• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What character's reveal are you expecting to see at E3?

• Dragon Quest Character

Votes: 140 26.4%
  • Banjo

Votes: 291 54.9%
  • Other Character (Not Banjo or Dragon Quest)

Votes: 99 18.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What would be your reactions if Peachette was actually a Fighter's Spirit and she's a DLC echo?

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
What would be your reactions if Peachette was actually a Fighter's Spirit and she's a DLC echo?
Depends on what the hell the neutral special is.

If it transforms Peachette back into Toadette who is smaller takes the whole knockback but zero percentage damge I'm sold.

If she brings a Toad/Toadette I'm less sold than Wii U stock in 2012.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be interested to see how they'd do echo stacking with a character with two echoes

Also I'd lol that Toadette was playable before Waluigi or Captain Toad

I hope we don't get Peachette, but I think it's something interesting to consider. I'd rather have Toadette actually playable herself rather than her show up as a Peach expy that was introduced a few months ago to make Peach "playable" in NSMBU.

Plus I think there would be more exciting echo options and she was just chosen for marketing.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Broke:bowsette dlc

Woke:warioette dlc
Nu7mH0q.jpg

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe we've hit peak internet for the day and it isn't even 10:00 A.M. where I live.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
As long as I can at least get a Skyward Sword Impa-inspired alt color; fine.
latest
I love her so much and want her so bad, but it's a pipe dream at this point. I'll happily take SS Impa if offered. Impa (Sheik), Proto Man (Mega Man), and Ms. Pac-Man (Pac-Man) is my echo fighter pack.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
I love her so much and want her so bad, but it's a pipe dream at this point. I'll happily take SS Impa if offered. Impa (Sheik), Proto Man (Mega Man), and Ms. Pac-Man (Pac-Man) is my echo fighter pack.

I'd add in Medusa (Palutena) MAYBE Viridi if they can make it work despite the height difference and Octoling (Inking) for a nice "even" 5 to match up with the Fighter Pack

Have we done a thought out Echo Pack wishlist yet? I'm mostly curious if anyone has any ideas that hadn't been considered yet.

-5 characters.
-Has to be same, already represented franchise (no Blaze the Cat as a Zelda Echo)
-Can't be an Echo of a character that already has an Echo (No Peachette as a Peach Echo because we already have Daisy)

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'd add in Medusa (Palutena) MAYBE Viridi if they can make it work despite the height difference and Octoling (Inking) for a nice "even" 5 to match up with the Fighter Pack

Have we done a thought out Echo Pack wishlist yet? I'm mostly curious if anyone has any ideas that hadn't been considered yet.

-5 characters.
-Has to be same, already represented franchise (no Blaze the Cat as a Zelda Echo)
-Can't be an Echo of a character that already has an Echo (No Peachette as a Peach Echo because we already have Daisy)

I specifically picked 3 because it makes the CSS and perfect rectangle after the fighters pass.

CzJfhbo.png

Green question mark is the echo placeholder.

Dymaxion

Sep 19, 2018

-5 characters.

Impa (Shiek)
Celica (Robin)
Funky Kong (Donkey Kong)
Hector (Ike)
Medusa (Palutena)

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Dry Bowser (Bowser)
Medusa (Palutena)
Tharja (Robin)
Octoling (Inkling)
Malos (Shulk) (in a fantasy world where XB2 got a character lol)

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018

-5 characters.
We've done a few Echo pack wishlists here before. I'll just list the Echoes I would like to see (some crazy and out there, and some more sane) since I don't really have a preference for five in particular.
  • 04Ɛ - Funky Kong
  • 10Ɛ - Ninten
  • 14Ɛ - Dry Bowser
  • 14Ɛ - Midbus
  • 16Ɛ - Impa
  • 27Ɛ - Morpho Knight (since Galacta and DMK are seemingly off-limits)
  • 38Ɛ - Blaze
  • 54Ɛ - Medusa
  • 57Ɛ - Malos
  • 63Ɛ - Jeanne
  • 64Ɛ - Octoling

