• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I'm honestly kinda surprised they would do a Smash bundle at launch. I thought that it wasn't ideal to bundle the system with a game that most customers are planning to get anyway. I didn't expect a Smash bundle until next summer or winter, once all the initial sales were out of the way.

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
Is that Sora, Donald, Goofy?

I'm honestly kinda surprised they would do a Smash bundle at launch. I thought that it wasn't ideal to bundle the system with a game that most customers are planning to get anyway. I didn't expect a Smash bundle until next summer or winter, once all the initial sales were out of the way.
It'll probably be no discount

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
The dock looks too ugly to be real (then again, why fake something so weird?). They did make that hideous wood-style Switch too...

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
So, since no else seems to have taken the initiative, I actually did go and identify all of the renders on that tiny ass box:
7zuNLFo.png

Surprise surprise, it's nobody new. In fact, it's all characters from the initially-released key art. You know, the one that's the box art? Which makes sense for this type of bundle.
As for the characters on the dock, I'm not even gonna try, lol. You can clearly identify Kirby and Mario on the left column, but anyone beyond that is just way too small for me to see.

Notice that some of the characters are re-positioned from the released wallpaper. This is also common with promo materials, and lends some legitimacy to the image, since I don't think any transparencies of the 2D artworks have been released (the 3D renders are another story).

But there is one odd thing about this "leaked" image. Did you notice it too?
Why would a retail terminal be running an unactivated copy of Windows? Or, maybe this screencap is from the home laptop of the actual graphic designer for the French retail outlet who is putting together this ad. But they're running a pirated copy of Windows? I mean, from very minor past experience I guess it's true enough that freelance graphic design work pays like shit, lol. And Windows sure ain't cheap.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Why do leaks always have the worst image quality imaginable...

But, a Smash bundle would make sense and I hope they do it. It's what will get me on board for a Switch.

Nitpicker_Red

Nov 3, 2017
All sources links back to a (french) jeuxvideo.com forum post but the thread has been deleted and I cannot find any archive (even by removing the "m" for mobile).
http://m.jeuxvideo.com/forums/42-3007199-57405152-1-0-1-0-switch-edition-smatch-bros.htm was the link shared (yes, the site uses .htm as extension)

The reddit thread say it was about a mall set-up,another reader discussing the thread said it was a Carrefour (french Hypermarket chain) listing. On 4chan, they mention that the 0€ price is for pre-orders. And apparently there was a second image on the thread:
http://www.noelshack.com/2018-34-5-1535143521-20180824-144800.jpg (noelshack is a typical image host of JVC)
Rehosted:
1535143521_20180824_144800.jpg

Last edited:

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
So I don't know how much people believed this leak but this is now an official pro-controller design from here- https://smashbros.nintendo.com/buy/

GHfIKoR.png

Which looks like a fairly similar design to the joycons. Same exact color scheme. That kind of suggests this leak was real and those are going to be real joycons.

And they will be mine.

Last edited: