• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Would Ridley finally become playable character?

• Yes!!

Votes: 294 40.9%
  • No!!

Votes: 135 18.8%
  • Enough with Ridley discussion

Votes: 290 40.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperBlank

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If I'm wrong I'll be thrilled, but I can't see F-Zero or Mother getting new characters atm. KI seems pretty unlikely as well.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Even though I like Hades more as a character, I'd honestly go with Medusa because she's still a legacy character as Pit and Palutena are, being the villain of the original Kid Icarus.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I personally prefer Medusa a lot over any of the other KI characters, mostly because she's the last part of the original trifecta, and I also just really dig her Uprising redesign, while I'm indifferent towards the Uprising characters.

Never underestimate Sakurai's ability to add his waifus to Smash Bros

Mmm, what a hot waifu:
Samurai_GorohSNES.PNG

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
In a shocking twist. Microsoft allows a character in Smash.

And it's Jago. (My Main in KI SNES so I'll take him)

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Samurai Goroh is such a loser that he was immediately replaced as rival/antagonist in the second game of an already story-lite series.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
It's Spring Man.

I don't understand how that's even a question outside of Twintelle's fandom getting ahead of themselves.

I mean, Twintelle has a great design to be sure, but Spring Man is the mascot. I say this more to avoid people getting upset down the road if we do get an ARMS character, because it'll be Spring Man.
To be fair, there is that one recent Facebook cover photo with Twintelle representing ARMS instead of Spring Man, but it's too soon to know if that's a sign of what's to come for the franchise or not. So yeah, it'll probably be Spring Man.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
I just realize how crazy it would be to have Simon's Up + B works as Swing so the item has to appear out of the air so the whip would connect to it and swing.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
I personally prefer Medusa a lot over any of the other KI characters, mostly because she's the last part of the original trifecta, and I also just really dig her Uprising redesign, while I'm indifferent towards the Uprising characters.

Mmm, what a hot waifu:
Samurai_GorohSNES.PNG

I just love how much of a loser Samurai Goroh is. He's not even really a samurai, is he? He just calls himself that because he thinks it's cool, even though it just makes him look like a huge weeb.

Feb 24, 2018
Still think Ryu is a more obvious choice for a 3rd party character given Tecmo Koei and Nintendo's recent history and being one of the formers most famous characters:
2287463-hayabusa.png

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just love how much of a loser Samurai Goroh is. He's not even really a samurai, is he? He just calls himself that because he thinks it's cool, even though it just makes him look like a huge weeb.

I'm not sure if it's the case in the anime, but in the main games, it does seem like he is an actual samurai. He's competent with his sword and in GX/AX he has a son who also is very good at it. He also seems to follow some sort of honor codex. So I don't think he just really likes samurai stuff lol. That said, it's never truly expanded upon.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if it's the case in the anime, but in the main games, it does seem like he is an actual samurai. He's competent with his sword and in GX/AX he has a son who also is very good at it. He also seems to follow some sort of honor codex. So I don't think he just really likes samurai stuff lol. That said, it's never truly expanded upon.

Really? The cutscenes he was in in F-Zero GX just made him seem like a punk to me.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
Porky, Medusa and Samurai Goroh?

I don't know who would vote for them in the Smash Ballot. Then again, there was a silent majority for Bayo I feel.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Really? The cutscenes he was in in F-Zero GX just made him seem like a punk to me.

The cutscenes in F-Zero GX in general are incredibly campy. GX also hams up Goroh's rivalry with Falcon quite a lot in the cutscenes. Here's the bio from his GX profile, though:
In outward appearance, Goroh is a bounty hunter just like Falcon, but in actuality, he is the boss of an intergalactic group of bandits with a terrible reputation. This group of cutthroats is said to use the Red Canyon for a hideout. Exactly what Goroh has plundered and extorted over the years is unknown. As a bounty hunter, he travels from planet to planet evaluating the value of possible spoils. He actually dreams of performing notorious deeds as a bounty hunter, but Falcon always seems to beat him to the punch in the newest and most profitable projects—Goroh is very bitter about this. He enters every Grand Prix without fail and is known as a rival of Falcon who will never stop trying to defeat him.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
My understanding was always that Samurai Goroh was just some Japanese guy, and he just plays up the imagery. Like how he's got the rising sun on his head.

Or maybe Samurai is just a common name in Japan, like with the Smash Bros director guy.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
GX literally had theme songs for every character that didn't even play outside of those cutscenes.

SEGA went all out and they should be applauded.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The end of the Smash invitational, everyone is expecting Ridley...

The lights go out, purple smoke fills the stage, here comes Ridley! It has to be.

Suddenly, cackling, snorting laughing, this starts playing on the loudspeaker

Era crashes

The end of the Smash invitational, everyone is expecting Ridley...

The lights go out, purple smoke fills the stage, here comes Ridley! It has to be.

Suddenly, cackling, snorting laughing, this starts playing on the loudspeaker

Era crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.