• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Considering picking this up once the smoke clears from all my bills this month.

How's the G Gundam integration? This will make or break my purchase, as I'm really not interested in non-OG SRW games unless they have G Gundam in them.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Considering picking this up once the smoke clears from all my bills this month.

How's the G Gundam integration? This will make or break my purchase, as I'm really not interested in non-OG SRW games unless they have G Gundam in them.
G Gundam is really really nice here. You get Domon really early and he's kind of a big part that drives the story early game. Allenby and some other characters feel well integrated too. Like, there are a lot of space pirates in this game so Argo fits right in. Getting to see God Gundam's attacks in better quality than the anime is sick.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
G Gundam is really really nice here. You get Domon really early and he's kind of a big part that drives the story early game. Allenby and some other characters feel well integrated too. Like, there are a lot of space pirates in this game so Argo fits right in. Getting to see God Gundam's attacks in better quality than the anime is sick.

Fantastic. I wish I still lived in NYC so I could just pick up a copy of the English version at J&L and skip the exorbitant import fees.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I live in Sweden too and I kinda have to buy digital. Ended up way cheaper than importing.

What's weird is that it seems like WhatsMall is way more stable on my phone than my PC, though it requires a workaround of going to a game page first and then logging in. Like, none of that makes sense but it's how I've gotten it working atm.

Young Magus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gettin api errors when I try to checkout? Whats the problem?

EDIT: Using whatsmall to get the hk switch version

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2017
How many units can you typically field by late game?

I'm on stage 21 and have gotten to the point where I can't field all the units I want, so I want to get an idea on how many I should invest in

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017

I'm on stage 21 and have gotten to the point where I can't field all the units I want, so I want to get an idea on how many I should invest in

I'm on stage 40-something, or thereabouts, and you usually get 15-16 units, though that's often not counting plot relevant units.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017

Just don't forget about units that you'll be forced to use on some missions, and then there's the splits as well.

I'm in the same boat though, there's probably 20 I want to use and I'm capped out with the 15 or so plus the few others, you'll probably be fine overall though.

Camille_

Oct 26, 2017
Angoulême, France

IIRC the final stretch allows up to 24 units (maybe even 25). I was a bit constrained for most of the game, until it opened up to 20 in the last quarter or so, then 24 for the last.. 5 or 6 missions?, at which point it gives enough breathing room considering the size of the cast.

Loona

Oct 29, 2017
Do we get Genesic GGG or some other upgrade? I'm not really happy with Star GGG and we've seen some GGG Final attacks from the other robots.

This is now making me hope for J-phoenix, but I suppose Renée isn't in the, as she's a Final-only character and integral to that attack (which is beautiful).

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got my copy yesterday and the opening hours are definitely my favorite out of the 8 or 9 of these I've played. Really like the OG characters so far and little things like Spike's "bell peppers and beef without the beef" schtick and his Cowboy ability just epitomize why I love this series, (even more so when I can actually read most of the text haha)

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Yo is there any reason/good examples of put characters into other mechs?

I only do it for easier time leveling them or when forced to use them especially the ZZ cast.

Kinda sad that they didn't do any interactions with the G Gundam cast, GGG and El Dora V about turning gold. I don't know if any dlc has this.

MongKey

Oct 29, 2017
Yo is there any reason/good examples of put characters into other mechs?
Putting Show in the Dunbine rather than the Billbine early on helps since he has innate Aura Power Lv.5 and can use Dunbine's ultimate attack. Up until he gets Aura Power Lv.6 (around level 30), he's better off in the Dunbine rather than Billbine.

Speaking of the Aura Battlers, the upgrade for Billbine is freaking awesome. Did not expect that at all and came as an absolute surprise. I thought I had my fill with Show in X but I have to slot him in for this awesome new mech. The Aura Road song is still as catchy as ever.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got my copy yesterday and the opening hours are definitely my favorite out of the 8 or 9 of these I've played. Really like the OG characters so far and little things like Spike's "bell peppers and beef without the beef" schtick and his Cowboy ability just epitomize why I love this series, (even more so when I can actually read most of the text haha)

Spike also has lines for EVERYONE.

