• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it would be cool to have a thread about this where it was specifically dedicated into making predictions for the DLC chracters in Smash Bros. If you all would like to leave this type of discussion to other threads though, by all means lock this one up.

Anyways, for me I my top two guesses would be Banjo Kazooie, and Raymon or a Rabbid. Phil Spencer has already said twice that he is ok with Banjo being in Smash, so it really is up to nintendo to make it happen. Rayman and a Rabbid is specifically because the recent partnership with Ubisoft and Nintendo. Cloud (Square Enix), Bayonetta (Sega), and Ryuu (Capcom) all made it in through DLC, so it certainly could be a possibility for third party characters to make it in.

I also think it would be cool for Dante from Devil May Cry to make it, though I have no logical reason to believe this will happen.

So my predictions will be

1. Banjo kazooie
2. Rayman or Rabbid
3. Dante from Devil May Cry
4. Waluigi ( I mean the internet has been screaming for him)
5. A Sonic Character

So how about you all? What is your predictions. Have fun with it!

Tracker_TD

Oct 25, 2017
Arle from Puyo Puyo.
Would make for a really unique moveset (and they could pull from the Madou Monogatari RPG series), is from SEGA's 2nd biggest series (thanks, financials!), is back in the west now (Puyo eSports looks likely to be localised too), would give us a puzzle rep besides Dr Mario, and has over 25 years of games backing her up - IIRC the original Puyo actually debuted on the Famicom, too.

DXB-KNIGHT

Oct 27, 2017
1. Elma
2. Dragon Quest or Chrono Trigger rep
3. Ryu (Ninja Gaiden)
4. Lighting
5. SMT or Persona rep

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
  1. SNK rep. SNK still has no representation which is kind of weird for that company
  2. Zant, Zelda
  3. Another F-Zero character
  4. Kammy, Yoshi
  5. Fulgore, Killer Insrinct

Oct 25, 2017
1.Sora because of rumors of new SE rep
2.Steve because of minecraft rumors
3.Banjo Kazooie, rumors of his inclusion and popular ballot vote
4.Lloyd most popular Tales rep and 2nd Namco rep
5.Doomguy/Doom Slayer because iconic FPS representative

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
  1. Geno or a Dragon Quest rep (as per the Square Enix rep rumors)
  2. Steve (as per the Minecraft representation rumors)
  3. Monster Hunter
  4. Octoling (as a semi-clone, not an echo)
  5. Edelgard or Byleth

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Personally, I don't think they are all going to be 3rd Party characters, as that's not very realistic. It'll be more Nintendo than 3rd Party. Especially if this is only the first fighters pack and they have more season passes going forward. Also Nintendo's recent comment about DLC and supporting their games for a long time.

I like to keep it realistic so as much as I want Sora, he's not very realistic or characters like Banjo. But I guess I would say,

Geno, Dragon Quest character, or Sephiroth, probably Geno as he's not an AT and he's fan favorite.
Tekken character like Heihachi with Jin as echo, makes the most sense when you have both Ryu/Ken, and he's not an AT yet he was a Mii fighter costume last game. + Namco needs another character aside Pac-man. SF vs Tekken makes too much sense and needs to happen as that's iconic to the fighting genre.
A character from the new Fire Emblem to promote the new FE because it's going to happen
Xenoblade Chronicles X character like Elma because XcX representation was nowhere to be seen whatsoever, which is odd
Ryu from Ninja Gaiden because he's iconic and it's a KT rep, so it'll be a new 3rd Party company entering or new Pokémon Gen 8 to promote the new Pokémon because that just makes sense

Last edited:

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
It's not going to be any of the characters you're dreaming of, lol.

There will 100% be a character from the new Fire Emblem, and probably a new Xenoblade rep. Possibly even a Gen 8 Pokemon around the launch of the new game. After all, Smash Bros is, first and foremost, a marketing tool.

Jan 29, 2018
Who/what is Elma? Google doesn't really help without context.

I'm assuming we'll get the protagonist of the next Fire Emblem and a Square character.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
It's not going to be any of the characters you're dreaming of, lol.

There will 100% be a character from the new Fire Emblem, and probably a new Xenoblade rep. Possibly even a Gen 8 Pokemon around the launch of the new game. After all, Smash Bros is, first and foremost, a marketing tool.

Exactly.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Here's my best guesses.

1. [Banjo-Kazooie/Spiral Mountain Stage/Music from BK] (Microsoft rep. Will likely include some extra Minecraft stuff like Spirits and Mii Costumes)
2. [Sora/Twilight Town Stage/Music from KH] (Square rep. I can see them adding a bunch of KH/FF-related Spirits and some more music from FFVII)
3. [Tales Of Character/Stage/Music] (Bamco rep. I don't really have a preference for the character but Lloyd or Yuri are the most likely candidates)
4. [Geno/Mario RPG Stage/Mario RPG Music] (Square/Nintendo rep. He was only seen as a player icon in the Direct so this is no deconfirmation yet)
5. [Nintendo Character from Unreleased Game/Stage/Music] (Nintendo rep. This could be anything and can fit in between 3rd party reps getting in)

Based most of this on who I think is most likely to get in based on previous Sakurai statements in regards to Geno, my own desires, and the fact that Vergeben has maintained in the weeks before yesterday's Direct that a Square rep is in possibly as DLC and some Minecraft content will exist in the game.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Banjo
DQ Rep (8 id guess. or a slime)
Waluigi

the rest will be more shit FE characters.

