• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Its been janky like that ever since Yoshi's Z-axis grab, which weirdly enough is fixed by Flat Zone.
JuOKm5E.jpg
Well, damn. Makes sense, though.

Wow, Sakurai has been preparing for Heihachi for decades now!
they've been planning for him for two decades
Sakurai's most favorite franchise was Tekken all along.

(RIP my joke.)

Mar 9, 2018
The Broodals from Mario Odyssey; they had a ton of scrapped designs (most of which being better than the final rabbit designs).

EDIT: Personally, I really like the Koopa designs posted already, and this group:

f76bdeef995967c34bc82247324f5437d1a26a5c.jpg

They really emphasise Nintendo's design philosophy; even before the designs were finalised, the main gameplay gimmick of each boss was already conceptualised.
Woah! Never seen this. A Rocky Wrench before they were all transformed into Monty Moles!

And a 2-faced pirahna plant???? Interesting.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Hey gang. What is the usual time (unless there isn't one) for new spirits to arrive on the Spirit Board, such as the new Cuphead ones?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Whew, my Switch just randomly crashed when opening the Switch news feed and my heart started pounding. It's fine though.

Manually backing up my Smash save as we speak...

EDIT: Oh wow, they actually use Floral Fury for the Cuphead spirits; and the Mii Costume for the Cuphead and Mugman battles too! Thought they showed something different on Twitter though; maybe the battles are different if you own the DLC? That'd be something new.

Last edited:

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Just putting it out there.

Don't know who this "fatmanonice" guy is and if he's claiming that I'm in "his circle", he's full of shit.

I literally know nothing about him.

Last edited:

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Just putting out it there.

Don't know who this "fatmanonice" guy is and if he's claiming that I'm in "his circle", he's full of shit.

He's a guy pretending to be a leaker on SmashBoards that's hung out in Sabi's circle a lot.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
Just putting out it there.

You made me curious what his claims were.

Crash is happening because Activision uploaded a document to one of their own websites. But no one has it or is sharing it because of fear of repercussions and people losing their jobs. And then something about indie costumes and Hollow Knight and Kris leaked? I don't know who the hell Kris is supposed to be. Then I saw something about Gooigi happening somehow as a costume?

Yeah good call to disassociate there.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia

Crash is happening because Activision uploaded a document to one of their own websites. But no one has it or is sharing it because of fear of repercussions and people losing their jobs. And then something about indie costumes and Hollow Knight and Kris leaked? I don't know who the hell Kris is supposed to be. Then I saw something about Gooigi happening somehow as a costume?

Kris is the Deltarune protagonist.

For context; in January, he posted a big ol' list of characters that are supposed to be Mii Costumes (trust me, it isn't worth looking up; plenty of dumb stuff like Ms. Pac Man and Edelgard/Dimitri/Claude, who are supposed to be coming in some wave after Byleth I guess? nonsensical).

Last edited:

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017

Wait. These are things somebody said?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Oh, the funniest claim from Fatmanonice post-Byleth is that "his circle" totally "knew" about a Three Houses stage and spirits coming for awhile, but didn't think it was worth mentioning publicly.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Got bored and decided to see the number of comments based on the new DLC announcement threads for Sm4sh and SmUsh. Going by most replies to least:

Byleth(3538)
Cloud(3420)
Joker(2671)
Bayonetta(2510)
Banjo & Kazooie(1154)
Terry Bogard(1068)
Corrin(972)
Ryu(619)
Hero(437)

The Byleth salt was real.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Heh, look at these four losers who will never be playable in Smash

0aGC1Je.png

Oh, whoops, wrong picture. Let me fix that. this joke was going to be much more mean to certain characters, but i'm playing it safe with the manga character potshot.

Anyway, i've been playing a bit of the Super Smash Flash 2 update that released today; Waluigi and Rayman are surprisingly fun.

Deleted member 32135

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
After five entries, I am starting to enjoy Samus. I usually like the quick movement character with quick jumps and combo flow possibilities (I main Inkling)... but after watching QuiK's Samus and seeing how many tools she has and how they can 1-2 combo between them I got into the character more and more. I love how you need to play her really careful since the end lag to many of her best moves is pretty big (where with Inkling you can go wilder), but if you play your cards right the pay off can be a pleasure.

She has a BIIIG damage output and a many of kill options (which is a problem with Inkling, where is harder to kill a character after the 130%-140% because your combos stop working) and her game plan seems like fighting a Metroid boss with how you need to cope with the charging shot, the bombs and the the missiles to fing and opening and going all out for the forward air, the dash attack or the grab. It's really different to what I am used to as my favourite characters but I like her a lot.

