• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Whom do you think to become 7th character of Fighter Passes?

• Geno

Votes: 31 14.8%
  • 8th Gen Pokemon

Votes: 31 14.8%
  • Xenoblade 2's Rex and his blade(s)

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Crash

Votes: 40 19.0%
  • Master Chef

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Sora

Votes: 14 6.7%
  • Other (like Travis Touchdown, etc)

Votes: 58 27.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I did see this posted elsewhere that got Age of Calamity and Kirby Fighters 2 correct in July.

aMBVXqB.png

A week off with the release date for Kirby Fighters 2 but it does seem like Nintendo's release dates have been thrown around a lot and the HW one in combination with it seems to give it credence. Problem with those text leaks is that they're super easy to fake.
Though, if that really is how Geno gets added: Ha - I guess Squeenix really does not like playing ball.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I did see this posted elsewhere that got Age of Calamity and Kirby Fighters 2 correct in July.

aMBVXqB.png
It seems credible but I think Nomura or another KH figurehead said they didn't have other KH projects planned for Switch other than MoM and I don't see why they'd do a bonus DLC character now.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018

aMBVXqB.png
Huh

I mean, I want to call BS here as per usual, but uh, this is interesting. Geno being the next character but not Character 7 feels like it should sink this though, why would they announce six more fighters, release one, and then go "btw here's an extra that's not part of those six" that's just dumb.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Are you all forgetting that the news post stuff points towards a full Challenger Pack release, not a solo fighter?

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
this is the first time I've done a 120 stars run of Mario 64 in at least 15 years and let me tell ya

some of these stars are weak as hell

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It seems credible but I think Nomura or another KH figurehead said they didn't have other KH projects planned for Switch other than MoM and I don't see why they'd do a bonus DLC character now.

Hypothetically speaking, if this is true, then there's the possibility that perhaps the deal for a stage + music fell through, they just procured the rights for the character, and they already did considerable work on Geno, so they're adding just the character.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hypothetically speaking, if this is true, then there's the possibility that perhaps the deal for a stage + music fell through, they just procured the rights for the character, and they already did considerable work on Geno, so they're adding just the character.
I don't think they would go forward with developing any character for DLC unless they had full rights for them, a stage, and music locked in.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

aMBVXqB.png
This guy is thinking like me with regards to Geno. I always thought Geno would be a standalone character, but I wouldn't expect it until after the pass as one final bonus.

EDIT: Oh, it was a joke. Whoopsie! (No wonder you remembered my Geno prediction.)

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just made it to Jee Noh shrine in Breath of the Wild so there's something strange afoot

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure KT mentioned that they were waiting on Breath of the Wild before any discussion of a Hyrule Warriors 2 years ago.
If that's the case then a prediction for a BOTW themed Hyrule Warriors is even less impressive. They didn't even call it was a prequel or anything else. Just that it was more of a focus which could mean anything.

Plus predicting they would put out a small Kirby release in Fall is also a less impressive call when they did the same thing last year

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"BotW will be a huge focus" is exactly the sort of weirdly phrased BS (the sort that sounds plausible but is clearly wrong) that we would be latching onto as rock-solid evidence, bravo.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Impressive that people are still falling for that post. I myself fully believed it before catching on. It was expertly made considering how our minds work here on ERA and the discourse that normally happens here.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This single-handed mode in Kirby Fighters 2 has got to be based on some weird Japanese pun, right? Such a weird name for what's essentially arcade/classic mode

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
So, Fighters 2 has two Planet Robobot stages but no playable Susie.

Don't fail me now post-launch updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.