• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
I think I am getting this on Swtich, is there anything special i need to do to play it on an NA switch?

If you're ordering a cart, yeah, just order the Asian rather than Japanese version and you're cool. If you wanna get it digitally and more immediately, then make a new Nintendo account that's set to the Hong Kong region. You can then buy the code from their online store.

Oct 27, 2017
So I finally punched through the game and the last boss was kinda disappointing? I saw vids of bosses of earlier games in the past with ridiculous FInal Fantasy like 1 minute long animations and I expected something similiar.

Then I've looked up the secret route and it's the same, just that you fight 2 versions of the same boss? I originally wanted to make a second playthorugh at some point but all my intentions to do so have vanished because of that.

It was a very fun romp but the ending wasn't really satisfying enough after all the cool shit that happened in the missions right before it.

Oct 27, 2017
So it's basically a new story with Special Section 3 from where they are at the ending and they reaquire/recycle the existing roster or are there robots of new series besides the OGs as well?

twofive

Oct 27, 2017
After a long break after MX portable, came back for V, X and T day 1 respectively partly because of Asian version. The story is much worse than what I had in my head when I can't read it and it's taking me at least 3 times as long to beat the games now that I am not skipping everything.

But I still enjoyed my time with it and hard mode is a godsend, fuck the SR points.

Looking forward to the conclusion of the VTX "trilogy". Day 1.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
The Expansion pack DLC is out today, 29.90 SGD on the Playstation Store. Adds all the OG characters and units from V and X, no new units from what the people over at GameFAQs are saying. I'm only on Scenario 41 with the main game so need to buy it just yet.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Finished up the game last night, the final boss was super easy and didn't require any thought. X's final boss required some thought and resource management in comparison.

Overall, this gen I'd rank V as my favorite SRW game and then I'm not sure if X or T was better. I loved G Reco in X but Cowboy Bebop, Harlock and GaoGaiGar were great in T.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hi guys, missed this ot! Got my Asian switch copy Coming in the mail, as a complete newcomer to the series(mainly a Gundam guy and really enjoyed G but I've watched a few other shows like Shin getter robo). Got any tips for me? I've heard this one is a solid choice for newcomers having the best qol

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Hi guys, missed this ot! Got my Asian switch copy Coming in the mail, as a complete newcomer to the series(mainly a Gundam guy and really enjoyed G but I've watched a few other shows like Shin getter robo). Got any tips for me? I've heard this one is a solid choice for newcomers having the best qol
Getting the 5 point upgrade bonus (5 points in every stat except weapon damage) gives you mechs a custom upgrade bonus, unique for every different mech. Doing this is often both strong and cost efficient.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hah should have figured you're in here Euler and yep, I've heard that one! Say I was wondering what's the unit spread for each show? I mean obviously shows that have been in more entries will have more units and of course some shows don't have many to begin with. I mainly know Gundam of course(never heard of Crossbones though) and a little Getter Robo. I'd also imagine the first Gundam stuff you unlock is Z

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Hah should have figured you're in here Euler and yep, I've heard that one! Say I was wondering what's the unit spread for each show? I mean obviously shows that have been in more entries will have more units and of course some shows don't have many to begin with. I mainly know Gundam of course(never heard of Crossbones though) and a little Getter Robo. I'd also imagine the first Gundam stuff you unlock is Z

That's a great resource.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I just wanted to check, being that I got the Asian version with English, still no dlc outside of the free updates? Or has that changed? If so is it worth it

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I have no idea if the Switch gets the paid DLC missions since I play on the PS4, but they never offer new units and are mostly themed around certain shows.

I know the place has a bad reputation around here, but the Gamefaqs boards for SRW games (and other Gundam titles) are normally very helpful.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
After 3 days in customs it has finally arrived!
m2OvuAv.jpg

But I'm so deep into Okami I probably won't fire it up till tomorrow. Already downloaded the update though

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
I just bought this today for Switch, should be here within the week, but this will be my very first SRW!

I will admit that Bebop was the series that finally got me to pull the trigger. Gunbuster and Harlock are bonuses for me.

I considered buying V or X as I'd love some Gurren Lagann and Eva but I'll see how I fare with this entry before I commit to more. I enjoy tactical RPGs and I've admired SRW from a distance for ages so I'm excited to get started.

Would going back to SRW V or X afterwards feel like to much of a regression or are the changes incremental enough that I wouldn't really notice?

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
I just bought this today for Switch, should be here within the week, but this will be my very first SRW!

I will admit that Bebop was the series that finally got me to pull the trigger. Gunbuster and Harlock are bonuses for me.

I considered buying V or X as I'd love some Gurren Lagann and Eva but I'll see how I fare with this entry before I commit to more. I enjoy tactical RPGs and I've admired SRW from a distance for ages so I'm excited to get started.

Would going back to SRW V or X afterwards feel like to much of a regression or are the changes incremental enough that I wouldn't really notice?
I have played V and T. They're both super similar, some balance changes and small additions have been done but not really anything that makes it hard to go back to the earlier ones.

