• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017

From the game files:

unknown.png

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
That would make only Break the Target / Target Blast missing to truly make this game Ultimate.
I hope the Stage Builder won't be bad.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
cool, can't wait to play homerun contest a few times with yoshi to unlock the few things associated with it, then never touch it again

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Yeesssss! When it comes out, THEN I'll have absolutely no doubt about this being my favourite Smash. I can understand a reworked stage builder taking some time to build, but there's no reason why Homerun contest had to be cut.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I can't really get excited over the prospect of a stage builder at this point, both of Smash's previous two attempts at it were pretty lame.

Nice to see Homerun Contest again, I guess.

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Good. Would give the game a bit more life for me especially if stages can be shared online again.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cool, but I'd still really like a proper All Star mode and boss rush too

Also smash run and coin battles

But take your time Sakurai, don't come into work with an IV if that's what it takes

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Sweet a stage builder! I didn't dabble too much on it back with Brawl but I had fun with it! Can't wait!

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yessssss

I want more random activity type modes like Home Run Derby, but a bunch of new ones

elektrixx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I like Home Run Contest. I spent a very long time getting a great score with Ganon in Melee.

I'd like an announcer pack where the guy from the first game comes back along with more modes. I wanna hear an extremely loud "BOARD THE PLATFORMS" announcement in Ultimate.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
At last, we can get Mega Man music back out of Wily Castle.

If true I hope stage builder is more expanding on Brawl style and not on WiiU

Byakura

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
never really cared for stage builder, but homerun contest fuck yes! Now we just need break the targets back

Apr 21, 2018
I really Hope Home Run Contests comes with leaderboards and if a man can dream, online replays (similar to Tropical Freeze). I feel like this would give the sub-game an entirely new life.

Really happy that they are expanding the content beyond just new fighters. I like my modes and mini-games!

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for Target Test Maker because I know people are going to make it incredible hard and I'm okay with that!

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Target test maker sounds like the perfect middleground. Save resources (sorta) and just let the community make unique levels :D

If that as well as a boss rush mode was implemented, then this will truly be the ultimate Smash.

twothunder

Feb 10, 2018
can only hope stage builder will have enough options for interesting stages and Target Test Maker would be nice to see

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Steve is DLC but he doesn't actually have a stage, you have to build it yourself.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
If they ever make a new mini-game, it should be the Master Hand stage to see how many you can kill before you die.