• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which ARMS character do you think is more likely to become 6th Fighter Pass character?

• Spring Man

Votes: 93 16.5%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 64 11.4%
  • Twintelle

Votes: 185 32.9%
  • Min Min

Votes: 185 32.9%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Someone else from ARMS (please specify)

Votes: 27 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I do think having a playable Spring Man and assist Spring Man coexisting would be much weirder than the Chrom situation

the Spring Man AT actually, like, does stuff

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
You all need to look at this a different way:

ARMS may have had an Assist Trophy, 5 spirits and 2 Mii Costumes; but it was missing the most important thing of all: music.

You know what other franchise has a Mii Costume and 5 spirits, but has no music? Chibi-Robo; your Bandai rep; is coming home baby!

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
You guys need to look at this a different way:

ARMS may have had an Assist Trophy, 5 spirits and 2 Mii Costumes; but it was missing the most important thing of all: music.

You know what other franchise has a Mii Costume and 5 spirits? Chibi-Robo; your Bandai rep; is coming home baby!
Ah, so Isaac is as good as confirmed then, got it.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
There's only 1 thing I'm sure of, the people here who think the floodgates just opened for 1st parties and are hoping for Dixie and Rex will end up disappointed.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018

You know what other franchise has a Mii Costume and 5 spirits, but has no music? Chibi-Robo; your Bandai rep; is coming home baby!
Damn so Rex is still dead.

All hail the Elma Revival!

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
There's only 1 thing I'm sure of, the people here who think the floodgates just opened for 1st parties and are hoping for Dixie and Rex will end up disappointed.

Honestly it'd be kind of messed up if we got an ARMS character but no Rex considering they were both specifically mentioned by Sakurai as being too late for the base game roster. So playing catch up on one of them and not the other is pretty wack sounding.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Honestly it'd be kind of messed up if we got an ARMS character but no Rex considering they were both specifically mentioned by Sakurai as being too late for the base game roster. So playing catch up on one of them and not the other is pretty wack sounding.
To be fair ARMS didn't have a character, Xenoblade did. I'm not 100% if that matters in the mind of Sakurai but I do feel like people that expect this pass to be mostly 1st parties are gonna be disappointed.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017

obviously Lip's Theme doesn't count since it's just been hanging around since Brawl, so she's on the table too

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Kos-mos RE figurine also releases in May with Xenoblade Definitive edition. So I wonder if she will have a role as a costume at least in the game for Fiora.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair ARMS didn't have a character, Xenoblade did. I'm not 100% if that matters in the mind of Sakurai but I do feel like people that expect this pass to be mostly 1st parties are gonna be disappointed.
People also expected the first pass to be all third party, so...

These are the only rules (until they aren't):
  1. Must originate in a video game
  2. Main characters get precedence
That's it

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
People also expected the first pass to be all third party, so...

These are the only rules (until they aren't):
  1. Must originate in a video game
  2. Main characters get precedence
That's it
Exactly, that's the lesson I learned from expecting the final fighters pass character to be 3rd party. Now it's gonna happen again where people think a lot of first party and it will at best have just a pokemon besides the ARMS character.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Lip would be good because Smash needs more puzzle reps

Arle fills a similar niche, but Lip is first party so i'd go for her first

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
More first-parties seems like wishful thinking imo. I could see maybe another one or two, but I think FP2 will still be at least half 3rd-party

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When Inklings were confirmed for Smash I tended to reeeally overthink how their moveset would play out. I figured they'd be all about zoning and territory control, using every one of their weapons in Mega Man-like fashion. I wouldn't peg them for physical fighters. They come out, and they're a very fast, physical fighter who's gimmick is tacking on damage multipliers.

When Joker was confirmed for Smash I also overthought his design by a lot. I figured he'd be using his Wild Card ability to cycle through Personas to use different spells. Instead he's a sneaky, fast fighter who gets a temporary buff by summoning Arsene.

Even leading up to Terry, I remember going so far as to speculate that a potential route with SNK in Character Pack 4 could be a three-in-one character to represent SNK's signature KoF team setup, but instead they just settled with doing Terry, with Fatal Fury as his franchise.

I guess the point I'm getting at here is I'm not going to overthink how an ARMS character will play. I think they'll be a mid-ranged fighter with close-ranged burst options, that their gimmick will be charging their ARMS (+ potential Rush Gauge) and that their special will be employing only the repped character's default ARMS in some unique fashion. For instance, as an Up-B, if you take Lola Pop, she could use Funchuks to spin them around and create a helicopter effect, or Min Min could shoot a straight laser down with her Dragon that gives her horizontal movement but not much vertical. Maybe their FSmash attacks could be a rekka, because it'll most likely be a standard extended punch and you can do two at once.

Brainiac 8

Oct 27, 2017
I want either Twintelle or MinMin as the new fighter, but I'm sure that it'll end up being Ribbon Girl since she is sort of the face of the game next to Spring Man.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
So this must mean that we're getting our first wave of DLC Amiibo in June, right? Riiiiiiiiiggggghhhht?

Status
Not open for further replies.