• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 4037

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
not surprising, we consolidated a lot of people into a single space. I dont think there were really that many demo areas, so I dont see it as an inordinate amount of hype

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Not that I don't believe there was a long line, but the video is 6 seconds long and doesn't show how long the line is. =/

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Not that I don't believe there was a long line, but the video is 6 seconds long and doesn't show how long the line is. =/
based on comments that describe the line as wrapping around the corner on the other end of the block shown in the video, and based on some sketchy Google Maps math, the line is (was) something like 250 feet long or longer

Epilogue

Alt account
Banned
Aug 20, 2018
User Warned - Thread Derailment
But why?

Its literally a remaster lol, an excellent one, but still a remaster.

Don't get me wrong, I'm buying a Switch in December for Pokemon and Smash. But its like me lining up to play Master Chief collection for a few minutes.

stalfos

Oct 27, 2017
I went to my local Best Buy demo for Smash 4 back when that happened and the line was fucking massive, and that was in a city with about 1/5 the population of NYC, so I'm not really surprised. Dunno how this one is set up but for ours there were only 2 or 3 demo stations IIRC so people were in line for a long-ass time

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
But why?

Don't get me wrong, I'm buying a Switch in December for Pokemon and Smash. But its like me lining up to play Master Chief collection for a few minutes.

It's literally not a remaster. It's literally a sequel. What the hell? Why is this still happening?

Deleted member 4037

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But why?

Its a new game, I mean just look at this
5JZqOUs.png

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
But why?

Wait, wasnt peope banned for this after e3 because its considered a factual lie?

And no mate, this game is not a remaster.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Smash wll be my most played game of the generation by like 100 hours to whatever comes in 2nd, but I would never do that lol.

not like it's a new IP or some crazy new mind altering gameplay feature.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
But why?

Nah having all the previous characters doesn't equal a port or remaster

Epilogue

Alt account
Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Nah having all the previous characters doesn't equal a port or remaster

Thats true. When I said excellent, thats what I was implying, the calumniation of all the maps and characters. Maybe I'm just underestimating that appeal. I sold my Wii U early on and played very little of smash on Wii, so its all new for me regardless.

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
Smash Sales:
Super Smash Bros. Wii U - 5.34
Super Smash Bros. 3DS - 9.30
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 13.27
Super Smash Bros. Melee - 7.40
Super Smash Bros. 64 - 5.50

Anyone think they can hit 15 million this time?

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
Best Selling Fighting game
Fastest selling Nintendo exclusive

Whats the fastest selling exclusive period?

Smash Sales:
Super Smash Bros. Wii U - 5.34
Super Smash Bros. 3DS - 9.30
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 13.27
Super Smash Bros. Melee - 7.40
Super Smash Bros. 64 - 5.50

Anyone think they can hit 15 million this time?
Easily, Nintendo's core franchises have been debuting really well on Switch.