• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which ARMS character do you think is more likely to become 6th Fighter Pass character?

• Spring Man

Votes: 93 16.5%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 64 11.4%
  • Twintelle

Votes: 185 32.9%
  • Min Min

Votes: 185 32.9%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Someone else from ARMS (please specify)

Votes: 27 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I still think the fundamentals of how Smash Characters are always picked would lead to the fighter being Spring Man, with the possibility of the other fighters being alts or maybe even an echo

We've never not had the main character added first, and the main character of ARMs is Spring Man

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still think the fundamentals of how Smash Characters are always picked would lead to the fighter being Spring Man, with the possibility of the other fighters being alts or maybe even an echo

Yeah I'm expecting Spring Man with alts of Ribbon Girl, Ninjara and Min-Min, and they'll all have a more general ARMS-based moveset than one attuned to them.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Yeah, an ARMS switching moveset that multiple characters share makes more sense to represent ARMS than just one individualized moveset for a single character

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Lol I just woke up

what a fucking weird way to announce a character

I'm guessing we will get Rex too

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Yeah I'm expecting Spring Man with alts of Ribbon Girl, Ninjara and Min-Min, and they'll all have a more general ARMS-based moveset than one attuned to them.
Yeah, an ARMS switching moveset that multiple characters share makes more sense to represent ARMS than just one individualized moveset for a single character
Yea, a moveset that implements various characters' gimmicks, rather than just relying on whatever gimmick the chosen character is, would be a better representation and likely lead to a more interesting moveset

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I am pretty okay with this. ARMS has a lot of colorful characters and they will bring some new mechanics.
It's time to talk third party again tho.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Ideally, I'd split the pass between three Nintendo characters and three third parties.

For Nintendo, outside of ARMS, I'd also pick Rex and Dixie Kong.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue

We've never not had the main character added first, and the main character of ARMs is Spring Man
Yeah but we've also never had them announce the series a new fighter is coming from well before actually announcing the fighter.

It would be so anti-climactic if it turns out to just be Spring Man. Not saying Nintendo hasn't flubbed announcements before, but that would be a very bizarre choice

I am pretty okay with this. ARMS has a lot of colorful characters and they will bring some new mechanics.
It's time to talk third party again tho.
I've been saying it from the very beginning, Dante is FP7 CONFIRMED

Aug 12, 2019
There was no way they could have known that Ring Fit Adventure would succeed at the time. ARMS already proved itself when Vol. 2 was decided.

Eh, I still don't agree with the assessment ARMS proved itself, but you're right Ring Fit's massive success wasn't known at the time. I'm just saying I 100% preferred every other Switch title outside of Pokemon lol.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
now that characters can have alt specific idles, taunts and victory animations (Byleth), they could have any alts have those things to give them some additional personality

Danton

May 31, 2019
Yeah but we've also never had them announce the series a new fighter is coming from well before actually announcing the fighter.

It would be so anti-climactic if it turns out to just be Spring Man. Not saying Nintendo hasn't flubbed announcements before, but that would be a very bizarre choice

Hence why it's likely going to be Springman with alts.

I honestly don't see them hyping this up and then only announcing ONE character. Springman is the mascot and has a rig that most characters can use, it seems logical to pick him as a base and add Ribbon Girl, Min Min, Ninjara, and possibly other more traditional ARMS fighters as alts.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Best part is Spring Man and co. BTFOing the No Spirits and ATs rule.

Geno confirmed, baby.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
IntelliHeath when you get a chance, we should add a poll for which ARMS character it'll be.

I'd suggest Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Min Min, Twintelle, ARMS 2 Character, Combination of Multiple Characters, and Other as options

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
I'm alright with ARMS as long as it's not Spring Man (which I think it is so eh).

I just hope the first-parties keep being franchises with no previous characters.

Best part is Spring Man and co. BTFOing the No Spirits and ATs rule.

Geno confirmed, baby.
There's a very real chance that whoever the character is actually makes said no Spirit and AT theory even more confirmed.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is the new Chocobo Hat isn't it.

I'm alright with ARMS as long as it's not Spring Man (which I think it is so eh).

I just hope the first-parties keep being franchises with no previous characters.

There's a very real chance that whoever the character is actually makes said no Spirit and AT theory even more confirmed.

There's no way it won't be Spring Man, Ribbon Girl and/or Min-Min.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York

Considering Spring Man, Min Min, Ribbon Girl, Ninjara and Twintelle all have spirits, they'd really have to go out of their way to pick a character that specifically did not have a base game spirit, since half of those are top of the list picks for the fighter

Oct 27, 2017
What if it is a customizable character? Kinda like the Mii. We customize a basic "template" character and we get an ARMS character accordingly.

Danton

May 31, 2019
That would require them to forgo both mascots (Springman and Ribbon Girl) and fan favourites (Min Min, Twintelle) for that to happen. Unless the fighter is an ARMS 2 newcomer, I hardly see it happening.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
like I can see their up special being something like they punch the ground with both arms to fly upward, kicking as they rise

Used on the ground, it has Sonic up special range, but when used in the air, with nothing to spring off of, it's a pathetic little hop that just sends their arms downward

Because they have to compensate for their range somehow

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
My theory is that they decided on an ARMS rep because it was something that would have been included otherwise if not for time constraints when finalizing the roster, coupled with it being a success and having a good amount of demand, it's no surprise to see them giving ARMS its fair turn

This also means that Rex is, indeed, alive. Since he's in the same bucket, but also that we might see some omissions filled with FP2, like a Rhythm Heaven rep

Status
Not open for further replies.