• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which ARMS character do you think is more likely to become 6th Fighter Pass character?

• Spring Man

Votes: 93 16.5%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 64 11.4%
  • Twintelle

Votes: 185 32.9%
  • Min Min

Votes: 185 32.9%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Someone else from ARMS (please specify)

Votes: 27 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 30935

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I'm going to say, with all the DLC characters (outside of Byleth) having new mechanics tied to them, could the ARMS character be a return of the custom moves idea? Like, four/eight(too many, probably) different characters, each one has ARMS with slightly different properties? Probably WAY too much work for a single DLC character, but something in my gut says it'll be something similar to that.

If not that, you definitely are getting arms changed either between stocks or as a special move. It's such a big part of that game.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
ARMS as a series was saved by this announcement lol

Should be Twintelle
Will be Springman

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why would they do this? Now we'll just get months of someone hoping their ARMS character is in and then get pissed off when that's not the case.

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
Oh god this means we're going to hear more Waluigi/Golden Sun dude/Shadow discourse for the next 3 months (possibly 2 years if it really turns out to be Springman)?

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I don't think the entire fighters pass will be 1st Party but i guess it's going to be 50/50 with 3 First Party Charcters and 3 Third Party Charcters

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno about the whole pass, but if it's Spring-Man I do think at least Rex's chances just shot up tremendously.
If it's Spring Man, the Waluigi fandom is going to make so much noise everyone's going to forget Rex even exists.

That said, I feel like if it was him they would have just come out and said it. The fact that they're being. . .odd about it increases the chances that it might be someone else.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
ARMS is an awesome choice. Not quite a headliner, but I sort of figured they'd be saving that for E3 anyways? I'm sort of thinking this is going to be the Piranha Plant of this pass, not the Joker.

I had my fingers crossed they'd be skipping Spring Man if they were in as DLC, so I'm thinking that's still possible. Sakurai goes to the ARMS team, they give him character popularity data, we get Min Min or Twintelle or whoever.

It's crazy to say it but Rex actually is alive!

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Why would they do this? Now we'll just get months of someone hoping their ARMS character is in and then get pissed off when that's not the case.
Conspiracy time: the trailer was not finished in time due to the COVID 19 outbreak and they needed to announce something Smash related to keep sales of the FP2 up.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I'm actually happy to see ARMS back on the table for Smash, but it's so dumb that they couldn't even say which character it even is lol

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Does this mean we can get Rex and Dixie now?

This I can get behind -- I can't imagine Spring Man when the Assist Trophy's right there.

(I mean, okay, they could just turn it off, but still.)

Solution: reskin it to Springtron

latest

Deleted member 30935

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
It's 100% more than one character (via costumes) with how their not saying who it is. Trailer starts with Springman and starts rolling out the others.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
TBH I do kinda wish Heartskips was still here

Between Byleth and now ARMS, I'd imagine they'd be rethinking their attitude towards this game

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I know I've said it in like 5 threads now, but aiXm SO HYPED about an ARMS character. One of my top 3 Switch games, and I love so many of those characters.

I also, deep down, always like it more when 1st party characters get added rather than 3rd party. There's just something about Nintendo characters that make me giddy in a way others don't.

Mar 9, 2018
I'm guessing we are going to see multiple skins, with Twintelle and Helix as the main ones and with Spring Man, Ribbon Girl and MinMin as the least main ones as determined by the unenthusiastic pronunciation by Xander Mobus. There will be a customize menu where you can customize your ARMS like you can customize Mii Fighters.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I'm guessing we are going to see multiple skins, with Twintelle and Helix as the main ones and with Spring Man, Ribbon Girl and MinMin as the least main ones as determined by the unenthusiastic pronunciation by Xander Mobus. There will be a customize menu where you can customize your ARMS like you can customize Mii Fighters.
What's the problem with Xander Mobius?

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Do you think this would be possible

1st Party
3rd Party
1st Party
3rd Party
1st Party
3rd Party
1st Party.

I feel like the E3/Summer Reveal will definetly be a big one (Crash or MC maybe)

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
What if its like Hero and all costumes are diff ARMS fighters ?

That would be a trip

Status
Not open for further replies.