• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I'm pretty hyped on Megaman Zero...and so want that Zero in

Here's a question though what would the stage be? Even though it's not from Zero the Highway Stage from X would be awesome to see.

But I kind of want Zero 2's opening stage for the music alone

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Smash 4 DK fur looked so awful in retrospect... my man looks like a chia pet

Diddy's Smash 4 render has always looked so hilariously awful

latest

Like what even IS this? It barely even looks like a 3D model. It almost looks like something that Smashfied would make.

Then you have the render from Ultimate, and the difference in quality is like, night and day.

dcenw5b-8fd55a2e-1381-4748-a408-55a157d5936c.png

Palazzo

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair it's hard to improve on Super Metroid because it is one of three literal perfect video games out there.

It's like the swan song of 2D development before we all moved onto the Playstation.

I don't know if it's just due to the natural limitations of the subgenre (it's hard to imagine Super Metroid being iterated on and directly, meaningfully improved, though I'm not sure I'd say it's because it's perfect) or if it's just down to the developers' vision not being that interesting, but all the 2D Metroids after Super really do drop the ball in some way. The first three games are all very wildly different from each other, and both Metroid 2 and SM improve on their predecessors in major ways - but Fusion, Zero Mission, and Samus Returns all hardly do anything interesting or unique that Super Metroid didn't already do.

Fusion shows the closest thing to a lasting improvement by trying to rebalance the Super Metroid framework into a linear action game, which has its positives (it does have the best / only good boss battles in the series) but it's still not as good at being a dedicated action game as actual dedicated action games, and in the process of doing what it does, Fusion sheds a lot of the unique strengths of Super as well. I kind of feel like the actual way forward from Super Metroid would be to attempt something like that (make boss fights meaningful and interesting, not like Super Metroid's attrition trudges) without completely cutting nonlinearity, but I feel like Nintendo would never really do something like that.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia

latest

Like what even IS this? It barely even looks like a 3D model. It almost looks like something that Smashfied would make.

Then you have the render from Ultimate, and the difference in quality is like, night and day.

It's a shame that the in-game fur textures for the Kongs still aren't that amazing in Ultimate.

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018

Here's a question though what would the stage be? Even though it's not from Zero the Highway Stage from X would be awesome to see.

Knowing Sakurai's MO they'd go probably with something like Neo Arcadia, but my personal pick would also be the Zero 2 opening stage. It's the most iconic location in the entire series for me. Zero throwing off the cloak while Departure starts up is one of the best game intros ever.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Knowing Sakurai's MO they'd go probably with something like Neo Arcadia, but my personal pick would also be the Zero 2 opening stage. It's the most iconic location in the entire series for me. Zero throwing off the cloak while Departure starts up is one of the best game intros ever.
When I was little I made a music video of the Z2 opening set to the Megaman X7 main theme.

Fucking rad as hell.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
DK's fur texture looked so damn bad in 4. Just bad at every viewpoint.

DK is the OG veteran who's had it the roughest in terms of character models. Ultimate is probably the best he's looked in comparison to the rest of the cast and his fur still looks bad if you get too close.

Actually, sans his creepy yellow teeth, he wasn't that bad looking in Brawl compared to the rest of the cast I guess.

He was definitely the roughest looking of the cast in 64:
Donkey_Kong_Palette_%28SSB%29.png

And he just looked off in Melee. Most of the others you could attribute to them being GCN interpretations of characters who had never been above 64 graphic quality but DK was just flat out off model.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If we got Wario in Melee, we'd have some damn Wario Land representation from the jump.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda hilarious comparing some of the Smash 64 models to how the characters looked like in other games at the time

2735662b14742eb912be0313f29855c7db583b16r1-720-994v2_hq.jpg

1637.png

01_giantdk.png

4909.png

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Not sure if discussed already but there was apparently a 2B image going around. It looked very convincing. But I do think it is very fake now cause of the screen grain.

