• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When and where do you expect to see Fighter Pass' Character #7 announcement?

• Along with Arms character(s) - Smash Presentation or Trailer (Drop on Twitter/Youtube)

Votes: 97 44.3%
  • Nintendo Direct at later date (Like during September?)

Votes: 36 16.4%
  • Randomly on Twitter and Youtube in future date (Without any announcement)

Votes: 42 19.2%
  • Typical Smash Presentation

Votes: 44 20.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My point of the original post was to say that Rex might have better voice acting thanks to be better voice direction of Smash Ultimate compared to XB2 if he got in. With that said, Resident Evil generally has solid voice acting, especially from 4 onwards (Roger Craig Smith as Chris, D.C. Douglas as Wesker, Matthew Mercer as Leon, Nicole Tompkins as Jill, I could go on).
Ok good, XB2's voice work is solid too, especially if RE is your standard for "solid."

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
The only voice acting I've actually enjoyed from Smash since Captain Falcon's is Byleth's

It's just a total non-factor for me most of the time

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Since we're on the subject, if Nintendo pulled this "the character is from this franchise" thing again with Xenoblade, would we all agree it was Rex (maybe with Pyra/Mythra) or would the fact that Nintendo didn't say it was Rex in this hypothetical scenario lead to us arguing between Elma or Melia.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
It's about time for something to leak from the official Ultimate website. No, confirming Delfino Plaza's return early isn't good enough!

I mean, they rarely update it now, but that just means they'll be more careless and slip up!

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I have insider information that all of the characters in FP2 will be corporeal beings. No ghosts sadly.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Smash Bros Ultimate design for Geno got leaked.

hEqdZlP.png

totally fake

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since we're on the subject, if Nintendo pulled this "the character is from this franchise" thing again with Xenoblade, would we all agree it was Rex (maybe with Pyra/Mythra) or would the fact that Nintendo didn't say it was Rex in this hypothetical scenario lead to us arguing between Elma or Melia.

Anyone other than Rex would feel like a deliberate swerve of a choice.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone other than Rex would feel like a deliberate swerve of a choice.

I could see that argument playing out in this thread.

"Why didn't they just announce Rex? We all know it's going to be him."

"It's not gonna be Elma. Xenoblade X is done."

"Melia is the most relevant."

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
I'd say it depends on who the ARMS character is. If it's just Spring Man then most people would assume Rex, but if it isn't just Spring Man then I think most people would argue for Elma, Melia, or Lora instead of Rex.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I could see that argument playing out in this thread.

"Why didn't they just announce Rex? We all know it's going to be him."

"It's not gonna be Elma. Xenoblade X is done."

"Melia is the most relevant."

Rex is the clear lead of XB2 in a way that differs from Spring Man being part of an ensemble. I can't imagine it being anyone but him.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade 2 is about the bond between human and Blade. It will be Rex and Pyra/Mythra in some form depending on how Sakurai designs the character mechanically

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The main reason I'm voting Elma is because she's the lead of a branching series, to my understanding. That's what they want X to be, right? I dunno. She's cool. They could release her next year with a Xenoblade X remaster.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
It's neat that you only need to start up FC once to unlock Shulk and Melia's outfits for the main game (not that i'd recommend that for anyone playing Xenoblade for the first time though; the opening cutscene shows the ending of the main game); I might just stick with that look for now.

Also put it in Smash.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
My point of the original post was to say that Rex might have better voice acting thanks to be better voice direction of Smash Ultimate compared to XB2 if he got in. With that said, Resident Evil generally has solid voice acting, especially from 4 onwards (Roger Craig Smith as Chris, D.C. Douglas as Wesker, Matthew Mercer as Leon, Nicole Tompkins as Jill, I could go on).
Smash characters barely have dialogue and a lot of it is recycled.

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been weirded out by Banjo having two radically different voices for 20 years and I'm still at it.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
They'd probably get some new dialog for Rex for his trailer if nothing else, ma yas well record a couple extra oofs and aghs and maybe a taunt while they're at it.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Smash had oddball voice direction/decisions here and there too tbh

Like them still using the awful sounding voice clips from Brawl for Mario, Isabelle and the Pikmin captains being mute despite having audible voices in their games, Pac-Man not having his iconic death sound anywhere, the DK crew and Bowser sounding like real animals instead of using their proper VAs, Little Mac very clearly having a Japanese dude doing his voice which in turn makes him sound like an angry samurai and not an American boxer, etc

Ultimate ruined Viridi.

This too

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Xenoblade 1's very good so far

Shulk for Sma- oh wait

I mean, it's not like it's impossible that they would get Weaver in for some new stuff

Also don't be a dick dude
You're right. That was too over the top, and I'm sorry for that.

I just find the argument that Smash has better voice direction than XC2 extremely hard to swallow.

Jun 11, 2019
Smash should have mid air grabs
Sol gonna be nutty dude
You're right. That was too over the top, and I'm sorry for that.

I just find the argument that Smash has better voice direction than XC2 extremely hard to swallow.
It's fine, XB2's okay, but I believe Neoxon's correct that the dub was rushed, I think Zeke's VA mentioned something along those lines atleast afaik
Rex should have the Star KO line of "Don't forget me!"
I like your adittude!

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Sol gonna be nutty dude

It's fine, XB2's okay, but I believe Neoxon's correct that the dub was rushed, I think Zeke's VA mentioned something along those lines atleast afaik
Even if XC2's VO was rushed, that's not necessarily the fault of the voice director, either. So I don't know why the (alleged) pace of recording is somehow being used as an argument that the voice direction is worse than a game that uses sparse acting for most characters, a number of whom haven't been re-recorded since the Wii era.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Smash should have mid air grabs
There are a few mechanics introduced in Ultimate for individual characters that would do well as universal mechanics. Shield+Special as a 5th special move (Inkling) and Dodge Attack (Terry) come to mind.

Speaking of air grabs though, Peach and Daisy should have a mid-air down special. (Shoutout to Project +!)

Jun 11, 2019
Even if XC2's VO was rushed, that's not necessarily the fault of the voice director, either. So I don't know why the (alleged) pace of recording is somehow being used as an argument that the voice direction is worse than a game that uses sparse acting for most characters, a number of whom haven't been re-recorded since the Wii era.
Wasn't really referring to their comments on the direction's quality relative to the various samples Smash uses, morseo the comment that it was rushed.

I think the dub is okay usually but there's a couple of bits where you can kinda tell that it was a very expedited production

There's like one bit that I kinda adore, it's in one of the more 'filler-y' chapters where the gang is trying to find that asshole Nopon and Rex delivers probably the best, most stilted line in the whole game, lol

...I gotta find it....

THIS ONE, THIS IS IT, I LOVE THIS ONE

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Man... I'm hoping Crash (the Ocho) is announced outside the Sony event on the 4th,.. I know it's unlikely, but if that's the case, they'd have the marketing completly for them yet again, despite of the possibility of the game being multi-plat from start like Nitro-Fueled :/

Whatever is the case, I'm anxious for the event just because there's chance of seeing Crash there, not because of the system lol

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't really referring to their comments on the direction's quality relative to the various samples Smash uses, morseo the comment that it was rushed.

I think the dub is okay usually but there's a couple of bits where you can kinda tell that it was a very expedited production

There's like one bit that I kinda adore, it's in one of the more 'filler-y' chapters where the gang is trying to find that asshole Nopon and Rex delivers probably the best, most stilted line in the whole game, lol

...I gotta find it....

THIS ONE, THIS IS IT, I LOVE THIS ONE

lmfao yeah, there's a lot of moments like this sadly. The actors themselves are fine but I don't think they were able to see what they were recording for. Like all the characters sound great in battle. Some blade VA's are really mismatched though

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On a Power Rangers kick and found this.

I love that the "everyone Is here" trailer left such an impact to get all these parodies.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tansut Sorry to bother, but i've just been seeing this article all over the place recently and i'm wondering if you hinted at Neku for Smash or not? Sorry if it is just misinformation. I just wanted to clarify

www.dexerto.com

Credible Smash Ultimate leaker hints at TWEWY sequel

A Smash Ultimate leaker with a very accurate history now claims The World Ends With You could be getting a sequel.

Specifically, what happened is that he hinted at TWEWY 2 back in October and again here, but has also clarified he hasn't heard anything since. I don't believe there's anything to do with Neku in Smash.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
On a Power Rangers kick and found this.

I love that the "everyone Is here" trailer left such an impact to get all these parodies.

tbh my favorite is probably still (BGBW's?) idol everyone is here. Did the whole trailer and aligned the "shocking" character (snake) with miku and had echoes and everything

its the little touches

Status
Not open for further replies.