• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
I literally recorded midi files to Minidisc to listen to on the go when I was younger.

I have a really high tolerance for them so the Dragon Quest music in Smash doesn't phase me at all.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
If Tom Nook gets in will is start a new Final Smash Guest Theory where suddenly every model in a final Smash is the next echo?

Please be excited for Reyn, Boney, Mega Man X, and the Jinjonator echo pass

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Isabelle drinks scotch on the rocks
ERObOagXUAEBf4O

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Joan is dead. World of Light is confirmed to be canon in the Animal Crossing universe. What does this mean for the other Nintendo game universes?

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I vote we make Spider-Dog the next newcomer.

She will be the best, top-tier fighter and give us a cool New Horizon stage that will be tournament legal. Everyone wins!

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
People say we'd get Nook but come on, you know we'd have New Villager with the modern, updated proportions. And we'd be damn lucky to get them!

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
Only thing I gathered from the Animal Crossing direct is that we're never getting Ninten in Smash because they oddly used it as the island name.

Masked Man it is for our Earthbound echo.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Anyone advocating for more voice acting in any Nintendo game is wrong, but also remember when Yooka Laylee made you listen to the entire line of gibberish dialogue and made it unskippable for every single text box?

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I mean there's nothing wrong with VA for games like Kid Icarus, Star Fox and Fire Emblem

Just depends on the game. Something like Mario or AC obviously don't need real voice acting.
No you see, when I said "more" I meant as of like... 2014 when my brain calcified into its current grumpy state and started hating all change. Those are grandfathered in because they made the jump before that.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Giving Animal Crossing full voice acting would be a logistical nightmare with the amount of dialogue all characters of specific personality types share and how many variables there are. And to do all of that for multiple spoken languages?

The dev team and localizers would die.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
No you see, when I said "more" I meant as of like... 2014 when my brain calcified into its current grumpy state and started hating all change. Those are grandfathered in because they made the jump before that.
The Earthbound remake is going to have voice acting and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
www.resetera.com

Major PlatinumGames announcement coming next week... In game magazines...

Link: https://www.gematsu.com/2020/02/platinum-games-teases-major-announcement-for-february-27-due-issue-of-weekly-famitsu Update: https://four.platinumgames.com/

xp1DhY9.jpg
The best possible timeline.

Weird how Yosuke Saito has been so silent on the Smash-front recently, given how vocal he was before about getting 2B in.

I wonder what could have happened in the last 6 months that made him stop talking about it publically 🤔

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The old translation was too weird and quirky for actual voice acted dialogue, so Treehouse modernized it for a hip zoomer audience by replacing all the jokes with outdated memes like in Triforce Heroes

I can't wait for Troy Baker to voice Ness.

And for Ness to be a 50 year old father who has to protect a child, bonding with them over the course of their adventure.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
Pokemon should get voice acting if they keep doing the cutscenes they've been doing since Alola.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see another fan of Yggdrasil's Altar as I feel far too many fans downplay it. It's just a really solid stage for people who have played Dragon Quest XI to any degree and while it doesn't have many fancy bells and whistles, it's such a beautiful and straightforward stage that works really well.

Yup. It's quite one of popular choices here. Also It's quite beautiful stage.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
recruiting manual labor under the guise of holiday packages
converting how many thousands of uninhabited islands into tourist destinations

To be fair, it looks like the individuals converting the islands have some kind of psychic powers which allow them to accomplish hours, even weeks worth of manual labor in mere minutes.

Perhaps Mr. Nook has genetically engineered these esper terraformers and is simply using the island getaway material as a cover?

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
People really make Tom Nook out to be the bad guy :( He gives you a no interest loan that he literally gives you no deadline on and doesn't ask you to pay a single cent and never threatens to kick you out!

Status
Not open for further replies.