He's T's Heero.

ChairMan

Oct 25, 2017
Finished my first playthrough. Overall, I liked the plot a lot, particularly with how they handled Rayearth, Gun X Sword, and Prince of Darkness stories. And even though Infinity story is whatever, just the fact that it exists and allows an adult Koji to interact and reminisce with adult Amuro and adult Ryoma made for a lot of fantastic moments. And, even being post-plot, G Gundam and Domon were nice in how they carried the plot and integrated with the other revenge-based stories. Spike's interactions with practically anyone were also really on point. Mixing both Aura Battlers plot and characters with the Rayearth setting worked pretty well, too.

About the only stuff I disliked was some of the new animations, which ended up just being underwhelming. Shin Getter Dragon and Mazinger Z's final attacks, in particular. Some of the series casts were pretty forgettable, mostly Mightgaine, Tryder, and Expelled from Paradise. The latter is especially a shame since its a debut series, but oh well.

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
Spike also has lines for EVERYONE.

He's T's Heero.

I'm on scenario 9 now and this checks out. The writing overall just seems to be a cut above V (didn't play X), with the additional animations stills and occasional cut-ins really adding more than I thought they would.

Finished my first playthrough. Overall, I liked the plot a lot, particularly with how they handled Rayearth, Gun X Sword, and Prince of Darkness stories. And even though Infinity story is whatever, just the fact that it exists and allows an adult Koji to interact and reminisce with adult Amuro and adult Ryoma made for a lot of fantastic moments. And, even being post-plot, G Gundam and Domon were nice in how they carried the plot and integrated with the other revenge-based stories. Spike's interactions with practically anyone were also really on point. Mixing both Aura Battlers plot and characters with the Rayearth setting worked pretty well, too.

About the only stuff I disliked was some of the new animations, which ended up just being underwhelming. Shin Getter Dragon and Mazinger Z's final attacks, in particular. Some of the series casts were pretty forgettable, mostly Mightgaine, Tryder, and Expelled from Paradise. The latter is especially a shame since its a debut series, but oh well.

I just got to scenario 12, and the fact that I saw random Mightgaine villains with the GGG villain and Black Mightgaine just showed up made me think that the series wasn't going to get as much focus. Which is fine with me considering it was one of the MAIN series focused on in V. Looking forward to Aura Battlers as that series will be completely new to me.

Nov 3, 2017
Christ, some of the SR Point requirements are actually pretty tough. Current stage I'm on requires me to get Exc 10 on a single unit. Given the way I play, most stages generally end with my units having 2 Exc

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Christ, some of the SR Point requirements are actually pretty tough. Current stage I'm on requires me to get Exc 10 on a single unit. Given the way I play, most stages generally end with my units having 2 Exc
A level up will give you an Exc. Just use your lowest level character and give him/her a cheer while making him/her get the last hit.

There's also a power part that gives you 5 exc when you use it.

Keylow

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the game tonight. I really liked it a lot and out of T,X,V games I think T is the best game out of these with V being second. I really loved the roster even though the OG unit wasn't the best but it did grow on me. It was great to have G gundam, gaogaigar and gunbuster being back. VTX crew is great and the hole salaryman thing was cool too. All in all I'm really happy with this one.

What I would like to see next is OG3 now with the alpha3 story line. I need that lol. But with the next cross over game I hope UC gundam takes a break I'm personally tired of them and if they do use UC just have it be Thunderbolt, 08ms, and Stardust Memory. Also I want CE back but starting over with seed and having Astray stuff too for gundam stuff. I want IBO to. Wouldn't mind OO to be back but only TV only and same thing with wing. I'm tired of endless Walt's. And yes I like gundam lol. Would love to see macross back but we all know about that. gaogaigar will be back with final I'm I'll be hype when that happens. Don't really know about other stuff I just want non movie of shows in it. I think the shows that gets movies the stuff tends to get boring to me. I am super hyped for gundam G Gen crossrays too.

