The Scopedog is Amuro in the v-gundam. Efficiency at it's finest and takes slightly less work to get going.
The light mode is the first one you get, bazooka is the second one. That might differ depending on what route split you took.

I haven't gotten Amuro yet but I'm definitely using him along with Judau and Kamille. I like my Gundam protagonists. I don't care for Kincade or Tobia though.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm playing Expert Mode no upgrades now and the support units get their time to shine.
Guard Diver, Sizzler Black and Eldora Soul are performing splendidly, with Sizzler Black especially being really good.

Eldora Soul did get some love on my first play through though, it has a surprisingly nice finisher animation wise.

Nov 3, 2017
Oh my god, Black Mightgaine as a weird dork who idolises the Eldora Soul team is fantastic

The writing in this game has been so fucking strong compared to the past couple SRWs

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god, Black Mightgaine as a weird dork who idolises the Eldora Soul team is fantastic

The writing in this game has been so fucking strong compared to the past couple SRWs

Apparently fucking everybody who wants to be taken seriously as a hero has learned from the Eldora team in some fashion. Which admittedly makes me kinda sad they completely gloss over the group's introduction from the anime proper - imagine the townsfolk having to come to terms with the idea that the local drunkards are old friends with Tetsuya Tsurugi, Hero of the Mycenaean War™

Edit: Also, something I've come to realise as of playing the first few Dunbine related missions - we actually have a chronological scale relative to the 'present' to follow. Tokyo Tower is mentioned as having been standing for around 700 years, while
the end of Dunbine itself took place 700 years prior. So this puts the game sometime in the 27th century, while the NUE calendar began sometime in the 2400s.

Last edited:

Danj

Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, UK
Has anywhere got stock of the English language Switch version? I forgot to preorder it and now Play-Asia says they won't have any for like 4 weeks :(
I'm in the UK so I would need somewhere that ships to there.

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
I've been thinking about jumping in, I bought v and t and about to start playing v. But got a couple questions first. How much does the story work? Is it like final fantasy where if it's not stated it's its own thing or do the stories reference past events? Do multiple games retell the same anime stories or once they do the anime story they don't do it again but still have the characters around? Also the og games do they effect anything? I saw a review of moon dwellers and they mention a main character from j which as far as I know is not an og game.

Also Is there a good write up or video retrospective that goes indepth on the mechanics and story of the older non translated games?

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris

As another poster said don't go into T expecting the same thing as Endless Frontier on DS, this one was a SRT spin-off with an original story using some cameo from the SRT Original Generation games (a subseries which is made of its own original story/mechs/everything). It was made by Monolith Soft and is more akin to Namco x Capcom and Project X Zone games gameplay wise.
T is a traditionnal SRT game developed by Banpresto which is mixing various mecha IP (Top wo Nerae, Harlock, Gundam, Cowboy Beebop...) and a SRPG.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
I've been thinking about jumping in, I bought v and t and about to start playing v. But got a couple questions first. How much does the story work? Is it like final fantasy where if it's not stated it's its own thing or do the stories reference past events? Do multiple games retell the same anime stories or once they do the anime story they don't do it again but still have the characters around? Also the og games do they effect anything? I saw a review of moon dwellers and they mention a main character from j which as far as I know is not an og game.

Okay, so to explain that last one a bit, OG characters tend to be recycled from previous debuts in 'main' (the crossover) games, before they appear in the OG games proper. For example, Excellen and Kyosuke are originally from Super Robot Wars Compact 2, which was later remade as Super Robot Wars Impact; alternative versions are introduced in the OG series, but those are treated as the primary versions of those characters, because well, they now exist in their own universe.

There are a few multiverse travellers who are implied to go between the differing game universes, but they are very much the exception, not the rule.

