• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LucidMomentum

Nov 18, 2017
So I don't know how much people believed this leak but this is now an official pro-controller design from here- https://smashbros.nintendo.com/buy/

GHfIKoR.png

Which looks like a fairly similar design to the joycons. Same exact color scheme. That kind of suggests this leak was real and those are going to be real joycons.

And they will be mine.

Simple and Clean.

Looks good.

Holy shit. That steelbook.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really interested in the joycons or dock. Already got atomic purple joycons and I've got a cute Donkey Kong sock/cover on my dock so that would get covered anyway.

However that special edition with the pro controller and the steelbook, I can get into that. No retailers yet?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 30, 2017
I don't give a shit about the GC controller or special edition pro, but I would pay a ridiculous amount of money for some kind of included art book, which encompasses all characters, their histories, games they showed up in, etc. that would be fucking amazing.

gappvembe

Oct 27, 2017
Doing the math minus tax for Best Buy Gamer's Club Unlocked....
Limited: $112 for game plus controller + Steelbook Case
Regular: $128 = $48 for game + $75 for controller (No discount) - Steelbook Case

So if you need another pro controller and/or really want the Steelbook Case. Getting the bundle saves you ~$16.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Oh. I forgot it was $75 for the controller.

... Ok, that's what I needed to hear to save my wallet.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
Shouldn't the Ultimate Bundle come with all the consoles, N64 onwards? This is false advertising Sakurai San. Believe me, I'm an expert.

R.D.Blax

Oct 26, 2017
I don't give a shit about the GC controller or special edition pro, but I would pay a ridiculous amount of money for some kind of included art book, which encompasses all characters, their histories, games they showed up in, etc. that would be fucking amazing.

Better to do a full fledged artbook for that, too bad they can't do this because it would be a licensing nightmare.

VinylCassette64

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
If the bundle is real and was released in the US, I'd probably consider picking it up if it has Smash on a cartridge. Not really a fan of consoles with pack-in games only having the games pre-installed on the console nowadays (esp. considering the Switch's low internal storage as it is). Kinda bummed me out when I found out that was the case with my Wii U bundle (which had Mario 3D World + Nintendoland).

I mean, I buy the economical argument that it's likely much cheaper to pre-install it on the console than actually find space to squeeze in a physical version of the game (or create an alternative packaging design); but that's just how I feel.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
So I don't know how much people believed this leak but this is now an official pro-controller design from here- https://smashbros.nintendo.com/buy/

GHfIKoR.png

Which looks like a fairly similar design to the joycons. Same exact color scheme. That kind of suggests this leak was real and those are going to be real joycons.

And they will be mine.

Sooooo...real right? No thread up?

I've been waiting for my second Pro controller and was hoping Smash would bring the goods.

This better be real and I need this if so!!!

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017