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Impa (Sheik)
Hilda (Zelda)
Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong)
Medusa (Palutena)
Crow (Joker)
Celica (Robin)
Jeanne (Bayonetta)
Octoling (Inkling)
Ms. Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
Roll (Mega Man)
Liquid (Snake)

Gimme any of these.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
tired: echo pack
wired: echo roster

EVERY ECHO IS HERE BOYS LET'S GO
  1. Shadow Mario: He fires paint out of the dark fludd
  2. Funky Kong: He has a slightly straighter stance and his spinning kong now incorporates a surfboard hitbox
  3. The skeletal hero of time: He has the TP boomerang, bombgs & hookshot. He's from the Wii version so they dnt have to reanimated everything
  4. Samus already has Dark Samus
  5. Birdo: Egg Throw is a straight line instead of a curved arc, but you can still aim it. Boy I hope that suction instead of a tongue would work
  6. Retro Kirby: Full of adventure-era sound effects and movement style that slightly tweaks hitboxes
  7. Miyu from SF2
  8. Uh uh uh uh uhhhh Detective Pikachu, he has a slower run, electric effect removed from his standard moves, just accept he hast o have thunder jolt & thunder and move on
  9. Dr. Luigi: Just like Luigi but he fires L Pills in a straight line and he has normal traction
  10. Paula: Her forward smash is the frying pan. I'll also accept Poo who uses his sword for it.
  11. They really should have had Blood Falcon to begin with, honestly. Darkness instead of Fire, maybe steal Ganondorf's up special
  12. Uhhhhhh i-igglybuff, but bigger? They can differ the specials a bit (shorter range, deeper sleep? bigger flower on rest?). I was going to say Clefairy but Jigglypuff's big feet ruin everything
  13. Peach has Daisy
  14. Dry Bowser: Blue fire doesn't go as far, ignores foot stools, there's options
  15. Technically the partner has a few different properties on their moves. Like forward air meteor smashes. Can we do something with this. Could we make them solo?! Because there are really no other options here unless we want the western topis to suddenly have hammers and pair up and try mapping to all their animations.
  16. Impa: Preferably skyward sword (add some light properties to moves) but OoT Impa also works (add some dark properties to moves)
  17. Hilda: Dour zelda. PLEASE give her Nayru's Rejection. Darkness instead of light
  18. Metal Mario: Swap those pills for fireballs and call it a day. Also imo but metal mario should play the SM64 metal theme when he gets an invincibility star
  19. Plusle/Minun are probably the closest to Pichu in proportion (with some minimal edits). Have the other show up in the final smash. I think you'd have to keep the recoil otherwise they'd just be better Pichu, sadly, unless they did some more finetuning on the moveset
  20. Were there really no other birds in this series....I guses anyone semi notable from star fox could work but you'd just have to play makebelieve on all the wing & beak moves. A real sqaure peg situation here
  21. Marth has Lucina
  22. NES Link. The arrows aren't on fire and are launched in a straight line like Pit/Dark Pit.YL was origianlly supposed to be a stand in for the earlier "younger" links so I think it'd fit. Use some NES era music
  23. Black Shadow Demise. Add an electric effect to his sword attacks if nothing else
  24. Armored Mewtwo, thank you for existing.
  25. Roy has Chrom
  26. Mrs. Game & Watch? I mean we already made this up anyway so....maybe she wouldn't transform? May mess with a lot of hitboxes, though. Hm.
  27. Galacta Knight, death to costumes. Morpho knight can also work too, I guess.
  28. Pit has Dark Pit
  29. Young Army Samus. Has a normal jumping animation instead of that weird double jump spread.
  30. Promote the overalls to their own slot and replace the wario bike with the wario car.
  31. The Boss (there's plenty of minro alterations to have on her explsoives and maybe grabs) or MGS2 Raiden (cartwheel dash attack).
  32. Greil comes to mind, but any FE Lord with a big sword could work, really. Have you seen Alm's falchion? it's absurd. Get rid of the fire attack from Eruption
  33. So straight up I think an echo for Trainer would just echo the trainer, not the actual 3 characters. So now they're Professor Oak or the Let's Go Trainers or Blue or something. Have them send Pokemon out in a different order & maybe they don't switch Pokemon on a KO. But fine, Squirtle could become someone like Oshawott (they're roughly similar shape, replace withdraw with surf) or...shrink down wartortle, I guess..
