• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

flowsnake

Oct 25, 2017
In case anyone is still interested in, the official HK eshop (web store only) opens today.

You can buy Super Robot Wars T digital version (supports Traditional Chinese, Korean and English) from the link below.
https://store.nintendo.com.hk/70010000015667

The official web store seems to be more stable and reliable than previous third-party solution. It is rather late, but at least Nintendo addresses the issue.

Does this accept non-HK credit cards?

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
So my Chinese/English Switch version finally arrived. I see that I have three different DLC "scenarios", one of which is the Day 1 DLC one, but I didn't get the Gespent from it. Did I miss the window on that one or something?

edit: Nevermind! It turns out that you just do the scenario automatically.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Through the first couple of chapters (not much, obviously) and I'm digging it. The thing showing whether or not your attack will kill the enemy is a nice QOL upgrade compared to the previous games. And although it's early, it feels like things are really well integrated into a single world, which is a lot different than X where there was only some minimal backstory involvement (like the Dunbine/Wing/Geass stuff that's mostly just mentioned in a few conversations and leaves you thinking that would have been a cool game to play), so I'm really happy about that. Also happy to see Nadesico showing up so early.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I finally had the time to sit down and play this again. Made to the last stage normal route. My god.. the fuck were they thinking with this lol. I immediately quick saved and stopped playing.

Oct 25, 2017
Up through Chapter 6, and although it's still super early, I'm really impressed with the writing so far. The story and world building feels a lot more engaging to me compared to either V or X right now, and I'm really interested in seeing where it all goes. Seeing all of the different space pirates from their respective series together was really fun.

Keylow

Oct 25, 2017
Up through Chapter 6, and although it's still super early, I'm really impressed with the writing so far. The story and world building feels a lot more engaging to me compared to either V or X right now, and I'm really interested in seeing where it all goes. Seeing all of the different space pirates from their respective series together was really fun.
I think the writing are one of the best parts of the game to me. They did a great job

Schnarf

Nov 12, 2017
Tacoma, WA
If you are like me, and interested in trying the Switch English version out, the Hong Kong store has a demo. You need to make an eshop account set in that region first, then go to the store on your Switch.
The eShop for HK is just a screen to enter a code (you buy games on the website then get a code to enter on your system).

The eShop page for the game in HK has the following bit of info:
Free trial version download serial number: D3GM3303SQLBTXVB

I am downloading this right now, and am 99% sure it has English options. Will update if I am proven wrong once the download finishes.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad that Kamille actually shows up early in this game. I hated how long I had to wait to get him in both V and X (and they did basically the same plot with him in both games). It's nice to get him in the first stretch of the game and actually have him already have come to terms with things. I'm pretty impressed with how Judau is being used in this game, too, based on his first couple of chapters. It's nice to see some more dramatic tension for him.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhat dissapointed in Shin Getter Dragon and the events that lead up to it.

It can't even transform.

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure if this just dropped or not, but the discussion I found on it is recent:

ktEC13v.jpg

I've yet to find any details on this "Super Expert Mode".

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
This has been added today, I'm not done yet and this was not live as of yesterday evening (JP time).

Is it the first time the add those things?

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I just got the update as well.

Maybe a proper Ex hard mode?

Damn. Replay value just went through the roof.

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
Oh God you can upgrade a lot of skills to EX level for a boost that is basically double the effect, my endgame is going to be hilariously broken. I mean even more than it is right now.

Time to fuck some shit up!

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm only up to the first route split and they're already dropping such a big update. Any word on what exactly Super Expert mode is?

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I've always wondered what was the process for animations in recent SRW games, especially the cut-ins with the characters.

After seeing the Shuffle Alliance Punch a few days ago and the ultimate Rayearth attack right now, I can't hep but feel they were given access to some of those series original animation cells, it's just too complex & clean compared to normal SRW cut-ins.

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the double post but I have a question: I recently got the Full Armor parts for the ZZ Gundam but they lower its defence by 500 points... What gives?

Does the normal ZZ stays in play when the Full Armor ZZ gets destroyed?

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry for the double post but I have a question: I recently got the Full Armor parts for the ZZ Gundam but they lower its defence by 500 points... What gives?

Does the normal ZZ stays in play when the Full Armor ZZ gets destroyed?
Yes.

You basically have two life bars. They mention lowering mobility but it's not the actual mobility stat but the movement. It basically locks you into MS mode.

Also you have two energy bars as well. I usually spam High Mega Cannon or the Full power variant then purge once I run out of EN.

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
Yes.

You basically have two life bars. They mention lowering mobility but it's not the actual mobility stat but the movement. It basically locks you into MS mode.

