• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which ARMS character do you think is more likely to become 6th Fighter Pass character?

• Spring Man

Votes: 93 16.5%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 64 11.4%
  • Twintelle

Votes: 185 32.9%
  • Min Min

Votes: 185 32.9%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Someone else from ARMS (please specify)

Votes: 27 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Away from the thread I go for a few hours, I guess, lol
No matter what we say, just remember you won, no one can take that away!

Male Byleth actually has one of my fave designs for main characters in the series, a shame they just deliberately made the actual character non talkative (which was actually a step up from "gods noooo" Corrin so....)

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Personally speaking, my issue was never the fact that we got a Three Houses rep, I love the game to pieces. My problem is that of all its interesting characters, we got Byleth. Had it been Edelgard or Claude, I would have been hyped. Hell, if they made Female Byleth the default, as much as I hate the design, I'd be "Huh, okay, at least they made the female version the default this time". Would I still prefer Edelgard or Claude, most certainly. But it'd be a nice consolation prize.

But hey, we finally got ARMS in Smash, so it all worked out later down the road. I just wish Sakurai & Nintendo were a bit more adventurous with their Three Houses pick.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Happy for an Arms rep and happy Nintendo seems to be breathing some new life into Arms in general with this free trial and tournament. I got the game at launch and played it a lot but haven't in a while. Will be going back to it this weekend. Interested to see where it's at these days.

Hoping for Twintelle to be the Arms rep in Smash. I think she's the best choice all things considered. But I could see it going to pretty much anyone else on the roster too. Besides Spring Man probably considering he's an AT. I love him though.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
No matter what we say, just remember you won, no one can take that away!

Male Byleth actually has one of my fave designs for main characters in the series, a shame they just deliberately made the actual character non talkative (which was actually a step up from "gods noooo" Corrin so....)
The writers made Byleth's quiet demeanor work in the game's canon, which is more than can be said for most silent protagonists that just sort of stand there while the plot happens around them.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Oh god. I just thought about an ARMS fighter's Final Smash, and it's going to be Mr. Yabuki literally breaking the fourth wall and annihilating the opponent with godlike precision.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We blame Byleth for so much when it's really Corrin's fault.

If we're picking an ARMS character solely to cater to one man, it's got to be Twintelle for Neoxon. He's put in the work

Neoxon when Twintelle is confirmed

AbandonedGreatBlowfish-max-1mb.gif

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
all this new shit in XCDE really makes me want Melia or Fiora or whoever in Smash Bros. just so we can get some of that

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyway now that we're on Dragon Ball I just want to say this is still fucking hilarious.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
They speak the truth.

"But at least their gameplay is interesting" is a crutch used by the less interesting character additions, who I won't name to be polite, like Corrin for example.

Who the character is, their history, their personality, matters so much. It makes all the difference in the world.

That's subjective. For me, how a character plays is of the upmost importance, but I'll use "well, they have a good personality/history" to justify when I don't like how they play (e.g. Banjo)

Wonderrade

The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just get such good feeling seeing that an ARMS rep is coming. Like im not out of my chair hyped, but like just plain happy.

On that note mechanica would be awesome but it aint happening :(

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the news. That's an odd way to reveal the character but also not reveal it.

In retrospect it kind of makes sense to start Nintendo, because they could've started work without needing a third party approval.

We thinking June is realistic with what's going on? I'm expecting a delay.

That would make sense why they went with Nintendo character first since they can working on Nintendo characters so they would smooth the hiccups with Arms awhile working on third party characters with the said companies.

I'm more curious to see how many Nintendo characters we are going to get? Man, I'm quite excited about Arms character because I didn't think they would have a chance until they straight out confirmed that we are going to get one.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I dunno, this looks like the announcement of a fighter to me.

Never said they had to actually announce who that fighter is.
Oh snap. Odeko, your retort?
The best line of the whole direct:
youtu.be

Nintendo Direct Mini 3.26.2020

Check out the full 29 minute Nintendo Direct Mini that shows off tons of new games and more!Including Bioshock and Borderlands collections, Animal Crossing a...

(timestamp 14:39 if on mobile)

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Don't see a reason to assume it's Spring Man beyond him being the cover boy. We're well passed the point where rules are being shattered left and right; ARMS is a new series, chances are ARMS 2 won't even feature the same cast of characters as leading faces. Even including Spring Man would go beyond any preconceived notions of who can and can't get into the game since he's already an AT. This is the first time Smash is presenting a new character inclusion as a figurative roulette by telling us which series is getting repped but not which character. We're talking about rules, but this is something that's never happened before. All bets are off. You're a fool if you think Spring Man is the obvious choice, or anyone else is.

Even if I still strongly believe it's Min Min because the timing is just too conspicuous and she has too many things going for her.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
They showed her picture so I doubt we're ment to consider her "out" plusher hair is still called ARMS in-universe.

That's why I said her hairs can be considered as arms becuase I do find it weird that people are actively tried to disconfirmed her. I wonder if they ever play the games themselves becuase I do believe that they specifically called her hairs as Arms because of it's power and skills.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't see a reason to assume it's Spring Man beyond him being the cover boy. We're well passed the point where rules are being shattered left and right; ARMS is a new series, chances are ARMS 2 won't even feature the same cast of characters as leading faces. Even including him goes beyond any preconceived notions of who can and can't get into the game since he's already an AT. This is the first time Smash is presenting a new character inclusion as a figurative roulette by telling us which series is getting repped. We're talking about rules, but this is something that's never happened. All bets are off. You're a fool if you think Spring Man is the obvious choice, or anyone else is.

Even if I still strongly believe it's Min Min because the timing is just too conspicuous and she has too many things going for her.

I don't think Spring Man is the obvious choice.

I think he's one of three of the obvious choices.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Spring Man (+ Ribbon Girl + Ninjara + Min Min) with an Echo Fighter, Dr. Coyle (+ Max Brass + Mechanica + Master Mummy)

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
That would make sense why they went with Nintendo character first since they can working on Nintendo characters so they would smooth the hiccups with Arms awhile working on third party characters with the said companies.

I'm more curious to see how many Nintendo characters we are going to get? Man, I'm quite excited about Arms character because I didn't think they would have a chance until they straight out confirmed that we are going to get one.

I'd give it 50/50 odds on it being the opposite of pass 1 with mostly Nintendo characters and one big 3rd party.

Status
Not open for further replies.