• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
There's a lack of videos on SRW and it's lore as a whole, but for some nice glimpses look up Nickioh's "Explained" videos on YT.

Things get interesting when you know originals from the crossover games will appear in future OGs and you can kinda guess how some OG stories might play out and integrate the new character and lore additions, not to mention almost anything Banpresto worked on can become a relevant plot point decades later.

Like, OG Moon Dwellers is kinda preparing for the OG version of Alpha 3 (crossover), while establishing some developments for OG veteran Masaki.
But before that the Z series, crossovers, had a character called Asakim with many a familiar aspect to him...
Thanks I win check it out. I think I will check out the og games then.

I think I've resigned my fate to play them all... Or at least the translated one and read story guides of the others. Me not being able to easily under stand all the lore really makes me just want to just play them

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada

I think I've resigned my fate to play them all... Or at least the translated one and read story guides of the others. Me not being able to easily under stand all the lore really makes me just want to just play them
Yeah the lore of the OG side of SRW is pretty deep. Even me having played a ton of them I still get quite confused because there is just so many characters, organizations etc.

OP
OP
squall23

squall23

Oct 25, 2017

Welcome to SRWOG, enjoy your stay:
zRONkMz.png

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Did You Know gaming just did a Super Robot Wars Vid. I reckon it'll be pretty informative for people who don't much going forward. For me watching this was a nostalgia rush of sorts. Really enjoyed it

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
Should I go with the girl or guy? Are there any significant differences?

This is my first SRW since the PS1

OP
OP
squall23

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Should I go with the girl or guy? Are there any significant differences?

This is my first SRW since the PS1
Out of all the games where you get to choose between a guy or a girl, this game makes the least difference. You get them both so the only difference is perspective in the story.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
I tried to update the software on Switch, and it's been downloading data for 15 minutes, but still 0%. Am I doing it wrong?

Edit: NM it works now

Last edited:

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
Just got to mission 16 and...
Holy shit, how frightening must it be to be a Votom pilot and have a giant gundam screaming "burning finger!!!" at you while glowing and shit. Also I love how Dann of Thursday just appears with no explanation of how he's able to get there.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
How are the Magic Knight Rayearth interactions? It's my favorite show in this group.

I'm still early into them, but aside of worldbuilding with Dunbine, there's some neat stuff of them geeking out over the heroic sorts - indeed, they're introduced by Hikaru recognising Koji during a trip to Tokyo Tower. It seems to involve some lightly hidden dialogue too, as I rather doubt they'd have reacted to how amazing GaoGaiGar was without me using it to absolutely wreck house on the mission in question.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
I would like to issue a correction to what I said earlier about difficulty. While I initially thought hard mode meant as soon as you lose a unit its game over, I was actually mistaken. Turns out I just so happened to lose a unit that was mission critical and I didn't think it was.

How are the Magic Knight Rayearth interactions? It's my favorite show in this group.
They're first introduced in a route split, which I unfortunately missed. If you wish to meet them early be sure to choose "peacekeeping forces" (its the one the Mazingers are in) when the choice appears. I kinda wish they were introduced normally.

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
What is the easiest way to get this game digitally on a US PS4?
Make a second PSN account for a region that supports the English version (I use Singapore)

Purchase the game (this usually involves buying PSN cards from online retailers)

Set your PS4 as the Primary PS4 for the account that you just made so that you can use games, DLC, and themes that you've purchased on your main account.

Switch to your main account and go wild.

Protmind

Oct 27, 2017
PlayAsia is selling two Asian versions:

PLAS-10370 which is listed as JPN voice and ENG subtitled and PLAS-10369 which is listed as multi-language. Are these two versions the same except for subtitle languages? It sounds like they both have ENG subtitles.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
PlayAsia is selling two Asian versions:

PLAS-10370 which is listed as JPN voice and ENG subtitled and PLAS-10369 which is listed as multi-language. Are these two versions the same except for subtitle languages? It sounds like they both have ENG subtitles.

One has English, Korean and Chinese text options, while the other just has English. SRW X and V only had an English only version, so this is just another option for T.

Oct 26, 2017
Make a second PSN account for a region that supports the English version (I use Singapore)

Purchase the game (this usually involves buying PSN cards from online retailers)

Set your PS4 as the Primary PS4 for the account that you just made so that you can use games, DLC, and themes that you've purchased on your main account.

Switch to your main account and go wild.

Thanks!

This looks like it will work but I am having 0 luck buying Singapore PSN cards. My payment method keeps being declined.

Hopefully I can figure it out.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile, WhatsMall has just not come up at all for me for days now. Kinda ruining the key merchant vibe I was going for.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Any recommendations which units I should've focused on?
Game's easy enough that you can basically use whatever units you want/like. Obviously not all support units or anything lol.

IMO the best units are:
Gunbuster
Amuro/v Gundam(Mid/Late game)
Chirico/Scopedog
Your MC
Arcadia.

Other super strong units, which you get early too are Great Mazinger, Burning Gundam and Dann of Thursday.

Keylow

Oct 25, 2017
Game's easy enough that you can basically use whatever units you want/like. Obviously not all support units or anything lol.

IMO the best units are:
Gunbuster
Amuro/v Gundam(Mid/Late game)
Chirico/Scopedog
Your MC
Arcadia.

