• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
tFGCqaV.jpg

Version 1.1.0. No patch notes yet.

If you bought the digital version you must update manually through the menu.

Unofficial changelog:

• Added Pikachu and Eevee Spirits from Let's Go.
  • Added Mario Party Spirits.
  • No new modes.

Last edited:

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Oh so we can download this now and not have to apply it when the game comes out?! Cool!

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
We're not getting patch notes. From Nintendo's perspective the game isn't out yet and it would make no sense to clarify what changed from the pirates' version.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
So 14GB total. The game can still get an updated cart with this patch included in the future.

Very good.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
This is nice because if I want to unlock the game at whatever time they want to do that, I won't have to download a whole patch along with it.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
So 14GB total. The game can still get an updated cart with this patch included in the future.

Very good.
You forget the game will get more patches as there's Piranha Plant and 5 DLC characters coming (music and stages as well), plus who knows what else they'll be adding.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible to pre-load patches if you are buying physical? I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but maybe someone can correct me.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
You forget the game will get more patches as there's Piranha Plant and 5 DLC characters coming (music and stages as well), plus who knows what else they'll be adding.
Yeah I know. At least it should get this update on a future run.

I'll take what I can get lmao.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
if you somehow have the cartridge, yes. otherwise, no.

My cartridge will probably arrive on Friday, so I guess I'll have to deal with the patch once I have the game. Thanks for the answer!

As someone who doesn't follow Smash news....I thought all characters and stages were included in Ultimate. I take it this one isn't included for some reason?

All of the characters are included. 103 total stages are included, which does not include every stage but includes the vast majority. Off the top of my head, it seems they cut some of the traveling stages with heavy platforming, ones that lost functionality (like Miiverse), ones that are similar to later stages in the series, and perhaps ones incompatible with Ultimate's features such as Stage Morph (this last point was inspired by a YouTube comment I read on this video).

The video I linked there lists every stage cut. Despite the commentary of the video, I'm pretty sure no additional stages were announced after that point. That would mean that 15 stages were cut.

Last edited:

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who doesn't follow Smash news....I thought all characters and stages were included in Ultimate. I take it this one isn't included for some reason?
Out of the, like, 120 total stages in the series, 103 of them are in Ultimate. It's a very small list of non-returning stages