• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Hey, Mario's breakdance Down Smash was retroactively changed from a Super Mario 64 reference to a DDR Mario Mix reference.

He's our real rhythm rep.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Despite popular opinion, Waluigi is just a random boss in DDR iirc

The songs they picked to remix in DDR were ace though. Greenhorn Forest and Ms Mowz's theme. When else would these themes have been remixed?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Only game that Waluigi actually ended up being a main villain.
Waluigi should've been the main villain, but he's just the goof that sets the "plot" into motion and acts as the World 1 boss.

Where did Waluigi supporters went? They could have supper this title.
I guess i've joined the dark side by becoming a Waluigi support now, since i've been posting about his Smash Flash 2 appearance for the past few days.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Tom Nook:
*Invests large amounts of capital in creating houses that Villager could never afford to begin with*
*Lends Villager the money interest-free to get started*
*Accepts repayment on any timescale while Villager moves into a new town and becomes productive*
*Strictly improves the life of Villager, who without Tom Nook would be homeless and penniless*
*Is basically the perfect example of how an efficient financial system can improve the lives of everyone"

Millennials: "Lmao look at this evil capitalist hehehehehehe, Tom Nook is a loan shark xDDDDDDDDDDD"

This is why this entire generation is poor.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tom Nook:
*Invests large amounts of capital in creating houses that Villager could never afford to begin with*
*Accepts repayment on any timescale while Villager moves into a new town and becomes productive*
*Strictly improves the life of Villager, who without Tom Nook would be homeless and penniless*
*Is basically the perfect example of how an efficient financial system can improve the lives of everyone"

Millennials: "Lmao look at this evil capitalist hehehehehehe, Tom Nook is a loan shark xDDDDDDDDDDD"

It's not a video game joke if everyone doesn't run it into the ground.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Tom Nook:

Happy Home Designer is the best for establishing this important Tom Nook lore:

CRNpXzAUcAA03V.jpg
CRNpiNZUkAAorWh.jpg

CRNqANzUsAAR9O6.jpg

Tom Nook is a true saint.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd post Racist Mario but I'm not that heartless.

And I'd probably get banned knowing I deserved it.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No mod has stepped foot in these threads since like DT3.

I'm pretty sure we're all alone in here, like unsupervised children just running wild.

*checks notes*

The last guy to get banned in this thread was lactating duck, during his legendary attempt at making the same "you have an anime avatar lmao" joke 20 times.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
*checks notes*

The last guy to get banned in this thread was lactating duck, during his legendary attempt at making the same "you have an anime avatar lmao" joke 20 times.
I already forgot about that whole thing; good times.

Really distracts you from the endless void of nothingness we're currently stuck in.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
If Dragon Quest got an Assist Trophy, would they pick a random party member like Alena, Torneko, Jade or Sylvando, or would they go with a monster like Green Dragon, Metal King Slime or Golem? Or one of the bosses, like Estark, Zoma, Mordegon, Calasmos or Malroth?

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
If Dragon Quest got an Assist Trophy, would they pick a random party member like Alena, Torneko, Jade or Sylvando, or would they go with a monster like Green Dragon, Metal King Slime or Golem? Or one of the bosses, like Estark, Zoma, Mordegon, Calasmos or Malroth?
I'd do Madason, personally. He shows up and summons a random monster from a select group.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Zoma gets rid of all buffs (mushrooms, WarioWare buffs, stars, Franklin badge, etc) and freezes the stage. Since there's no sphere of light to stop him, he's entirely invincible and actually attacks from behind the stage

He could probably just be a png, I don't think he'd need to actually animate

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
It's a shame that the DLC characters miss out on getting Assist Trophies to really intergrate them into the base game.

Of course, Dragon Quest is the exception here, because it certainly feels more at home than Square Enix's other franchise.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Golem seems perfect for Smash. I could see it marching around the stage perfectly in my head lol

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame that the DLC characters miss out on getting Assist Trophies to really intergrate them into the base game.

Of course, Dragon Quest is the exception here, because it feels more at home than Square Enix's other franchise.

Sephiroth should be an assist trophy so we can see this cutscene everytime we summons him from the trophy case.

Xn3ruOM.gif

without it being speed up and stay faithfully to the FF7 cutscene.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pikmin 3 is definitely grinding my gears. I'm not really great with dealing with permanent consequence in games to begin with so the idea that going left instead of right with the wrong amount of Pikmin will screw me over while the tantalizing restart option hangs in the main menu is definitely a bad combo.

Might drop it unless someone makes some particularly hot takes wrt its quality.

EDIT: I got frustrated and dropped it so I could play a game about Kirby and drawing rainbows, because I am a baby.

Last edited:

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Bold words, but will anyone put their money where their mouth is in our active avatar bet?

When will the next Smash DLC character be revealed?
The terms are just a week with the new avatar since the joke is rarely funny after that. I'll make the avatar if team E3 wins and one of the winners can make it if Before E3 does:

#TeamBeforeE3
Xwing

#TeamE3
Odeko
TheGamingNewsGuy

If somehow E3 comes and goes and it still hasn't happened, then we're all clowns and we all lose.
I would but I'm pretty sure I'm boned by the Sonic movie vs Detective Pikachu bet.
Pikmin 3 is definitely grinding my gears. I'm not really great with dealing with permanent consequence in games to begin with so the idea that going left instead of right with the wrong amount of Pikmin will screw me over while the tantalizing restart option hangs in the main menu is definitely a bad combo.

Might drop it unless someone makes some particularly hot takes wrt its quality.

EDIT: I got frustrated and dropped it so I could play a game about Kirby and drawing rainbows, because I am a baby.
You drop games almost as fast as you drop hot takes.
jk. I'm only half-serious.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Bold words, but will anyone put their money where their mouth is in our active avatar bet?

When will the next Smash DLC character be revealed?
The terms are just a week with the new avatar since the joke is rarely funny after that. I'll make the avatar if team E3 wins and one of the winners can make it if Before E3 does:

#TeamBeforeE3
Xwing

#TeamE3
Odeko
TheGamingNewsGuy

If somehow E3 comes and goes and it still hasn't happened, then we're all clowns and we all lose.
#TeamBeforeE3

I could not see the reveal being in a February Direct but it may just be in March.

Status
Not open for further replies.