• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which ARMS character do you think is more likely to become 6th Fighter Pass character?

• Spring Man

Votes: 93 16.5%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 64 11.4%
  • Twintelle

Votes: 185 32.9%
  • Min Min

Votes: 185 32.9%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Someone else from ARMS (please specify)

Votes: 27 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
The ARMS character is so obviously going to be a mix of either four or eight of them

Why else would they try and hype up who it is like, "Oh ho ho, it's an ARMS character but we're not going to tell you which one!" if not to "surprise" us in June by going like "Ha, ha, we tricked you, it's all the ARMS characters!"

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
I'd also like to note that Doc has a different Up-B option that isn't just "i unno shoot ARM up"
She can teleport. Certainly not the most unique thing in the world but it beats tether recovery imo

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be fine with any of the ARMS girls, though if I'd have to rank my preference it's Min Min > Lola Pop > Dr. Coyle > Ribbon Girl > Twintelle > Mechanica.

wedl

Oct 26, 2017
i really don't feel that arms means much for first parties since it was a special request and is probably gonna coincide with arms 2. like, third party dlc is always more popular!! they have no reason to stop making it just because there's still a fandom for cinderace or rex and pyra. i feel like it leaves nintendo characters further on the table but i doubt it cements the fighter pass as majority first-party when guests have always been the focus and do better

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The ARMS character is so obviously going to be a mix of either four or eight of them

Why else would they try and hype up who it is like, "Oh ho ho, it's an ARMS character but we're not going to tell you which one!" if not to "surprise" us in June by going like "Ha, ha, we tricked you, it's all the ARMS characters!"
Yeah, this seems likely, especially with how little ARMS characters differ in basic attacks. Just make one character and do the Ness treatment of giving them some abilities from the whole cast.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hypothetically could we get a Hero situation with Ribbon Girl/Min-Min/Lola Pop/Dr. Coyle or are they all physically too different?

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's going to be Spring Man, with Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, and Min Min as alts.

Each individual character in ARMS has very few abilities, but collectively they'd make for a much more unique Smash character. They would have access to a bunch of different types of ARMS, kick like Min Min, and maybe even use Barq as a drone to recover. It's kind of like how the gaps in Simon's move set were filled in with other Belmont abilities, how Ness and Lucas use the abilities of other party members, and how Hero uses spells from throughout the entire Dragon Quest series.

Sakurai said Arms character would come with entirely unique mechanics so I'm really curious about what it is.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This tweet has me thinking we aren't going to see a hard replication of any of the character's movesets, and if you aren't gonna do that why stop at just Spring Man?

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
I almost dropped my fickin Switch when I heard this!

I'm like 85% sure it's a Hero/ Villager/ Bowser Jr situation were they are cramming most all into 1 as alts.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
If it ends up being Spring Man, the only silver lining will be the possibility of Zero or Alucard happening too.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
also a fun fact, Dr. Coyle is voiced by Donna Burke, a japan-based voice actress and singer who you've probably heard if you've listened to some anime and game OSTs

none of this is relevant to whether i think it would help Dr. Coyle's chances, i just wanted to post some of her lovely singing

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I'll go ahead and rank what would make me the most happy from my time playing ARMS for the month after it released.

Min Min > Twintelle (my main) > Helix > Ribbon Girl > Ninjara > Max Brass > Dr. Coyle > Lola Pop > Spring Man > Everyone Else

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This announcement makes me want to pick up ARMS again but then I remember I don't find the game any fun haha.

But everything else about it I love.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
The ARMs rep being multiple reps would allow them to implement the fan gimmick into the stage where the audience dons the outfit of the fighter(s) in question.

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
I sure hope they make the models work. Master Mummy is huge compared to the rest of the cast. Though they'll probably go the Bowser Jr. route and morph the models to fit the base.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I can't fucking wait for the ARMS music. We better get every character's stage theme plus the title theme (both the original and Ribbon Girl's cover). Hell, the Party Crash theme is a hell of a banger.

My favorites:

Ribbon Ring

Ramen Bowl

DNA Lab

I wish there was a front-facing gif of Helix's idle animation, cuz that's how I'm dancin' right now!

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
With Byleth introducing unique idle/taunt animations for alts, i'm sure they'll get a little more crazy with the ARMS rep(s).

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait I figured it out.

At E3 we'll get a character with four unique alts and a long standing fan favourite.

So we're gonna see Spring Man/Ribbon Girl/Ninjara/Min-Min, and then they'll announce Geno.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think as far as "ATs/Spirits/Costumes don't deconfirm" now, Rex is the only one I'd go to bat for.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I think as far as "ATs/Spirits/Costumes don't deconfirm" now, Rex is the only one I'd go to bat for.
Yeah, ARMS getting now feels like they're making up for something that would have been done in the base game if it were feasible at the time. Rex is exactly that as well.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
If I were designing any ARMS character I would go one of two routes:

Their down b cycles through their default ARMS set and the ARMS change the nature of their normals. Weapon effects when using Smash moves and to a lesser extent on jab finishers. Neutral B is a block that reduces damage and charges your ARMS, applying their effect to the next normal you use, no matter what kind of attack

Alternatively, their down b cycles through the ARMS on their left, and neutral B cycles through ARMS on their right. The left would affect up and down normals, the right would affect horizontal and neutral.

I would also give them a Belmont-style tether recovery

Now, if I were doing Twintelle specifically:

Chilla: Medium speed, damage and knockback. Freezes when Smash connects. Freeze duration based on opponent's damage.

Parasol: Slow, medium damage, medium knockback. Sends a moving wind box out if it misses. Size and duration dependent on charge time. Power dependent on user's health (the lower the better).

Thunderbird: Fast. Medium damage. Low knockback. Stuns on hit with Smash attack. Can be angled

^B: vertical rise leaving her in a floating state similar to Peach's without needing to hold a button to sustain. Slows opponent if timed right. Float ended when you press down on the stick, try to use a special, or time runs out on it.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I suppose the existence of ARMS 2 could be a knock against Rex if it's announced alongside this new ARMS character as people are speculating. It would make it feel like it's less making up for something that would of been on the base game and more taking the opportunity to promote a new Nintendo game coming out this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.