Zaku3

Banned
Mar 20, 2019

This is in part why I am enjoying expert mode so far. You get a SR point for just beating the level and the enemies are a bit tougher.

Richy78

Oct 27, 2017
This is in part why I am enjoying expert mode so far. You get a SR point for just beating the level and the enemies are a bit tougher.

Yep exactly the same reason I play expert mode. I like to take my time to get through a mission so it's perfect that I don't to rush to atteint the SR point objectif!

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
This is tangentially related, but the woman who led the translation team for T also has partially translated alpha 2 and played it on her twitch channel.

She isn't very active, but I stumbled upon it and thought it was interesting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
squall23

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
This is tangentially related, but the woman who led the translation team for T also has partially translated alpha 2 and played it on her twitch channel.

She isn't very active, but I stumbled upon it and thought it was interesting.
dramata has been part of the SRW community for more than 15 years now. Back then, she would scanlate various manga chapters and 4komas.

enishi

Oct 27, 2017
Hong Kong
In case anyone is still interested in, the official HK eshop (web store only) opens today.

You can buy Super Robot Wars T digital version (supports Traditional Chinese, Korean and English) from the link below.
https://store.nintendo.com.hk/70010000015667

The official web store seems to be more stable and reliable than previous third-party solution. It is rather late, but at least Nintendo addresses the issue.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Got this a couple weeks ago, and been enjoying it a lot. I haven't played too much of this series, but I'm really into this one; I'm quite liking the story and how they're having most of these characters live in the same world (I believe that hasn't really been the case in recent games?). It certainly got me interested in some series as well!

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Got this a couple weeks ago, and been enjoying it a lot. I haven't played too much of this series, but I'm really into this one; I'm quite liking the story and how they're having most of these characters live in the same world (I believe that hasn't really been the case in recent games?). It certainly got me interested in some series as well!
Yep.

Closest would be those in Votoms and expelled from paradise who lives in another galaxy.

I'm not familiar with both of these but Aura Battler and Magic Knight Rayearth seems to be connected to Earth but can't be seen.

No different universe or timeline this time.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't suppose anyone here has platinumed this yet, have they? I'm just wondering how to get the trophy for using supporter commands 6 times in one stage as I can't figure out how to replenish S-SP to use the commands. At most there's usually enough to use 3 commands by the end of any given stage, so I'm wondering what the trick is for getting to 6.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
I don't suppose anyone here has platinumed this yet, have they? I'm just wondering how to get the trophy for using supporter commands 6 times in one stage as I can't figure out how to replenish S-SP to use the commands. At most there's usually enough to use 3 commands by the end of any given stage, so I'm wondering what the trick is for getting to 6.
I haven't tried it, but doesn't the S-SP replenish like 3 per turn just like the normal SP?

In that case you can just pass turn until you can cast them all.

Conan

Oct 25, 2017
It seems a bit silly but I do actually miss trophies on the switch version. Playing it portably is nice of course but no trophies or custom music are significant drawbacks.

OP
OP
squall23

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
BX was this. Like how in this game, Master Asia is friends with the older guys, in BX, they had Flit Asuno as a hero of the OYW alongside Amuro.

MongKey

Oct 29, 2017
Super Robot Wars T Has The Highest Overseas Sales For The Series Yet; Trial Version Launches

https://www.dualshockers.com/super-robot-wars-t-highest-overseas-sales-demo/amp/

On a recent episode of Umasugi Wave, Super Robot Wars Producer Takanobu Terada revealed that Super Robot Wars T's Asian versions are selling very well, even more than the Japanese version.

Super Robot Wars T is available on PS4 and Switch. A demo is now available on the Asian PS Store. The demo is only available in Japanese on Switch.

It seems like the game is doing really well internationally and their effort of localising the games are bearing fruits in the end.

For those that is on the fence and want to see if the game appeal to you then the demo is a great addition. Now people can try for free rather than take a wild plunge.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Still haven't got around to picking up the game, but noticed that you can get the PS4 version for $66 with 1-day Prime shipping on Amazon.