Last edited:

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Kris is the Deltarune protagonist.

For context; in January, he posted a big ol' list of characters that are supposed to be Mii Costumes (trust me, it isn't worth looking up; plenty of dumb stuff like Ms. Pac Man and Edelgard/Dimitri/Claude, who are supposed to be coming in some wave after Byleth I guess? nonsensical).
Maybe the lords costumes were cut and replaced with Team Rocket grunts

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Heh, look at these four losers who will never be playable in Smash

0aGC1Je.png

Oh, whoops, wrong picture. Let me fix that. this joke was going to be much more mean to certain characters, but i'm playing it safe with the manga character potshot.

Anyway, i've been playing a bit of the Super Smash Flash 2 update that released today; Waluigi and Rayman are surprisingly fun.
I gotta be honest, Chibi-Robo loses a lot of his appeal if he's not chibi anymore.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Whew, my Switch just randomly crashed when opening the Switch news feed and my heart started pounding. It's fine though.

Manually backing up my Smash save as we speak...

EDIT: Oh wow, they actually use Floral Fury for the Cuphead spirits; and the Mii Costume for the Cuphead and Mugman battles too! Thought they showed something different on Twitter though; maybe the battles are different if you own the DLC? That'd be something new.
Having different battles whether you own the DLC or not would be a great solution

They originally showed Cuphead and Mugman being represented by different colored Mega Mans

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
That must be the case cos I don't have the DLC so I just had Mega Mans (Mega Men?) and base game music.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
Now I really want them to go back and do Spirits for the other Mii Costumes that don't have any.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Now I really want them to go back and do Spirits for the other Mii Costumes that don't have any.

In our ultimate Mii Future, every Spirit has a costume available for 75¢. Yes, even that one that you're thinking of that couldn't possibly work. Somehow they do it.

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know much about Splatoon but, can someone confirm if both Agent 3 and 8 are canonically female ?
They seem to be paired together today in a Twitter post.

I know we don,t have an official Agent 3 Skin but if we could get and Echo with Agent 8 as the main skin this could be our first 100% Lesbian/Gay Rep.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
I don't know much about Splatoon but, can someone confirm if both Agent 3 and 8 are canonically female ?

I know we don,t have an official Agent 3 Skin but if we could get and Echo with Agent 8 as the main skin this could be our first 100% Lesbian/Gay Rep.
None of the Splatoon player characters have a canon gender. Promo art uses whichever gender they want - female Agent 3 and male Agent 8 were used in the Valentine's art, for instance, but male Agent 3 and female Agent 8 were used in the art made for the first anniversary.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I know this barely tangentially Smash related, but I just felt compelled to share it.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
So if you bought the Cuphead Mii Costume, the Cuphead and Mugman Spirit battles feature a Mii Gunner instead of Megaman. Also, all the Cuphead spirits have Floral Fury as the BGM.

Did this also happen with the Ryo Sakazaki spirit fight? I didn't buy that costume.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

They are canonically female, all the playable Agents are.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Went to do the Cuphead spirits and got one of the River City Ransom spirits normally on the board. Yet still no Sword/Shield ones. What the fuck. >:(

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
Went to do the Cuphead spirits and got one of the River City Ransom spirits normally on the board. Yet still no Sword/Shield ones. What the fuck. >:(
Did you do the River City ones when the event was active? Event Spirits you have can show up normally before Nintendo unlocks them for people who missed the event.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Since we're a long way away from our next major patch, we probably should have an update eventually just to add this pretty large and growing backlog of event spirits to the normal rotation

I'm actually not even sure if doing that even requires a client update

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018

No canon gender. Splatoon 2 even gave a choice for Agent 3 when they really didn't have to.

That said, the art you mentioned used male Agent 8 so I'm not sure it would count anyway?

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
If Agent 3+8 is canon, then technically all possible gender variations would also be valid, I assume?

That would seem right. It's not like they're going to put their foot down and say only FEMALE 3 and MALE 8 are in a relationship

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
tbh, I would have went with the Wrecking Crew Medley (Ultimate) for Dice King whether you owned the DLC or not

I just feel like Floral Fury doesn't necessarily fit all the battles, probably just Cuphead and Mugman. It'd add some variation as well.

The Devil probably could have had Jungle Level (Jazz Style)

What do the matches use without the DLC?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
No canon gender. Splatoon 2 even gave a choice for Agent 3 when they really didn't have to.

That said, the art you mentioned used male Agent 8 so I'm not sure it would count anyway?
All the playable Agents are depicted as Inkling Girls in official art, so it's safe to assume that 3, 4, & 8 are canonically women.

Status
Not open for further replies.