• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Oh god I regret the Commando route.

I know nothing of Dunbine or Rayearth.

Should I change who pilots Dunbine or BIllbine or Sirbine?
Personally I didn't even bother fielding those units until I was forced to, and they seemed fine in the units they were already using.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit I just got into the secret scenario v junction. I hope these units join after the mission.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
Any suggestions for Tac Management? I haven't touched it cuz I only have around 3k TacPoint >.<

MongKey

Oct 29, 2017
Any suggestions for Tac Management? I haven't touched it cuz I only have around 3k TacPoint >.<
You should just take the one that you felt work best for your playstyle. You'll also get to keep the ones that you have unlocked for the next playthrough and unlock more of them.

Some thoughts
-The one which give 10% HP/MP regen is great for survivability and is a perfect skill for Super Robots since they usually tanks hit and eats MP like crazy with their attacks.
-Increase morale gain per turn is also great to get your mech to hit hard early especially those that need to reach a morale ceiling to gain their best attacks; Burning Gundam's Hyper Mode and the Zetas' Biosensor for example.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
This game is constantly in my head.

Gaogaigar theme song keeps playing forever. Cut a cake? Dividing Driver!

This is the first time I have played an srw with Gaogaigar and it's theme song is so damn catchy.

MongKey

Oct 29, 2017
SRW games have always been great with their instrumental remixes and yes, the GGG theme is great in this; I would sing the lyrics myself hearing it haha. Can't forget about GunXSword as well.

Another stand out for me is G Gundam using Trust You Forever which fits surprisingly well for a melancholic song. I was all ready to sing Flying in the Sky but now I'm humming this instead. But above all, the one that stuck the most is the Burning Finger theme

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Say what you want about the V,X,T trilogy of games, but the saxophones for the songs are absolutely glorious. GGG theme with Sax instrumental? They did real good.

Zaku3

Banned
Mar 20, 2019
Anyone have any luck with whatsmall again? According to reddit the switch dlc is up.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
lcxyE0D.gif

Edit:
Did grab a spare copy of the game and DLC, if anyone wants either.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I was under the impression the non-JP versions were all the same (ie include the CN/KR/EN translations, so if you redeem on the CN eshop it'd work on the EN cartridge).

Hell if I know though and I'm not daring enough to try since I don't really care for the DLC anyway.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Well, while I wait for WhatsMall to stop being down...

Sweet mother of retcon, they did something small, quick, but kinda neat (though maybe longterm questionable?) for Black Noir in this game:
So turns out it's a super computer developed by the Black Planet (contrasting the Purple, Green and Red Planets more popularly known in GGG, Earth being the Blue Planet) are its own particular defense against the Zonders - relinquishing control to a singular machine in the hopes of not being consumed by the Zonder mass. Somehow lost its memory (presumably due to getting its ass kicked), wound up on Earth, but retained its core if corrupted directive of control.

That feels like an idea a writer cooked up in five minutes but I kinda love it.

MongKey

Oct 29, 2017
23 missions in, I think I've got my main group of mechs figured out and ready for some Custom Bonuses.

Gaogaigar changing from a post-move destroyer into a hit & runner with Star Gaogaigar dampens my excitement a bit. Guess I'll just revert him back to normal GGG until the Star gets an upgraded move or something.

The Gunbuster is a beast. She just casually hits the upper damage threshold of other units without batting an eye and she crits a lot as well. King J-Der also made a small cameo appearance and he manages to rival the Gunbuster in both damage and defend. Can't wait until he joins permanently. The two of them are definite powerhouses.

I guess they learned from X and V that having too many unit with the Commander skill is too OP. They really cut it down in T with only the traditional big mothership Pilots having them. I miss having small units with Commander buff painting the battlefield gold but it's better for the game balance this way.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
I restarted the game from my earliest save which is from scenario 6, cuz I'm too dumb and never used that side plan >.<

MongKey

Oct 29, 2017
I restarted the game from my earliest save which is from scenario 6, cuz I'm too dumb and never used that side plan >.<
Oh man, that's rough. Hope you'll have a good time going through the missions again.

