• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

If Travis Touchdown make his appearance in Smash Bros, in what form do you think he would shown upas

• Playable Character

Votes: 41 41.8%
  • Mii Costume

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • Part of Spirits Event

Votes: 19 19.4%
  • Not at all

Votes: 12 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I basically like Roshi as Jackie Chun rather than Roshi as Roshi; I think that's when he's an appealing character. I started to like him when I read the manga and got to the Jackie Chun arc. He fights Goku and deals with his pulling-powers-from-his-ass shonen hero bullshit solely to teach him healthy values and never admits to it because would break the illusion. He casually advises Nam on how to save his village after his hopes had seemingly been crushed by his defeat. He might have been strong enough to beat Tenshinhan but quits because his students don't need him to be in the role of the unreachable champion. He plays up his immortality to Tenshinhan in order to hide the fact that he's going to sacrifice himself to try to beat King Piccolo. That's emotional Dragonball right there.

I don't even think you need Roshi to be a creep in order to have a funny Roshi. He's old guy who tries to be cool but is just horribly out of date, plays up being old for sympathy despite being unable to die of old age, he's often irritable and not quite on the top of his game despite playing the old master role. There's a lot of opportunity for humor there.

Last edited:

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Alright, I'm understanding the Geno push for Character 7. Because it'd be weird if he were Character 8-11 with all the Mario stuff being pushed out right now.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Krillin definitely can.
Lunch drives a motorunicycle
we need at least 8 for Dragon Kart Z, there's gotta be more

I basically like Roshi as Jackie Chun rather than Roshi as Roshi; I think that's when he's an appealing character. I started to like him when I read the manga and got to the Jackie Chun arc. He fights Goku and deals with his pulling-powers-from-his-ass shonen hero bullshit solely to teach him healthy values and never admits to it because would break the illusion. He casually advises Nam on how to save his village after his hopes had seemingly been crushed by his defeat. He might have been strong enough to beat Tenshinhan but quits because his students don't need him to be in the role of the . He plays up his immortality to Tenshinhan in order to hide the fact that he's going to sacrifice himself to try to beat King Piccolo. That's emotional Dragonball right there.

I don't even think you need Roshi to be a creep in order to have a funny Roshi. He's old guy who tries to be cool but is just horribly out of date, plays up being old for sympathy despite being unable to die of old age, he's often irritable and not quite on the top of his game despite playing the old master role. There's a lot of opportunity for humor there.
considering the times, i can more or less see why Roshi turned out how he was. Raunchy comedy had become big in japan during the 80s and the old wise hermit turning out to be a lazy bastard who sits around reading nudie mags instead of meditating or whatever is the kind of punchline Toriyama would go for due to how Dragonball's humor tended to be. Part of why he works (in the manga) is that Roshi repeatedly demonstrates that he's more that his initial appearances by caring for his students and genuinely being a wise and perceptive person when it counts.

Last edited:

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
oh yeah, Gohan can drive
tumblr_p6mwag7u7x1wyhshj1q.gif

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
The Undertale concert is making me sad that we don't have a full playable rep. Sans is cool and all but I want a stage and everything.

Kris would probably be the most likely candidate.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Nintendo really were ballsy to advertise 3D All-Stars using the watermelon festival and sand bird on their Japanese Twitter.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Didn't someone over SEGA said that Cream wasn't playable in Team Sonic Racing because she's too young to drive? Yet Mario Kart and Nitro-Fueled had literal babies driving!

Heck.. Cream was playable in Riders, isn't it? That's way more extreme than just driving a car... (nevermind she was playable in Battle too..)

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
People rightfully complain about Pachinko and Sand Bird but this right here is without a doubt the most infuriating shine sprite in Sunshine.

616L9L3++VL._RI_.jpg

645711c06dd3b62d82d829b016250e90ab4a669f_hq.jpg

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
People rightfully complain about Pachinko and Sand Bird but this right here is without a doubt the most infuriating shine sprite in Sunshine.

616L9L3++VL._RI_.jpg

Yup. Hands down the worst. It wouldn't be nearly as bad if the level was better, but it's a shitty process to get to a shitty level.

Special mention of the watermelon festival too, though.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Goku can drive in the sense that he's been issued a license, but would you really trust him behind the wheel of your car?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018

616L9L3++VL._RI_.jpg

Well yeah, this is by far the worst thing in the game. A terrible way to access a terrible stage; not worth it if you aren't going for 120 Shines.

Can't wait for all of the innocent Sunshine newbies to think they have any chance of completing everything without a guide.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Oh, I guess we misread the theme of the tourney. It's no fighters with any projectiles period.

That list is a lot smaller than I thought it'd be, lol. Oh well, Puff and Ganondorf are in there, so this should be fun.

EDIT: Big News! We skipped a tourney number (this is 30, the previous one was 28)! Remember, there wasn't a tourney at all two weeks ago; wonder if they were anticipating the next fighter to release that week...

Last edited:

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Second timeshifted poll reminder (who would make the best platform fighter?).

Didn't someone over SEGA said that Cream wasn't playable in Team Sonic Racing because she's too young to drive? Yet Mario Kart and Nitro-Fueled had literal babies driving!

Heck.. Cream was playable in Riders, isn't it? That's way more extreme than just driving a car... (nevermind she was playable in Battle too..)
The thing is, hoverboards are currently unregulated in most countries, while there are reasons to assume UN is UN.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Oh, I guess we misread the theme of the tourney. It's no fighters with any projectiles period.

That list is a lot smaller than I thought it'd be, lol. Oh well, Puff and Ganondorf are in there, so this should be fun.

EDIT: Big News! We skipped a tourney number (this is 30, the previous one was 28)! Remember, there wasn't a tourney at all two weeks ago; wonder if they were anticipating the next fighter to release that week...
Chosen Undead's almost here!

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Wow at the big news!

...I don't know if that's good news or not? I suppose it implies there has been a delay of some sort but we don't know by how much.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
BREAKING FLASH: ResetERA insider MondoMega suggests Big the Cat cut from Fighter Pass 2, now only five fighters long

Serious mode: that doesn't tell us much about the new plan, does it. Not that it isn't something.

Status
Not open for further replies.