  34. Bulbasaur (but bigger) is about all they can do with this, sadly
  35. Mega Charizard: Fire is blue, fly is now dragon rush, tweak some other aspects of the specials
  36. Dixie, I guess. She's the only other Kong who actually has Diddy's proportions so...
  37. Claus gets the costume upgrade. More cocky than Lucas. Give him Ness's PK fire, I say. Replace PK Freeze with PK Love (same hitbox, but doesn't freeze. Little stronger)
  38. Upgrade that assist trophy, Shadow. Think they'd give him a Teleport? Might be too different from the spring. Different run animation for sure, at least. Final Smash should be bayonetta's but instead of a demon it's like...kung foo...?
  39. Masked Dedede's kind of boring so how about Shadow Masked Dedede or Clone Dedede or Dark Mind Dedede or Dark Matter Dedede....There's lots of tweaks you can do with those attacks without changing him completely. Different angles ,gratuitous spins, trhwoing something other than gordos, different trajectories on the projectile...
  40. #justiceforalph
  41. Mega Lucario. His aura is static throughout the match, but obviously weaker than Lucario at max aura. Maybe just always at neutral aura? So Lucario has a stronger end game but weaker start.
  42. Classic ROB, who actually looks fairly different. Please make him photo realistic
  43. Tetra. Uses Light Arrows and her shield (based on the phantom) is a little bigger so its easier for her to deflect projectiles. Final Smash acn also be triforce of wisdom, why not.
  44. Panther? Add some rose petal flourishes if nothing else
  45. I suppose pre-NL Tom Nook is close enough but he does still lack hands & feet. Horn hat (cone hat) Villager to go with my other "oh god I cant think of anything" retro picks?
  46. Protoman or Bass are the obvious picks (and they can switch up specials as needed) but I'd like Roll....
  47. Wii Fit U Trainer. Can send the ball at different angles, tweak something about Deep Breathing too
  48. Rosalina is so tied to being Rosalina my only recourse is the Cosmic Guide
  49. I think Doc Louis has too much of a different body to work. Glass Joe would be a little closer? Make him a joke where the KO meter means he can be KO'd just as much as he can KO the opponent
  50. Ash Greninja. Replace the substitute counter with a water barrier counter, strengthen but slow dwon water shurikens and make his final smash a super water shuriken
  51. If you think about it aren't Miis their own echo fighter
  52. Like think about it mannnnn
  53. wild
  54. Medusa. Replace autoreticle with some eye beams, darkness or flame pillars on other attacks, tweak the range and epxlosion of explosive flame, steal giga bowser's final smash
  55. Mrs. Pac-Man. I'm eyeballing the neutral special for some new references and ordering
  56. Morgan. Can we just give them a Silver sword that's the average of the bronze & levin swords? They charge magic faster but burn through charges quicker?
  57. Malos I guess.
  58. Pick a Koopaling as the leader and make them an echo so Bowser Jr can have alt colors. The wands are already like half way there, just add some lightning hitboxes
  59. .........I. Don't know. I do not know what you can do here. A 2D retro duck hunt would be a lot of work for a joke echo. ???
  60. Ryu has Ken
  61. Zack
  62. Corrin is really in Rosalina's situation here. And Kana is half his height. I GUESS Anankos could maybe sort of work in theory but...Yeah I got nothing.
  63. Jeanne. I think in the actual games she's sort of hard mode bayonetta but bayonetta is currently already hard mode so maybe just be a Daisy-like echo instead
  64. Octolings. Make the roller the octobrush (faster, weaker, but buries for less if at all) and replace the forward smash with a splatbrella (reskin villager/isabelle's umbrella attack). Final smash should be Marina's hyperbombs
  65. Upgrade Metaridley and change the plasma balls to blaster shots from his mouth from Prime
  66. Simon has Richter
  67. Baron K Rool. The pirate hat will shift the hitboxes of the crown stuff
  68. Lottie. Basically just a visual change, but maybe the lloid rocket can launch at an angle instead of straight up, and lacks multihit properties?
  69. ...machamp...machoke? Similar build, both wrestlers, just dont have Revenge be a burst of fire and change the final smash.
  70. dry piranha plant. Poison takes an eternity to charge up but is even more potent
  71. well honestly i think Kasumi could still work. Joker's sword is already huge as-is. Akechi could also work, I suppose.
*dabs brow* alright that will be $70 and force the css to be the size of ants