Also you have two energy bars as well. I usually spam High Mega Cannon or the Full power variant then purge once I run out of EN.
Thank you for the confirmation!

OP
OP
squall23

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I've always wondered what was the process for animations in recent SRW games, especially the cut-ins with the characters.

After seeing the Shuffle Alliance Punch a few days ago and the ultimate Rayearth attack right now, I can't hep but feel they were given access to some of those series original animation cells, it's just too complex & clean compared to normal SRW cut-ins.
It also wholly depends on the animator. There was that old rumour where apparently Obari would personally animate (Great) Might Gaine for free if Terada ever got the license for it.

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
Outside of SRW, what does Obari do these days? I haven't seen anything directed by him since Dancouga Nova
He works on the odd mech show now and then. I think the biggest project he was the most involved with in recent years (from a certain perspective) was SRW OG The Inspector (it was GREAT) which he directed.
He did some animation, storyboarding and even directing on the Gundam BF series, did a bit on Iron-Blood Orphans, probably some other stuff. He does freelance illustrations as well for about everything and anything (such as the robot mascot of Ryukyu Ginko - an Okinawan bank)

I'm following him on Twitter and I'm not worried about the dude, he seems to be living a rather chill life.

Oct 27, 2017
After 2 months of delivery my Switch version from playasia finally came a few days ago and I'm playing it feverishly since then. It's basically Avengers Endgame with japanese mechs and it's a damn travesty I couldn't play one of these games earlier since there so hard to get by outside of Asia.

The only downside so far is that all the series I would've liked in there like Gurren Lagann or Code Geass are not there and have already been in past titles appearantly.

Oct 25, 2017
After 2 months of delivery my Switch version from playasia finally came a few days ago and I'm playing it feverishly since then. It's basically Avengers Endgame with japanese mechs and it's a damn travesty I couldn't play one of these games earlier since there so hard to get by outside of Asia.

The only downside so far is that all the series I would've liked in there like Gurren Lagann or Code Geass are not there and have already been in past titles appearantly.

If you have access to either a Vita or PS4, both of those were in last year's Super Robot Wars X. If not, well, I'm sure they'll be in another game in the series before too long. The popular titles always come back eventually.

OP
OP
squall23

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Outside of SRW, what does Obari do these days? I haven't seen anything directed by him since Dancouga Nova
He had a major role in Daimidaler which is absolutely unsurprising considering the kind of show that it is.

If you want actual Endgame, you owe it to yourself to play Alpha 3 since it's the finale of the Alpha saga. Z3.2 is OK but Alpha 3 is a much better trilogy conclusion.

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
God I need to play Alpha 3. Played Alpha 1 back in 2010/2011, gave up on Gaiden, followed with Alpha 2 during summer 2012 which was INCREDIBLE and... didn't had the time to get rolling with Alpha 3 before moving here without my PS2. Kind of don't want to buy another one just for this but it hasn't been republished ever...

Gespenst MKIV

Nov 1, 2017
If younliked Alpha 2 you will love 3, it adds a lot of quality of life improvements to the squad system.
On the subject of Z3.2 it's night and day, it loves trowing overleveleld boss units at you on the early game and the gran majority of mooks are OG size L and up which kinda makes your smaller units very under powered early on until you get them a couple of levels on size ignore adn talking about OG units the Alpha group it's much better compared to just Hibiki

Gespenst MKIV

Nov 1, 2017
It really suck because Z is really good and Z2 where my travel companions back in uni (weekly 2 hours trips) and then Z3 ended the trilogy in the worst way possible.

Keylow

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with playing alpha3 it's one of the best games in the series and has the best balance between OG units and anime units.

Nov 3, 2017
Did they update their animations at all? It's been a while since I played V (still my favorite of the SRW games this generation).

It's been at least a year since I played V, but I doubt there were any changes.

Like there are members of the cast who are using their animations from Z3 with minor touch ups. I doubt they would make any changes to characters who are only there for a bonus change.

It's why they did that explanation of Nine creating multiple bodies for herself - so they could use the same animations and voice lines for both protagonists without having to change anything based on who your canon hero is

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I like the cast of T and the T.Rex but...oh man was I sad when the V crew went back into their portal at the end of the mission.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I loved the portrayal of Hathaway's Flash in V, and the heavy use of Crossbone and Yamato. I was also hoping you'd get to use them as bonus units, but nope.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
V is my favorite this gen if only for the completely sick Mazin Emperor and Mazinger Zero animations.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I think I am getting this on Swtich, is there anything special i need to do to play it on an NA switch?