Here's the pic for reference :

image0.jpg

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
In addition to looking fake as hell, the person who made that forgot to include 2B's pod.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields

Still sad that all the MM remixes except one are classic MM. Could have gotten some good Zero stuff.

Last edited:

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Not sure if discussed already but there was apparently a 2B image going around. It looked very convincing. But I do think it is very fake now cause of the screen grain.

image0.jpg
That's bullshit but I believe it

I don't actually think the model looks too bad (the hair's not too dissimilar to Sheik's aesthetically), but also it's a contextless image that someone had infinite time to photoshop.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm honestly happy fake leaks are becoming a thing again. Even with Nintendo being so silent it doesn't feel like there's been alot of fake leaks to talk about

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017

image0.jpg

It is certainly fake.

A. for all of the reasons other posters mentioned regarding shading, grain, etc

B. Because Who-B will never be in Smash

RomanceDawn

Teacher of Superheroines
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles

latest

The Ultimate Diddy is like the OG Donkey Kong Country. With Smash 4 they tried to pull a dang Tom and Jerry Kids or A Pup Named Scooby Doo with him. Did not like!

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018
image0.jpg

Just gonna nip this 2B fake in the bud real quick. The modder behind it already posted the green screen they used to make it. It's just her Soul Calibur model.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
More image "leaks", less predictions disguised as leaks by random internet users this time around please.

I guess it takes time to make image leaks and few ever get by the initial setup anymore. But I too prefer them.

Especially if they can be good enough to get by people.

Oh look, they are emulating the Brawl Mario model.

Are overalls back in style? I'm having terrible flashbacks to the early 90s as a 3 year old.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Brawl has the worst style of any Smash
Rather odd timing to say this after that series of DK images.

Oh look, they are emulating the Brawl Mario model.

That's got to be the most pathetic use of a crossover I've seen when it comes to a clothing brand. Even cheap as chips Primark gets better results. Levi's literally took what appear to be their regular clothing and slapped a tiny Mario logo on the label. And the sad thing is they'll have the gall to charge an arm and a leg for it.

Last edited:

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
That's got to be the most pathetic use of a crossover I've seen when it comes to a clothing brand. Even cheap as chips Primark gets better results. Levi's literally took what appear to be their regular clothing and slapped a tiny Mario logo on the label. And the sad thing is they'll have the gall to charge an arm and a leg for it.
It's sad, because these exist in the exact same line of clothing:
4_o.jpg

The other pair though? They have some coins coming out of a back pocket, I guess?
dungaree-detail.original.jpg

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Probably in the minority here but I personally think all characters with fur looked the best in Brawl.
The texture work seemed more.. consistent.
Smash 4 was just a mess all around.
Back in the day Brawl was seen as an improvement all round compared to Melee since all the models were on-model.

Smash for being so colourful just made it more apparent how dull Brawl's colours are, but I feel people shit on its graphic way too much.

It had a far better looking Link and Ganondorf model compared to its Wii U brethren for starters.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I definitely have a lot more appreciation for Brawl's visuals now than I did in the past.

It's absolutely the most consistent Smash installment visually; and not just because of the universally dull colors. None of the characters look totally off-model or egregiously worse in quality relative to the rest of the cast.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
It's sad, because these exist in the exact same line of clothing:
4_o.jpg

The other pair though? They have some coins coming out of a back pocket, I guess?
dungaree-detail.original.jpg
I guess that's... something. Most of the design is on the inside. I guess you can appreciate it every time you go for a tinkle.

You'd think they'd take advantage of the fact Mario wears overalls and style them more like his; thicker straps and two large metallic buttons.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I guess that's... something. Most of the design is on the inside. I guess you can appreciate it every time you go for a tinkle.

You'd think they'd take advantage of the fact Mario wears overalls and style them more like his; thicker straps and two large metallic buttons.
They couldn't even make the buttons gold; making them larger was clearly out of the question.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
When you look at the replies to Sakurai's pic of the day you can only imagine how much loathing he has for the Western fanbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.