Other super strong units, which you get early too are Great Mazinger, Burning Gundam and Dann of Thursday.

I think if u want a unit you get really early god gundam is one of the best units in the game. You can make him strong really fast and wreak shit with him.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you guys.

Anyways can somebody explain it to me how to get SR point on scenario 7?

I still don't get "Any ally unit defeats at least 3 enemy units in the same turn during a Player Phase".

I defeated more than 3 enemy units with more than 3 different units in the same player phase, but I didn't get the SR points.

Am I supposed to defeat 3 units with one of my unit in the same phase?

Camille_

Oct 26, 2017
AngoulĂŞme, France
Am I supposed to defeat 3 units with one of my unit in the same phase?

Exactly. To achieve this, you'll need to use the Ex Action Multi Action, which allows a unit to act again if they get a kill with their move. You'll basically want a unit with 5 ExC (or 4 if you think you'll level up with your first kill), then use multi action, kill a unit, use it again, kill another, then a third. Make sure to weaken your targets with other units first to setup the whole thing.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly. To achieve this, you'll need to use the Ex Action Multi Action, which allows a unit to move again if they get a kill with their move. You'll basically want a unit with 5 ExC (or 4 if you think you'll level up with your first kill), then use multi action, kill a unit, use it again, kill another, then a third. Make sure to weaken your targets with other units first to setup the whole thing.

Ah I see. Thanks a lot

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's lazy but I love the anime footage shown sometimes.

FINAL FUUUUUSION!

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
The only game I really used the mazinger units were in v, the mazinger zero and emperor animations were amazing.

Shin getter is my jam.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
The only game I really used the mazinger units were in v, the mazinger zero and emperor animations were amazing.

Shin getter is my jam.
MazinEmperor and Mazin Kaiser in X are fantastic. Shin Mazinger from Z2-X was great but just got old. Mazinger zero is outright the best animated mech in the series IMO. OG series included. Final breast nova is top 5 animations in the series too. I honestly doubt a Mazinger will ever top Zero here lol

Dann shame we had to downgrade to infinity here. They're okay but nowhere near close.

OP
OP
squall23

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
MazinEmperor and Mazin Kaiser in X are fantastic. Shin Mazinger from Z2-X was great but just got old. Mazinger zero is outright the best animated mech in the series IMO. OG series included. Final breast nova is top 5 animations in the series too. I honestly doubt a Mazinger will ever top Zero here lol

Dann shame we had to downgrade to infinity here. They're okay but nowhere near close.
Yeah, I can't agree with that at all. It's janky with the only thing going for it is that it looks cool. I haven't been truly wow'd by anything since OG stuff like Riot Buster and Rising Meteor. Actually, Execution Raid does the whole "point blank giant beam" thing better. So much so that it's dynamic kill probably should have went to Zero instead.

Seriously, Rising Meteor is so good, I pity the guy that has to animate Rising Meteor Inferno and then Jinrai.

Last edited:

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Yeah, I can't agree with that at all. It's janky with the only thing going for it is that it looks cool. I haven't been truly wow'd by anything since OG stuff like Riot Buster and Rising Meteor. Actually, Execution Raid does the whole "point blank giant beam" thing better. So much so that it's dynamic kill probably should have went to Zero instead.

Seriously, Rising Meteor is so good, I pity the guy that has to animate Rising Meteor Inferno and then Jinrai.
I can see why you call it janky(it's not smooth), but I absolutely love the style that animator goes for(GodMars, Gunleon, Baldios, Gaiou etc). It feels like an old school Super Robot version of the Zeta/nu-gundam style animations. Plus the effects, cutins and dynamic kill really vibes with me. Conveys everything Zero is all about in SRWV.

Do agree that the guy who has to do Jinrai is in trouble though. Alpha 3 Jinrai is still one of the greatest DKs ever and topping that will be damn hard. But I have faith in OG team. Moon Dwellers showed that they still have their touch.

WeaselKing

Oct 27, 2017
Finally managed to get the digital switch version via Whatsmall, but not before caving in and buying the physical version from PlayAsia... Oh well.
Time to dig in.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that Dann of Thursday can
Arrive in an entirely different galaxy
and everyone flipping out is just hilarious.

Also trying to get Shin Getter (55 Meters) vs ATs (4 Meters) and everyone going "THE FUCK" has me rolling too.

ChairMan

Oct 25, 2017
About halfway through and, compared to V and X, I'm really surprised by just how many original characters have been introduced.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that Dann of Thursday can
Arrive in an entirely different galaxy
and everyone flipping out is just hilarious.

Also trying to get Shin Getter (55 Meters) vs ATs (4 Meters) and everyone going "THE FUCK" has me rolling too.
You could tell the writers were having fun with this game.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017

I never played X but if they are similar to v then that's great. Mazinger zero truly is one of a kind in terms of animations. Even the low power attacks looked beastly.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Nice, now I can play without worrying that much.

Anyway what's the point of collecting SR points? >.<
Raises the difficulty of the game and for a few stages adds to points for certain secrets.

Main reason to get them is that when you have at least 50 of the 53 SR points in the game, you unlock the platinum emblem part, which lets a unit have two actions every turn. Very good part.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god I regret the Commando route.

I know nothing of Dunbine or Rayearth.

Should I change who pilots Dunbine or BIllbine or Sirbine?