• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2017
Seriously, what a cool form! Aside from SS4 Gogeta, I don't think any iteration of Goku or Vegeta's transformations has surpassed the awesomeness and badassery of this amazing design. The hair, the eyes, the fur – they really struck gold with this design and brought things full circle by making the final Super Saiyan return to its Great Ape roots.

tumblr_p2uqnkOihy1s3x0eto1_540.jpg

Any ideas for how this form could be re-introduced into the canon of Dragonball, now that Super has retconned GT?

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
At most, an original character like Kale being a female Broly. But I doubt that will ever happen, Toriyama wants to get saiyans away from anything related to their Oozaru forms.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
It can (continue to) exist without being canon, just like Android 21.

People place far, far, far too much importance on what's canon and not...

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I've always thought all of the SSJ forms after 2 have been increasingly stupid. 3, 4, SS God, SS Blue, they all just look hilariously over-designed and silly. I don't see why Goku would grow red fur but keep black hair on his head, especially when his saiyan tail is brown.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed OP. SSJ4 is the coolest Saiyan transformation since the original Super Saiyan. I don't see why they can't use it as a higher level at some point.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's actually really stupid looking. The only thing stupider looking is SSJ3. That no eyebrow having motherfucker.

but SS4. Eyeliner, mullets and leather jeans just aren't in style anymore.

fc5c7925-20ac-408a-bg0u1w.jpeg

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would be cool if they brought it back for a filler episode and then you find out that it was all a dumb idea created by Goten or something and its never mentioned again.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's cooler than just Goku with blue hair but it'll probably never be used again outside of games.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
GT is just another time line. Canon doesn't matter lol, Super is changed so many thing from the original Z for the worst. GT can exist along side as just another time line.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Adjacent non-super saiyan form. Change the colour of the hair tho. A decent look ruined by a shit show tbh. Also Vegeta's SS4 would need a rework.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
I hate SSJ4. It is an ugly, garish transformation. The Golden Oozaru is the only thing related to SSJ4 that I like.

3c373a25b1931d46fdff47ea56b714e40f6ba573_hq.gif

Oct 25, 2017
SSJ4 is a product of its time in the worst way. I don't begrudge people for liking it because people can like what they want, I just don't get it.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its literally a hair shirt with an exposed chest. In no universe is that a good design.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like the tail coming back. I hated everything else about it, though.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's way better than the Blue pallette swap.

In Super, a lot of the Gods of Destruction are anthropromorphic animal designs. Foxes, cats, fish, elephants...

Those designs remind me of SSJ4. Seems more in line with what "God" level designs should be at that power.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I've always thought all of the SSJ forms after 2 have been increasingly stupid. 3, 4, SS God, SS Blue, they all just look hilariously over-designed and silly. I don't see why Goku would grow red fur but keep black hair on his head, especially when his saiyan tail is brown.

How is a hair color change over-designed?

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
thats a nice image of ss4 in the op, but they couldnt have bothered to make his pants the right color?

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I agree , its the only one that looks like a super saiyan , you know. I'm a fan of fullbody transformations and that works for me.

I dunno how you would do it at this point though? Maybe a mutation?

rambis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I liked SSJ4 better than any of the other color swaps thats for sure. It actually goes back to the root of what a Saiyan is. It makes since as an ultimate form.

Status
Not open for further replies.