• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which ARMS character do you think is more likely to become 6th Fighter Pass character?

• Spring Man

Votes: 93 16.5%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 64 11.4%
  • Twintelle

Votes: 185 32.9%
  • Min Min

Votes: 185 32.9%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Someone else from ARMS (please specify)

Votes: 27 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how the ARMS stage will incorporate the characters who don't make it into Smash. I'd love to see something dynamic with one-on-one fake fights in the background but I'm expecting to just get the standard poses and waves from the sidelines

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually playing ARMS for the first time since the pre-release open beta stuff, with the free trial thing.

I'm bad at fighting games AND have poor reflexes/coordination, so frankly this is an awful experience.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
taking a break from dragon quest 11 for a couple hours

dieing to a 2nd phase of a boss and having to do the 1st phase agian is annoying
I only died twice in that game, one time due to not having a key item needed for the fight and the second because one of the post game bosses just spams summoned enemies and I was too low level to deal with the spam

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Do you think this is going to cause an influx of "leakers" who may have been unsure on their sources but got their sources confirmed thanks to the Arms Reveal

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
The "bland" protagonist is always prioritized (see Villager, Ryu, Corrin, Hero, Byleth, and so on), so I don't know why popularity will suddenly matter with ARMS.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, I'm surprised they went with ARMS, as they start Vol. 2. I thought they would have went with a more out-there choice to boost sales of the pass. I'm still not going to get the pass until I know exactly who it is.

wedl

Oct 26, 2017
I still think the fundamentals of how Smash Characters are always picked would lead to the fighter being Spring Man, with the possibility of the other fighters being alts or maybe even an echo

We've never not had the main character added first, and the main character of ARMs is Spring Man
i know it's different because pikachu is pikachu but we got 4 whole ass pokemon before a single starter in smash so it's not totally impossible for the inclusion to not be the protagonist

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
The "bland" protagonist is always prioritized (see Villager, Ryu, Corrin, Hero, Byleth, and so on), so I don't know why popularity will suddenly matter with ARMS.

I agree, but to be fair, we are kind in uncharted territory here.

Like sure, putting in anyone that isn't the mascot would be breaking the "rule"...but in order to do that, we have to break down the Assist Trophy "rule" as well. So either way, we have some unprecedented moves happening here.

I definitely agree it should be Spring Man first in line, but I can kind of understand other people's perspectives.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Oh, it actually happened.

I'm sure Neoxon is ecstatic about the ARMS rep? I have a feeling it won't be Spring Man though, I don't see why they wouldn't just say it from the start it was was him (unless they do something crazy with the alt costumes).

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I wonder if ARMs talk will manage to fill Smash discussion enough for 3 months or if we'll get so bored of ARMs talk that we'll go back to arguing about Resident Evil or whatever

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I think the major difference here is that ARMS is a new series, a fighting game without any real narrative, and no default playable character. You don't even play as Spring Man in the "learn to play" section, they let you choose whichever character you want.

Like, fighting games often run on different rules. Characters like Heihachi, Scorpion, and Morrigan aren't the protagonist, but they're clearly the "faces" of those series.

If/when ARMS 2 is released, we could easily see Spring Man getting the "technically the protagonist but no longer the central character" treatment as well.

OmegaNeon

Dec 16, 2019
the general universe
When I think Spring Man I do not think this:
spring-man-masthead.17345b15.9afde10b.png

I think this:
300px-Spring_Man.png

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
could be multiple alts, which is why just confirming Spring Man wouldn't really work
I mean, the characters are pretty damn different from one another. Maybe that could work for Spring Man & Ribbon Girl, possibly Ninjara as well. But the others have enough quirks to where that idea wouldn't fit.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Imagine the discourse here if they did something like "a Resident Evil character is coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate"

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Status
Not open for further replies.