It's probably the same for SRW X.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have played V and T. They're both super similar, some balance changes and small additions have been done but not really anything that makes it hard to go back to the earlier ones.

It's probably the same for SRW X.
That's been SRW in general for a while. Even the PSP and GBA games have the same base model just lacking some of the newer mechanics, but none of the SRW games are particularly hard to go back to imo.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017

T has a few QOL changes that make the experience a little better but it's nothing major at all that should take away the others.

V > T >> X though, imo. V and T are neck and neck but something about X is just meh to me, even though it has my favorite franchises in the SRW games by far (Gundam Wing and TTGL).

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
It's easier to get overpowered in T. They give out so much more resources and you level up faster due to the higher levels the enemies gets to.

Levelling up means a lot more than stats because you also learn skills faster. The support systems also gives you more options. While the sub order system is buffed in a way that you can use units that were present in the previous stages unlike the other entries.

I like V a lot more though. I prefer the series list, the returning original characters and the option to choose which way your main unit evolves. A lot more overpowered mechs too.

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Thanks for the feedback y'all. Looks like my copy should be here today sometime, I think I'll dig it so I can easily see myself dipping back for V and X.

This was the Bebop special that sold me. God I'm so easy:

Does this mean that I won't get "Tank!" BGM for this special since I'm getting the Asia release? I was a little confused on the whole custom BG/original theme music thing..

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Thanks for the feedback y'all. Looks like my copy should be here today sometime, I think I'll dig it so I can easily see myself dipping back for V and X.

Does this mean that I won't get "Tank!" BGM for this special since I'm getting the Asia release? I was a little confused on the whole custom BG/original theme music thing..

Nah the normal version just has instrumental covers of all the songs too, the deluxe version just has full anime style covers with vocals

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

In game is a goofy mid version but if you are getting the ps4 version, you can input your own music to play over each individual attack of your choosing. Thus you could replace the midi version of tank with the REAL version

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Ah, I'm getting the Switch version (having this available portably for my upcoming holiday travel was a must). I think I can live with the midi instrumentals! Just as long as it's there I think I'm good.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If it means anything I have the Switch version too and the Tank arrangement is one of the better ones included. On the opposite end, what they ended up doing with Gunbuster's Fly High lyrics is pretty bad. It is a mix of good/bad, but the vast majority are pretty good.

GenG

Oct 26, 2017
bumping this up just to see if anyone has a guide of what one needs to do to pick this up from HK eShop?

Sure.

First, you need to change your My Nintendo account region to HK, which you probably know how to do already. Just go to my.nintendo.com and in your profile, change country to Hong Kong.

02.PNG

Then, this is the link to the SRWT page in the HK eshop.

超級機器人大戰T

超級機器人大戰T 人類前進外宇宙受挫,在衰退與妥協支配的世界中被捲入新的戰爭。 賭上人類和地球存在意義的戰鬥,結果會是……。

001.png

Afterwards, click the basket symbol to start with the purchase process.

002.png

003.png

004.png

005.png

006.png

007.png

008.png

From this point onwards, you may be redirected to your credit card bank verification system, or the purchase will just go through and a message will appear telling you that a eshop code has been sent to the e-mail associated with the My Nintendo account. Use google translator to see if the message is describing a problem with your card or that you got your game (on one occasion I thought that the message was describing a problem so I restarted the whole thing and bought a game twice, luckily a friend of mine was also interested on it).

The code will probably land on your spam folder, so give it some time (I had to wait some hours the first time).

Now, with the code in your possession, go to your Switch and access the eshop there. Everything will be in Chinese, but you just have to locate the DL code input screen and punch the symbols there to start downloading the game. And that's it.

Don't hesitate to ask and post screenshots if you encounter any problems.

Last edited:

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys know how I can redownload the first press DLC?

I have two Switches, my Lite which is the one I'm usually playing on, and the "ANIMAL CROSSING ONLY DON'T TOUCH" on the TV.
I'd like to play on my TV from time to time and transferring saves is simple enough but I can't find how to redownload content...

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda piggybacking on this topic while it's being used, does anyone have opinions on the best story in a SRW game for switch? I love Eva so I'm leaning more towards V, but is there a clear best one story-wise?

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda piggybacking on this topic while it's being used, does anyone have opinions on the best story in a SRW game for switch? I love Eva so I'm leaning more towards V, but is there a clear best one story-wise?
I only played V and T out of the last couple ones, but I did enjoy the story of V a bit more. The fact that I can remember more of V's story than T's story despite playing it far longer ago is a good indication.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Prefer V but honestly it's up to you.

V is a more of a scifi story while T is fantasy.

edit: oops my bad. X is the fantasy. T is closer to sci fi than fantasy.

Last edited:

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
I played V after T and definitely liked the later more. Setting, series... everything felt a good bit more "original" than V, which is very run-of-the-mill IMO.

Then again I might be biased by simple virtue that T was my first one in a good while following my SRW burnout during Z3-2... (I had played 11 or 12 SRWs in 5 years until that point lol).

Currently going through X, which I'm liking better than V atm but we'll see.