As for the un-bolded part - all of above, and varies by entry. So in some cases you'll have a sub-franchise (usually arranged as a trilogy) where there is a single, forward progression story wise; the Alpha series is perhaps the archetypal example here. So Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 is a direct sequel to Alpha 2 which is a sequel to Alpha - if you hop on the third game, then the events of say, the first half of GaoGaiGar have already happened (because it was in Alpha 2) and you just kinda have to roll with how the plot progresses from there. On the other hand if you were to play Super Robot Wars W, which also features GaoGaiGar, you would play that story through in its entirety, and yeah, it is standalone. In the case of the newest release - T - several of the series featured actually take place after their on-TV ending, such as G Gundam - main character Domon's involvement focuses on what he does after having defeating the Dark Gundam. In some games, units and characters from shows are just... there, without much actual exploration of their plot: Koji from Mazinger Z is present in Super Robot Wars K, but he is just there, as pretty much a purely archetypal version of the character. In some cases games will bank on the assumption of some familiarity with players for certain featured series, and thus skip straight to 'main' events rather than go through the proper start of things; it's quite common for the UC Gundam series to collectively be halfway through the events of Mobile Suit Gundam Double Zeta from the moment you hit Start.

So yeah, varies on the title.

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so to explain that last one a bit, OG characters tend to be recycled from previous debuts in 'main' (the crossover) games, before they appear in the OG games proper. For example, Excellen and Kyosuke are originally from Super Robot Wars Compact 2, which was later remade as Super Robot Wars Impact; alternative versions are introduced in the OG series, but those are treated as the primary versions of those characters, because well, they now exist in their own universe.

There are a few multiverse travellers who are implied to go between the differing game universes, but they are very much the exception, not the rule.

As for the un-bolded part - all of above, and varies by entry. So in some cases you'll have a sub-franchise (usually arranged as a trilogy) where there is a single, forward progression story wise; the Alpha series is perhaps the archetypal example here. So Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 is a direct sequel to Alpha 2 which is a sequel to Alpha - if you hop on the third game, then the events of say, the first half of GaoGaiGar have already happened (because it was in Alpha 2) and you just kinda have to roll with how the plot progresses from there. On the other hand if you were to play Super Robot Wars W, which also features GaoGaiGar, you would play that story through in its entirety, and yeah, it is standalone. In the case of the newest release - T - several of the series featured actually take place after their on-TV ending, such as G Gundam - main character Domon's involvement focuses on what he does after having defeating the Dark Gundam. In some games, units and characters from shows are just... there, without much actual exploration of their plot: Koji from Mazinger Z is present in Super Robot Wars K, but he is just there, as pretty much a purely archetypal version of the character. In some cases games will bank on the assumption of some familiarity with players for certain featured series, and thus skip straight to 'main' events rather than go through the proper start of things; it's quite common for the UC Gundam series to collectively be halfway through the events of Mobile Suit Gundam Double Zeta from the moment you hit Start.

So yeah, varies on the title.
Thanks so much. This helps a lot.

OP
OP
squall23

squall23

Oct 25, 2017

Also Is there a good write up or video retrospective that goes indepth on the mechanics and story of the older non translated games?
In the very simplest of terms, the OG game prior to Moon Dwellers laid the foundation that all the SRW games (at least those up to J currently) are all connected to each other in some cosmic Buddhist sort of way.

I'll see if I can dig up an infographic because the deep lore is absolutely confusing as hell.

And i live it.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait to see T and V into the OG storyline. They both feel like they'd be able to slot in without issues. Never played X so dunno about that one.

I'm not really enjoying the T main mech though. Even the upgrade falls flat for me. Vangray and its upgrade was a beast in comparison.

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, I honestly didn't care for most of the new series that were put in here. The old ones I did care about have been overplayed to near death. I can see the animation shortcuts and the obvious crunch time. But holy shit, the pacing and the writing so far have been really good. I even got past my distaste of the lead male MC being seemingly 150% super cool with being a cog in capitalism. I'm really feeling the bravery, justice and revenge.

And I super fucking regret getting the Switch version because portability so far has been godlike but not having actual Rayearth OP play, Might Gaine OP play, GGG OP play, G Gundam OP play... it all hurts in a very real way. Also please tell me Tyranado will get a legit upgrade. X deeply offended me with the main original machine getting a few new moves and that's it.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, I honestly didn't care for most of the new series that were put in here. The old ones I did care about have been overplayed to near death. I can see the animation shortcuts and the obvious crunch time. But holy shit, the pacing and the writing so far have been really good. I even got past my distaste of the lead male MC being seemingly 150% super cool with being a cog in capitalism. I'm really feeling the bravery, justice and revenge.