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Now that classic Kirby is canon again, they should be in Smash. Dump Kirby's old moveset onto Kirb, and give modern Kirby a bit of a refresh.
latest

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I figure Awakening Tiki would work as a Corrin Echo

latest

Just change the water/electric effects for fire
Corrin (& Kana) are the only characters who transform like he does. Basically his entire moveset is lifted from his elaborate critical animation.

THe only reason I list Anankos (despite being a WILDLY different looking dragon) is because he's the father. And even then it doesn't really work since his only human design is a cloaked appearance so...

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Lord Fredrik is the true K.Rool echo, no body armor mechanic but he still got that gut, blunderbuss is the big horn and fires out an ice ball instead, up B is being pulled upwards by hootz with pointy viking hats to replace propeller hitbox

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
there is a part of my soul that wanted Mega Charizard X to be its own roster slot just to inherit Charizard's down B and truly bring everything back.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Rhythm Heaven Wrestler as an Incineroar echo. Every pose is accompanied by camera flashes and "yeah" or "GRAAAAAH!" and the reporter pops out for taunts and certain attacks. FS is exactly the same, but in a RH inspired arena and the reporter yells "WOAH! You go, big guy!"

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Lord Fredrik is the true K.Rool echo, no body armor mechanic but he still got that gut, blunderbuss is the big horn and fires out an ice ball instead, up B is being pulled upwards by hootz with pointy viking hats to replace propeller hitbox
I see your elaborate ruse to incorporate more owls into Smash Bros

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
For Echo Fighter predictions, my rule of thumb is to check if a character has a Spirit Battle in Ultimate, and to see if that Spirit Battle uses the fighter that character would be an echo for. As an example:
  • Ninten is represented by Ness
  • Dry Bowser is represented by Bowser
  • Impa is represented by Sheik
  • Medusa is represented by Palutena
  • Shadow and Metal Sonic are both represented by Sonic
  • Jeanne is represented by Bayonetta
  • Octolings are represented by Inklings
and the list goes on. That self-imposed rule does destroy one of my most-wanted echoes (Blaze over Sonic, as she is repped by Robin), but this does seem like a pretty good measure to use if it's available for the character.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Here ya go

NEWCOMER: Erdrick [Dragon Quest]
ECHO: Dixie Kong [Donkey Kong]
NEWCOMER: Jill [Resident Evil]
ECHO: Chris [Resident Evil]
ECHO: Medusa [Kid Icarus]
NEWCOMER: Master Chief [Halo]
NEWCOMER: Banjo & Kazooie

Chris is an echo of Jill. Dixie is an echo of Diddy with several moves borrowed from DK (ponytail ground pound, ponytail helicopter, ponytail grab 'n carry). Medusa is a Palutena clone with her other customs from Smash 4.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
What's wrong with Incineroar? I meant you are a wrestling fan and it should be right in your area.

AWiTDzb.gif
It's about diversity in gaming. Nocturnowl is an owl and feels underrepresented in videogames. It's already difficult enough for him to manipulate a gamepad using his wings. He just wants to play as a character who's feathered, like him. Falco was a start.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
It's about diversity in gaming. Nocturnowl is an owl and feels underrepresented in videogames. It's already difficult enough for him to manipulate a gamepad using his wings. He just wants to play as a character who's feathered, like him. Falco was a start.

Okay, then people want more Fire Emblem representative then I must suggest Feh from Fire Emblem Heroes

tumblr_inline_p8j3iyKlYx1uxrldp_540.png

Incineroar is the *checks notes* X-Pac of Smash Bros.

sRruUsx.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.