• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What character's reveal are you expecting to see at E3?

• Dragon Quest Character

Votes: 140 26.4%
  • Banjo

Votes: 291 54.9%
  • Other Character (Not Banjo or Dragon Quest)

Votes: 99 18.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Here's the image that they had posted:

lYCx51o.jpg

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How about this for a hypothetical to drag us away from mario names and dobson: Assist Trophy Upgrade pass

Which of the 5 current assist trophies in the game would you upgrade? Sure even TV Game, why not. And for fun, what stage would you bring with them?

Mine would be:
  1. Ashley. Stage would be Wario Ware Gold's wario stadium with cameos from assorted characters, wario deluxe messes with the stage a bunch.
  2. Midna. Stage would be based on the Twilight Realm dungeon. There'd be those creepy wall masters, rising platforms, darkness that comes in & out and affects what is/isn't activated. Mayeb a gimmick where someone can get light powers?
  3. Spring Man. I'd like the lab stage, but it'd probably be his default one.
  4. Krystal. Stage would probably be the temple from the start of the game. Since that's the one where you actually play as krystal
  5. And finally...of course..the one the only......Starfy. Everyone's favorite character! I think a more generic stage based on series assets would work fine.
1. Ashley. Dunno about a stage.
2. Bomberman. Classic Bomerman Maze.
3. Knuckles. Sky Sanctuary or Pumpkin Hill.
4. Midna. Twilight Realm.
5. Spring Man. Sky Arena.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Aw man, I want my spirit collection to be completed sooner. At least the Peachette event is still fairly soon.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
How about this for a hypothetical to drag us away from mario names and dobson: Assist Trophy Upgrade pass

Which of the 5 current assist trophies in the game would you upgrade? Sure even TV Game, why not. And for fun, what stage would you bring with them?

Mine would be:
  1. Ashley. Stage would be Wario Ware Gold's wario stadium with cameos from assorted characters, wario deluxe messes with the stage a bunch.
  2. Midna. Stage would be based on the Twilight Realm dungeon. There'd be those creepy wall masters, rising platforms, darkness that comes in & out and affects what is/isn't activated. Mayeb a gimmick where someone can get light powers?
  4. Krystal. Stage would probably be the temple from the start of the game. Since that's the one where you actually play as krystal
  5. And finally...of course..the one the only......Starfy. Everyone's favorite character! I think a more generic stage based on series assets would work fine.

1. Shovel Knight - The Explodatorium
2. Spring Man - Spring Stadium
3. Waluigi - Waluigi Pinball
4. Bomberman - I was going to do an Arena, but that's similar to Spring Stadium... Maybe the base that Bomberman Hero starts in? If nothing else, to make sure we get Bomberman Hero music
5. Isaac - Venus Lighthouse? Mercury Lighthouse? I actually want Knuckles, Akira, Callie & Marie, or Dillon more going off of the characters' merits, but my friends really want Isaac & their happiness is more important to me than getting Akira just so I can butcher yelling "Jūnen hayainda yo!" if I won with him.

getting Dillon opens the door for this guy
u84pZQ3.png

Nomad is too cool of a character design to just be a late-game assist character in a tower defense series. And I liked the first Dillon game. Did Nomad even show up in Dead Heat Breakers?

I don't think we're gonna get a Dungeons & Dragons rep.

I disagree, & I feel you would, too, if you saw my personal D&D character. His name is Trantor, Sword of the Goddess Kalibur, & he is a Lv. 12 Lawful Good Half-Orc Battlemaster. Allow me to regale you with his backstory, which I have printed on these 41 pages. Maybe after you hear all of it & some of his in-game feats, you & Mr. Sakurai-san will agree that he deserves to be in Smash Bros.

Last edited:

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who do I have to bug to make the second season pass's theme be "AT Upgrades" cuz legit a lot of them would be amazing as fighters

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018

Mine would be:
Alright, let's see...

1. Bomberman - Poor guy only missed the boat because Simon and Castlevania took priority, which is understandable, but he definitely is next in line for a Konami rep. Throw in a classic Bomber Maze stage with destructible blocks, and you're all set.
2. Isaac - Yeah, for all of the dedication his fans have had, I'd be more than willing to give this to them, they've earned it. Venus Lighthouse is an obvious pick for a stage too.
3. Samurai Goroh - With him, the Melee intro cameo squad will finally be complete, and we get to give F-Zero a second character as a bonus. Plus, we can bring back my most wanted stage, Melee Mute City.
4. Skull Kid - As much as I want Impa to be our next Zelda rep, she's admittedly better off as echo materical than proper unique rep. Skull Kid is a much better fit for that, easily being the most iconic Zelda character not on the roster with plenty of Majora-ful moveset potential. Seeing Clock Town in HD as a new stage would be an incredible bonus.
5. Sukapon - The retro rep we deserved, I'm personally just happy Sukapon got a reference at all, but I'd upgrade the guy in a heartbeat if given the chance. Stage is a bit tricky, but any of the ones from Joy Mech Fight work with some fiddling.

Zarzolaon

Mar 16, 2018
OH
I usually forget Knuckles is also an AT.

And as much as I used to want Shovel Knight, I lost interest in that idea after the other campaigns came around.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Well no, you're thinking to small.

