• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which ARMS character do you think is more likely to become 6th Fighter Pass character?

• Spring Man

Votes: 93 16.5%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 64 11.4%
  • Twintelle

Votes: 185 32.9%
  • Min Min

Votes: 185 32.9%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Someone else from ARMS (please specify)

Votes: 27 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
The "bland" protagonist is always prioritized (see Villager, Ryu, Corrin, Hero, Byleth, and so on), so I don't know why popularity will suddenly matter with ARMS.
1) in the case of Byleth, that was decided before 3H released and the other characters got more popular. FP2 decided way after ARMS and the fan favs are known

2) if it was spring man, the obvious choicE, they wouldn't be playing up "it's fromARMS, but who could it be?!"

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I think the major difference here is that ARMS is a new series, a fighting game without any real narrative, and no default playable character. You don't even play as Spring Man in the "learn to play" section, they let you choose whichever character you want.

Like, fighting games often run on different rules. Characters like Heihachi, Scorpion, and Morrigan aren't the protagonist, but they're clearly the "faces" of those series.
Spring Man is pretty obviously supposed to be the face of ARMS. He's the first character on the select screen, he's on the box art, and he's the character with an evil clone. He also follows the generic hero archetype/design aesthetic à la Ryu and Little Mac.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
also they should st assrt giving characters zairs unrelated to grabs

like Mario cappy throw that can give him a new recovery option
I've wanted every character to have a zair for awhile

Like, not tethers for all, obviously, but maybe a new type of kick or something. It's weird only some characters have this one extra attack input others don't have

Olimar and Yoshi should have tether zairs, though

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda funny that a friend of mine who isn't deep into smash was like "an ARMs character is really cool, a new series and it's not another damn fire emblem character"
Dude has never even played ARMs but has played a few FE games, and even he was just absolutely done with FE.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
When I think Spring Man I do not think this:
spring-man-masthead.17345b15.9afde10b.png

I think this:
300px-Spring_Man.png
They're the same picture.gif

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda funny that a friend of mine who isn't deep into smash was like "an ARMs character is really cool, a new series and it's not another damn fire emblem character"
Dude has never even played ARMs but has played a few FE games, and even he was just absolutely done with FE.

It's like saying "thanks Obama." It just caught on.

Stub your toe and now you shout "not another Fire Emblem character."

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Even though third party characters are more "hype", people are generally fine with new Nintendo characters.

It's just, you know, they didn't want a 8th fucking FE rep lol

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
"Fighter #7 is from our friends at Capcom. Find out who in 3 months."
Yeah, that's a fate worse than hell.

At least with ARMS I feel like most people will be happy with the outcome of this regardless of who it is; showing every character from the game on screen definitely doesn't make me think that only one is happening.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Yeah, that's a fate worse than hell.

At least with ARMS I feel like most people will be happy with the outcome of this regardless of who it is; showing every character from the game on screen definitely doesn't make me think that only one is happening.
Unless they want to maintain the surprise of who's getting in. They did say "fighter" in singular.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Spring Man is pretty obviously supposed to be the face of ARMS. He's the first character on the select screen, he's on the box art, and he's the character with an evil clone. He also follows the generic hero archetype/design aesthetic à la Ryu and Little Mac.

Sure, he's definitely in that archetype. But we don't really know the motivation behind "main character comes first." Our only precedents are Ryu and Terry, who just so happen to ALSO be incredibly popular and iconic characters. Spring Man isn't really either of those things. It's too early to say if he's going to stay in that role in the future.

I think the multi-character thing is the most likely course, I just don't think is a lock. It's like the Sword/Shield spirits. It's a different paradigm than most series being discussed.

OmegaNeon

Dec 16, 2019
the general universe
They failed at the second one.

Yeah I don't really give a shit about a character's gameplay.

I care if I like the character.
YOU DON'T REALLY GIVE A SHIT ABOUT GAMEPLAY
ARE YOU SAYING THAT IF SOMEONE YOU LIKED FROM THEIR OWN SERIES WAS IN SMASH AND THEIR MOVESET WAS SHIT YOU WOULD STILL RANK THEM S TIER

SMASH IS A FIGHTING GAME THE GAMEPLAY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART

GAAAAAAAH

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's cool ARMS got something so here's hoping Rex gets in.

My guess for the ARMS character with multiple alts much like Hero. So Springman, Ribbon Girl, Min Min, and a possible ARMS 2 character. They all have similar enough silhouettes and profiles so I think those are the best bets on who can fit a mold around themselves.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I mean honestly, Three Houses is the most popular game in the series, so I don't think Byleth's inclusion is entirely unwarranted, in a vacuum anyway.

I think if, say

1. Corrin wasn't included already
2. Spring Man and Rex managed to get into the roster day 1

His inclusion would of felt more palatable.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
YOU DON'T REALLY GIVE A SHIT ABOUT GAMEPLAY
ARE YOU SAYING THAT IF SOMEONE YOU LIKED FROM THEIR OWN SERIES WAS IN SMASH AND THEIR MOVESET WAS SHIT YOU WOULD STILL RANK THEM S TIER

SMASH IS A FIGHTING GAME THE GAMEPLAY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART

GAAAAAAAH
I don't care about tiers but if my most wanted character got in, I would absolutely main her no matter what, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.