Kyonashi

Oct 24, 2017
UK
My personal choices would be:
  • Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
  • Jack Frost (Shin Megami Tensei)
  • Tetromino (Tetris)
  • Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
  • Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven/Paradise)

Tetromino I kind of imagine as a man made of blocks, a bit like Ciao the football mascot, using blocks from his body for different attacks (replace the ball head with a 2x2 block):
Ciao-WorldCup.jpg

Of the other rumoured characters though I do think it would be cute (and likely) to see Banjo & Kazooie in. Crono too.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Here's what I'm thinking

1. A Xenoblade rep (Elma, or Rex & Pyra/Mythra, or Lora & Jin)
2. A SMT/Persona rep (Jack Frost or Joker from P5 with Jack Frost as one of his Personas)
3. Min Min from Arms
4. Fire Emblem: Three Houses rep (Edlegard or one of the other Lords)
5. A Square Enix character (Geno or Sora, maybe Neku at a push)

Crazyorloco

Dec 12, 2017
My dreams:

Sora
Twintelle
Steve
Tetris piece
Master hand

From the above I think Steve and Twintelle have the biggest chance of making it. But with nintendo we just never know - and I love that. Bring on the surprises.

I actually don't really mind what gets in. I'm pretty content with the 74 characters we have now.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still hope Rex gets in somehow.

For ARMS I'd love Twintelle but I'm not confident.

Sora or Travis Touchdown would be awesome.

And from the main thread...
2f.png

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
1) Doomguy with echo B.J. Blazkowicz
2) Elma
3) Fortnite Skins
4) Twintelle
5) Crash Bandicoot

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As per Vergeben and Nintendo saying they wanted to use Smash as a platform to advertise other games.

1) Sora, DQ Slime/Erdrick, Sephiroth, Geno (Vergeben Square Enix rep)
2) Steve/Creeper (Vergeben Minecraft rep)
3) Elma (Potential Xenoblade X port/sequel)
4) Jack Frost (Shin Megami Tensei game coming up)
5) Monster Hunter / Palico (to coincide having a freaking Rathalos in but nothing else)

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
My guess:

Next Nintendo Direct will be in January.
Sora gets announced as Smash DLC fighter to coincide with the release of Kingdom Hearts III.

Oscarzx n

May 24, 2018
Santiago, Chile
Considering they have to add music and a stage, a secondary character from a already present series in Smash I think it's extremely unlikely, I'm pretty sure Rex and Geno still have high chances to be there. Nintendo also can do a Roy/Corrin in the west and add a character from Fire Emblem 3 Houses or a gen 8 Pokémon, probably most will be mad but, I honestly can see them doing it again. Also they can add Twintelle.

Third Party characters it's more complicated, I guess Rayman has high chances because of the good relationship between Nintendo and Ubisoft, but aside from that, all it's just a maybe (maybe Phoenx Wrght, a character from Octopath, Travis, Ryu Hayabusa, Crash.....).

At the end my guess it's:
-Rex
-Geno
-Twintelle
-Rayman
-Another third party character or a new character from a 2019/2020 game.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Season 1:
Geno
Chorus Kids
Banjo
Elma
Travis Touchdown

Season 2:
Twintelle
Sora
Wonder Red
Phoenix Wright
Excitebiker

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
What I would want, but wont get.

Arthur or Firebrand (GnG/ Gargoyles quest/ Demon's Crest rep)
Geno (SMRPG rep)
Thomas (Kung-Fu rep)
Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden rep)
Mike (Star Tropics rep)

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon from Gen 8
Nintendo character
Japanese 3rd party from new company
Western 3rd party
Indie character

Nov 18, 2017
Crash
Octoling
Steve from Minecraft
Fortnite dude
Twintelle or Mechanica
Leon from Resident Evil
Hollow Knight
Viewtiful Joe
Heard someone say Overwatch if it gets ported and that would be a good shout.

and Zool (Amiga).

Soralight8

Oct 25, 2017
i get the reason to put geno or dq but man it hard to see sakurai pass on sora when he knows he can get the most money from sora

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
1: Banjo
2: Sora/ DQ heroe
3: Geno
4: Dixie
5: Lloyd Irving

Would replace them all for Kazuma

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Waluigi
  2. Geno from Mario RPG
  3. Knuckles
  4. Sephiroth
  5. Ryu Hayabusa
Nintendo is well aware of the loud fandom that occurred for Waluigi and Geno. Geno even had a Mii outfit same as Lloyd Irving. Lloyd fell off fan radar heavily so I doubt it'll make it but Geno...I think might.
Knuckles and Sephiroth are mainly just popular counterpart reps from companies they already have cameos from. Ryu Hayabusa is mainly a nod to Ninja Gaiden on NES being a hit as well as just me feeling that after all the Koei working together with them moments (pokemon conquest outta nowhere) that they may be due a rep soon. Given their histories Ryu Hayabusa fits better than their actual poster boy Zhao Yun (who would be amazing).

Who I WISH would make it is a different list though.
If I had my way i'd get...
  • Skull kid
  • Zenith from Culdcept (shutup. game series is legendary overseas and has been in smash for ages)
  • Midna
  • Krystal from Star Fox
  • Twintelle
Honestly that last one is because I want a playable ARMS rep given how good the moveset would be for my playstyle in Smash and I see her as the most popular by far in the series. Would also be down for Mach Rider, Excitebike dudes, Shantae, Shovelknight, Undertale, Rhythm Heaven trio, Ashley, Starfy, Prince Fluff or any number of other odd crossover or odd characters.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really just Loto though I doubt itll happen as dlc.