The FIGHTERS will be the gacha element. Third-Party characters are all UR, so good luck trying to play as Cloud.
No, you're thinking too small. The spirits will be the fighters, just like how they are your opponents in World of Light. You'll probably find some sort of Cloud pretty soon, but good luck finding one that sets the stage on fire and comes with a good set of Assist Trophies while not having a gimped recovery.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
A Mobile Smash probably would have gameplay heavily simplified anyway. It could end up with a larger roster eventually due to having smaller movesets and such.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
give smash mobile exclusive characters from mobile games, like Granblue Fantasy, Darth Vader, and the new Castlevania protagonist

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
A Mobile Smash probably would have gameplay heavily simplified anyway. It could end up with a larger roster eventually due to having smaller movesets and such.
You just know that the next console game in the series, people would be demanding veteran fighters "Orange Yoshi" and "Goron Tunic Link" come back for the next game, despite them just being recolored clones added for gacha purposes.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I will be first in line to demand that Orange Yoshi and Goron Tunic Link return for Smash Bros Ultimate Switch 2 Edition after their amazing appearances in Super Smash Bros Tour for iOS and Android Devices.

MoopMan

Apr 8, 2019
Nope. I don't agree with the picture or the lines. I think you should merge the modern DK and DK Jr squares since they are the same person.

It's all lifted from information given to us in the games.

-Cranky is the original Kong that kidnapped Pauline/Lady
-Jr is Cranky's son
-Current DK is Cranky's grandson

You can disagree but you'd be ignoring canon.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Heihachi, Akira, Jacky and Gil Mii costumes will arrive with Haruka Amami cos they're all arcade game reps.

Suddenly Mii costume theory makes sense!

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
It's all lifted from information given to us in the games.

-Cranky is the original Kong that kidnapped Pauline/Lady
-Jr is Cranky's son
-Current DK is Cranky's grandson

You can disagree but you'd be ignoring canon.
There is no "canon" to Donkey Kong lol

Things have changed almost every game regarding who the Kongs are, and random stuff like the Mario vs DK games make everything confusing.

Nintendo seems to have it now where Jr doesn't exist, DK is DK and has always been DK (even in the arcade) and Cranky is DK's grandfather, but that's it, he's not the original DK.

DKCR was basically a reboot of the series, cleaning up Rare's mess of characters and poor attempt at some kind of lore. Everything is simpler, now.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo started cloning DK Jr as seen in games like Game & Watch Gallery and Mario Kart (seen in the audience).

But obviously something went wrong and they decided to destroy all evidence of this.

When they brought back Waluigi Stadium for Mario Kart Wii DK Jr was nowhere to be seen and Smash never references the Game & Watch Gallery games despite Mr. Game & Watch being around since Melee.

It's a conspiracy!

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I had another dream relating to Smash at E3, & this one is a weird one.

During some pre-E3 interview, they let slip that character codename "Robin" would be revealed during E3 & that his (yes, they said he) was a collaboration with Disney (it was Sora, as most of us expected). When asked about "Brave", the reps said he was close to completion & that he'd be revealed at EVO. I'm still trying to figure out what connection there was between "Robin" & Sora in my mind.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
The existence of the Mario vs. Donkey Kong series suggests to me that there's just one Donkey Kong, and the obvious explanation for all of this timeline/family tree nonsense is that these are only video games. The lore is as fluid as Nintendo wants it to be.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The existence of the Mario vs. Donkey Kong series suggests to me that there's just one Donkey Kong, and the obvious explanation for all of this timeline/family tree nonsense is that these are only video games. The lore is as fluid as Nintendo wants it to be.
Weird, as pretty much all of the DKC games run with the fact that OG DK = Cranky Kong. If anything, the Mario vs. Donkey Kong games could just be our current DK finishing what Cranky Kong started.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
DK is DK and has always been DK
Diddy is DK's best buddy, not related to him in any way
Dixie is Diddy's girlfriend
Cranky is DK's grandfather
Funky Kong is a friend of the Kongs who aides them when needed (and is secretly the strongest Kong)
Candy, K Rool, Swanky, Lanky, etc do not exist anymore until they appear in a post DKC:R game
DK Jr doesn't exist and nobody knows who DK's father is, or if he even has one
Any story elements from before DKC:R are irrelevant and no longer matter, including Jungle Beat, EXCEPT for the original Donkey Kong and Mario vs Donkey Kong
Pauline was never a romantic interest for Mario, they are just friends

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
DK is DK and has always been DK
Diddy is DK's best buddy, not related to him in any way
Dixie is Diddy's girlfriend
Cranky is DK's grandfather
Funky Kong is a friend of the Kongs who aides them when needed (and is secretly the strongest Kong)
Candy, K Rool, Swanky, Lanky, etc do not exist anymore until they appear in a post DKC:R game
DK Jr doesn't exist and nobody knows who DK's father is, or if he even has one
Any story elements from before DKC:R are irrelevant and no longer matter, including Jungle Beat, EXCEPT for the original Donkey Kong and Mario vs Donkey Kong
Pauline was never a romantic interest for Mario, they are just friends
So basically King K. Rool never existed?

Status
Not open for further replies.