On the bright side, not having too many mechs early on means you didn't miss out too much on the side plan bonuses which you'll be seeing shortly in the future.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, that's rough. Hope you'll have a good time going through the missions again.

On the bright side, not having too many mechs early on means you didn't miss out too much on the side plan bonuses which you'll be seeing shortly in the future.

I was at scenario 13, and loving this game, so restarting isn't really that bad.

Exhausting, but I enjoyed it. Need to play faster tho, so I can get Rayearth.

MongKey

Oct 29, 2017
So by choosing between the girl and the man you change the route?
Nope, choosing the woman or man only changes who gets to be the main character and get focus on. So you should just pick whoever you like best.

The actual route split are given as a choice later in the game itself. The game will make it very obvious when there is one.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
...Hm. Given how early you're able to obtain him in the game, I'm more than a bit disappointed that the devs didn't really decide to do anything with...
Black Mightgaine. There's numerous points in the story where it feels like that he, both specifically as an AI but also just generally as a character going through a redemption arc (even if the sum of his sins is being controlled by the bad guys for a single battle), should have some kind of interaction with the villains. His own creator won't say a peep to him. It's particularly weird since Mightgaine's story this time around is post-series, so they could have done anything they wanted to flesh things out further, but just... didn't, beyond the Black Noir retcon I mentioned previously.

ChairMan

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I can't really say I was expecting this.

Shocked as hell when all the OG pilots from V just show up. Half-expecting them to join after the mission, but the quick short cameo was just fine too. The double Nines for both GranVang and VangNex was a nice handwave. Now I'm expecting another mission for the X crew to show up down the line, but not sure what I even did to unlock this one.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Whatsmall working again on my phone. Have sent PMs about the DLC, got a spare game code if anyone's interested

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Still no change in yesasia's stock situation. I'm hoping I'm not going to have to wait too much longer before my order ships out.

Zaku3

Banned
Mar 20, 2019
Still no change in yesasia's stock situation. I'm hoping I'm not going to have to wait too much longer before my order ships out.

I recommend other options. Check amazon or ebay to see if there is a local seller that has a copy. I got a copy via Jonnydbrit but I picked up a physical from a local US ebay store and got the game this past tuesday. Playasia was saying a week to ship since I missed the initial batch.

MongKey

Oct 29, 2017
Damage Support
Target Support
Cost Support

Exc burst
Range burst
Acceleration burst
Ah, I see.

Damage support is great in the 2nd half of the game when spirits like Valor and Soul start appearing so it doesn't really have any benefit early on. Cost support is great the whole game since Bless is one of the best spirit in the game to gain extra money; use Bless on the mech that defeats a boss to gain double the money. Less cost for Bless means more usage for multiple bosses in a map. Target support is only useful if most of your mechs dont have good accuracy and evasion increasing spirits of their own.

Exc burst is a great skill that is very versatile since theres a lot of Exc action to choose from and getting extra Exc helps a lot and will stay relevent until the end of a battle. While both Range and Accel burst lose their benefit the farther in a battle goes because by then most of your mechs should be in the face of the bosses.

So I reccomend Cost support and Exc burst as the best and most balanced choice but Damage support is also a fine choice if you want more damage in the 2nd half.

Zaku3

Banned
Mar 20, 2019
I really like the DLC. It's nice having those extra back story missions. I am playing on expert so the extra money and items help.

I recommend expert if you feel the game is too easy.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Got my copy yesterday and was able to play a couple of missions. Loving the OG characters and the OG mech way more than in X. The Side Plan addition is a wonderful idea and makes grinding for kills to create aces much easier.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm up to scenario 26 now and I gotta say that Gunbuster is probably my single favourite unit to use in any SRW game so far. Buster Collider doesn't look too great tbh, but Buster Home Run is just fantastic :D

Gaogaigar is pretty funny as well... most especially when you set this as the theme for Hell and Heaven:

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I was looking at picking this up but at $90 with shipping and probably another $20 in customs fee here in Sweden I will skip it.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Do we get Genesic GGG or some other upgrade? I'm not really happy with Star GGG and we've seen some GGG Final attacks from the other robots.