And I super fucking regret getting the Switch version because portability so far has been godlike but not having actual Rayearth OP play, Might Gaine OP play, GGG OP play, G Gundam OP play... it all hurts in a very real way. Also please tell me Tyranado will get a legit upgrade. X deeply offended me with the main original machine getting a few new moves and that's it.
Tyranado upgrade is way worse than Vangray upgrade for what it's worth. Never played X.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Spoiled myself and I think if you don't like the Tyranado looks good I doubt you will like the upgrade either.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Cool. Not necessarily looking for a big challenge so this doesn't concern me. Thanks for chiming in.

Excellent impressions, thank you! I'm trying to really figure out if this is a game I'll stick with, or something I'll drop after a few sessions.
If you watch a few gameplay demos you should get a good feel for your base level impressions of the game. When it comes to SRW, what you see is what you get. Easy to understand if you've played any amount of strategy games before, just with cool cutscenes and stories that are all the more enjoyable if you've seen the source material.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
It also helps that this new game does come with a mode specifically made for those just kinda wanting to enjoy the story. You'll need to do a bit of strategising still, but you're given extra funds per stage completion so as to enable levelling units faster.

EdgeWilder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Geez kinda glad this is my first srw. Since apparently this is lacking compared to some recent ones? Cant be tainted with comparisons lol.Maybe I should go back after completing to see what I'm missing out on. Other then an intro of course :*( also havent seen alot of mecha shows myself, started with ttgl. And watched a few more after trying to recapture the epicness, such as gundam seed n unicorn. I still continue my search.
Wish valvran, orphan and ttgl were I this tho. But on bright side it makes me wanna watch G gundam and gun sword which I missed in my youth. Oh also crossbones. On chapter 8 or 9 I believe. But having a blast so far for someone who hasn't seen the source material for alot of the units.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
I decided to hold off on this for now. Cowboy Bebop and a little bit of Gundam Wing from when I was kid are the only real investment I have in the properties. I'm going to invest in some anime and then dive into this later when I care more about the characters and mechs. I started watching Iron Blooded Orphans recently because it came up on Funimation as one of the more popular series. I'm a couple of episodes in and enjoying it so far!

I'd love recommendations for you guys on series I should go through that will maximize my enjoyment of this game when I eventually play it. Basically, of the series heavily featured in this installment, which of those series are the best in your opinions?

Oct 25, 2017
I decided to hold off on this for now. Cowboy Bebop and a little bit of Gundam Wing from when I was kid are the only real investment I have in the properties. I'm going to invest in some anime and then dive into this later when I care more about the characters and mechs. I started watching Iron Blooded Orphans recently because it came up on Funimation as one of the more popular series. I'm a couple of episodes in and enjoying it so far!

I'd love recommendations for you guys on series I should go through that will maximize my enjoyment of this game when I eventually play it. Basically, of the series heavily featured in this installment, which of those series are the best in your opinions?

Aura Battler Dunbine and Zeta Gundam are two of my favorite mecha anime of all time. The Martian Successor Nadesico TV series is another favorite, although this game is drawing on the movie which wasn't nearly as good (also I'd argue that Nadesico is best enjoyed when you already have a lot of other mecha shows under your belt, as it's parodying a lot of common tropes in the genre). G Gundam and Char's Counterattack are also quite good.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017

For this game?
G Gundam, GunXSword, Rayearth, and Votoms are my picks.

G Gundam is very goofy and over the top. GunXSword is a pretty good revenge story. Rayearth is a magical girl series, but with Mecha (though be warned they don't appear til near the end of the first season). Votoms is a pretty good dystopian and noir esque mech series.

