• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
If I recall people were still really gunning for Inkling to be one of the last few DLC newcomers for Smash 4.

Of course I always knew that if they were planning on doing that, then they wouldn't of bothered with the Mii outfit. Same thing with K. Rool. History ended up kinda repeating itself with people believing Rex still had a chance even though he got costume'd lol.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yk6j4E.gif

"Psh nothing personnel kid" - Jin, probably

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
I know it's coming so I'm just going to get it out of the way.

Whatever the heck this is for Smash!

EQyPL2nWoAAafTd

Not really.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I guess giving all the Cuphead spirit battles Floral Fury is a good way to get people to buy the costume by getting the song stuck in their heads
Actually, the Cuphead spirit battles change depending on if you own the costume or not. If you don't, Cuphead and Mugman are represented by Mega Man, and they use different base game music in the place of Floral Fury.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Actually, the Cuphead spirit battles change depending on if you own the costume or not. If you don't, Cuphead and Mugman are represented by Mega Man, and they use different base game music in the place of Floral Fury.

That's really interesting. Never would've known.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Heihachi realized the only way he could get into Smash was to either become a Pokemon or a Fire Emblem character.

As you can see, he's made his decision.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
This is tangentially related, but Max & his wife are expecting a kid around EVO time!

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Note: This is all me speculating. I may/probably be wrong.
1) That's an area you can't access without the dlc vs having it appear in a single player/local mode
2) Notification vs In-game content
3) Players choosing to use the content vs game "shoving it in your face"

That's my guess as to what Nintendo is thinking.
The DLC spirit board buttons are something you can access without buying the DLC. Source: I have clicked on it several times and I do not own the DLC. iirc it even has a prompt to take you to the eshop to buy them.

If it is Nintendo/Namco/Sakurai's reasoning it's a bit wishywashy

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Love the comments below the Rex/Inkling tweet. Yeah, there's some funny gifs, but there's so much pain. lol :(

I love the fact that some people still dream and hope.

One day... (maybe).

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Heh, look at these four losers who will never be playable in Smash

0aGC1Je.png

Oh, whoops, wrong picture. Let me fix that. this joke was going to be much more mean to certain characters, but i'm playing it safe with the manga character potshot.

Anyway, i've been playing a bit of the Super Smash Flash 2 update that released today; Waluigi and Rayman are surprisingly fun.
AAIlotf.png

I would be so happy if I got these characters.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Do you think it's possible if hypothetically - Monolith Soft's New Game came out in Fall 2020,Spring 2021 and Sakurai had already knew of that charcter much earlier in devlopment - it could get a Smash charcter in 2021?

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Do you think it's possible if hypothetically - Monolith Soft's New Game came out in Fall 2020,Spring 2021 and Sakurai had already knew of that charcter much earlier in devlopment - it could get a Smash charcter in 2021?

I reckon you'll see a new Xenoblade or Monolith Soft game before the season pass is over... and at this point, I imagine it's been in development for years.

So whatever it is, it's got to have a chance for Smash.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I find it unlikely.

If we had no Shulk and the game was related to the Established Xenoblade Franchise (TM), then I wouldn't be sure about it. But as is, DLC newcomers have been FE, Mario and unrepped franchises; Pokemon, Kirby and maaaaaybe Zelda have chances. Xenoblade's not there, and new IP isn't an Established Franchise (TM).

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I just hope the Lloyd resprite happens soon enough; he sticks out so much compared to the rest of the roster with those GBA sprites.
Indeed.

Also, I'm impressed with how they handled Waluigi. He's conceptually way better than his Brawl mod counterpart, even with all the moves borrowed from it. It just screams "This is Waluigi!" Love the Inverse L sweet spot on the Up-B and the Mario Party dice is very cool.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Also, I'm impressed with how they handled Waluigi. He's conceptually way better than his Brawl mod counterpart, even with all the moves borrowed from it. It just screams "This is Waluigi!" Love the Inverse L sweet spot on the Up-B and the Mario Party dice is very cool.
I'm just going to use this as an excuse to gush about Waluigi a bit, lol.

I really love the concept behind Up-B; its Waluigi's equivalent to Wario's Corkscrew, with a sweetspot like Luigi's Super Jump Punch (but as the opposite of Luigi, his sweetspot is at the end of the move instead of the beginning). Great stuff, same with the rest of his specials: giving Waluigi's Green Missile-equivalent a homing function is a fun twist, and the Dice/Piranha Plant are original ideas for the remaining specials.

In general, the moveset definitely feels more Sakurai-like than the Brawl/PM mod. MKHT's Waluigi is great, but some move choices were a bit unconventional (which isn't a bad thing; it gives it a unique identity).

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
AAIlotf.png

I would be so happy if I got these characters.
man.. it's been a while since I last saw Smash Flash 2... last time I remember them using Super Mario World sprites for Mario; I like the upgraded visuals, but the muted colors (still) Brawl inspired kills it for me :\.. but aside the anime characters, I think their roster choices are great!

similarly, I also think Super Smash Bros. Crusade got a good roster (with few exceptions too) although it doesn't have any consistence in artstyle or sprites.

I helped a little bit (indirectly) in Crusade, btw; --Bomberman and Ryu sprites were made and edited by me =)

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Did any of you guys ever play Super Smash Flash?

The first one, that is

latest

Just like...look at it. It's crazy to think how far the developers of this have gone since...this.

I think that's Rina-Chan as the announcer there? And since then she's launched a massive anime/gaming VA career. That's one thing that would be interesting about seeing 2B get into Smash, because her VA would of gone from doing oddball Smash fan related things like Brawl Taunts and SSF to actually being in the real deal. Which would of happened with Kirbopher if he didn't torpedo his whole career lol

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Did any of you guys ever play Super Smash Flash?

The first one, that is

latest

Just like...look at it. It's crazy to think how far the developers of this have gone since...this.

I think that's Rina-Chan as the announcer there? And since then she's launched a massive anime/gaming VA career. That's one thing that would be interesting about seeing 2B get into Smash, because her VA would of gone from doing oddball Smash fan related things like Brawl Taunts and SSF to actually being in the real deal. Which would of happened with Kirbopher if he didn't torpedo his whole career lol

I never played but I hate with passion those Mega Man X edited sprites for Mario and Luigi lol.. why that was a thing? These characters have completely different body proportions and there are billion of other and better (official) sprites for the Mario Bros. out there, so I never get it that decision ~

Last edited:

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Why have they given Bomberman a scarf? As far as I know he's only sported it in one game - Bomberman Generation

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Matt Mercer is kind of in the same boat, really. I remember when I saw the voice actor for Chrom in Awakening I was like, wait, the guy who played Ganondorf in There Will Be Brawl??

FujJKT0.png

But of course he was already doing actual VA work around that time, too.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I never played but I hate with passion those Mega Man X edited sprites for Mario and Luigi lol.. why that was a thing? These characters has completely different body proportions and there are billion of other and better (official) sprites for the Mario Bros. out there, so I never get it that decision ~
Yea, edited X sprites were a thing around that time.

I made some for Blaziken back in that era lol

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Yea, edited X sprites were a thing around that time.

I made some for Blaziken back in that era lol
I never was a fan of the X4~X6 sprites in general (I really prefer the simplicity and charm of the first 3 games) but I understand some people thought it was the peak of spriting a while ago.. but having X to wear other character skins is certainly not a way to properly make these characters in the style :p

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I beat the Three Houses DLC Campaign. When do they add Yuri and give him some of the moves of the other Ashen Wolves (grappling and magic)?

Status
Not open for further replies.