That's all I can really expound upon before I get spoilery, but I think you might enjoy those.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017

Honestly I'll just run down legal streaming options (for the US) worth considering for general familiarity:
-So, G Gundam is on Crunchyroll/VRV, and since that series is complete by the time the game story starts, that'd be good to know for backstory purposes.
-Gun X Sword is available on Funimation and Hulu, and is both a generally good looking show, heavily ties into the game's exploration of revenge, but also has some major integration into the story going on since the planet in the series - Endless Illusion, which is otherwise just... somewhere, in space - is instead replaced by Mars in game, so it'd be useful for playing spot the difference.
-Watching a UC (Universal Century) Gundam series would be useful, as it provides the political background of the game, with The Origin available on Hulu as a remake that leads into the One Year War; alternatively you can read the manga on Comic Walker, currently up to chapter 61, for free, which retells the events of the original series in full, and would be good for knowing who Amuro Ray, Char, and Captain Bright are meant to be.
-Mazinger Z the Impact is on Crunchyroll/VRV - yes, it's not the version featured in the game (which is instead Mazinger Infinity, a continuation of the original series), but it should help familiarise you with the general concepts, characters, and archetypes involved.
-Martian Successor Nadesico is also available on Crunchyroll/VRV, which is somewhat a sendup of mecha tropes in general, though as mentioned best appreciated when you've got some pre-existing familiarity so as to understand what it's riffing and commenting on, including the preconceptions some characters have because they've watched mecha anime.
-Aura Battler Dunbine is available on HiDive, and has the distinction of being one of the earliest isekai/other world anime, kickstarting the genre's long association with mecha.
-Armored Trooper VOTOMS is also available on HiDive, and while I've admittedly not yet reached the part of the game where it's relevant, it's still a strong recommendation in general.
-Cowboy Bebop is not mecha but it's a classic, and it's in this game. Has a good deal of presence in the game's worldbuilding for the 'lower rungs' of the universe as such - people living day to day and all that, plus their interactions with various characters because dammit Spike needs that bounty money.
-Captain Harlock is some old school shit, on Crunchyroll/VRV, but it's a good way of getting a taste of that Leiji Matsumoto romanticism that is infused into much of Japanese sci-fi; also space pirates, which thanks to the likes of the Crossbone Gundam crew, means Harlock gets a bunch of interaction with them.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
I appreciate all of these suggestions! I can't help but notice that no one mentioned iron blooded orphans. Should I drop that?

I actually had the first two VHS tapes for Nadesico as a kid (shout out to Suncoast video store) and I really loved them. I thought the potag was funny, and the mechs were cool.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate all of these suggestions! I can't help but notice that no one mentioned iron blooded orphans. Should I drop that?

I actually had the first two VHS tapes for Nadesico as a kid (shout out to Suncoast video store) and I really loved them. I thought the potag was funny, and the mechs were cool.

Iron Blooded Orphans is good in its own regard; it's just not relevant to this game. IBO is one of the various spinoff Gundams, taking place in its own universe and timeline separate from the others.

OP
OP
squall23

squall23

Oct 25, 2017

Watch Magic Knight Rayearth if you had to choose one series from this game.

It's the reason why CLAMP rose into the household name it is today.

Escape from Paradise (it's just a movie) is also on Netflix if you want to give that a go.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
I remember the days when getting a unit to Level 60 back on Z2 was an accomplishment. Now in this game I'm fighting Level 72 grunts. Strange times we're in. The general increase in levels for everything is weird.

Just started doing the "If" route and normal route for endgame side by side and so far the normal route is better. Has had better crossovers so far. Hopefully the If route picks up, that's normally where all the crazy stuff is supposed to go down.

Loona

Oct 29, 2017

There's a lack of videos on SRW and it's lore as a whole, but for some nice glimpses look up Nickioh's "Explained" videos on YT.

Things get interesting when you know originals from the crossover games will appear in future OGs and you can kinda guess how some OG stories might play out and integrate the new character and lore additions, not to mention almost anything Banpresto worked on can become a relevant plot point decades later.

Like, OG Moon Dwellers is kinda preparing for the OG version of Alpha 3 (crossover), while establishing some developments for OG veteran Masaki.
But before that the Z series, crossovers, had a character called Asakim with many a familiar aspect to him...