• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What character's reveal are you expecting to see at E3?

• Dragon Quest Character

Votes: 140 26.4%
  • Banjo

Votes: 291 54.9%
  • Other Character (Not Banjo or Dragon Quest)

Votes: 99 18.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
V6LP5f1.png

Since we are jumping from a thread to another thread to discuss about potential DLC so I presume that it's a time for us to trying to get us a home where we could discuss about future contents.

Currently Piranha Plant and Joker are out for us to purchase so we are still waiting to find out those four characters that would take their places in Fighter Pass. Our next hype stop would be at E3 for sure so it's quite exciting for us to find out who would be second character and potentially third character if we are lucky. Also there is a detail that specifically confirmed that we are getting more Mii Costumes as part of their DLC plans. Our previous question was; Are we going to get more contents than we are expecting? Beyond Mii Costumes and Fighters Pass? Yes, we did. We got Stage Builder and Share Function (where we would download stages, mii fighters, etc online.) Some fans are still hopeful that we would get more mode(s) in the future updates.

zF5thF0.png

QYIlDAD.png

It's a season pass for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate which will contains all five planned DLC packs. Those DLC packs each come with a fighter, a new stage and additional music tracks. You could save 5 dollars overall by purchasing the Fighter Pass, which costs $24.99 USD. However, if you aren't comfortable paying upfront, especially without knowing the details of the DLC contents, then each pack individually can be bought for $5.99. As an additional bonus, if you get the Fighter Pass then you will obtain a free Xenoblade 2's Rex Mii Costume.

m2ilQHE.png

WfK0Mil.gif

RUMORS

There are multiple rumors about Downloadable contents but I urge you to take it with grains of salts. Nothing sets in stone until Nintendo 100% confirmed those details or the leaks itself is somehow very convincing with reliable access to images or/and video. I guess there is only reliable information we had on second downloadable character which had a codename which named as Brave. Most common guesses around here is that they strongly believe that Brave is a main character named Erdrick from Dragon Quest franchise.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Just in time for the new thread, I found this amazing leak. Seems legit to me, but what do you guys think?
Hi guys, CoolLeaker23 here with the up-to-date scoop on upcoming additions to Smash Ultimate. The Smash team have really listened to what the fans want, and they are really going to deliver with the future content updates. Here's what i've heard from my secret source at Epic Games:
  • 4.0 is coming in June. It'll feature Erdrick from Dragon Quest, as many people have expected. We'll also be getting new Stadium modes, such as Home-Run Contest, Target Smash and Boss Battles.
  • 5.0 is coming in August. In it, we'll see the Microsoft rep that everyone has been talking about: Voodoo Vince. Alongside him, Special Orders from Smash 4 will be returning.
  • I'm not sure about the release dates for the final two updates, but 6.0 will release before the end of 2019. People might be mad about this one, but we'll actually be getting a second Square Enix rep in the Fighters Pass, one that was originally a very popular western IP: Gex. No new modes for this patch, sadly. Instead, the entire Games & More menu is erased.
  • 7.0 is the big one. Literally, since we'll be getting Divine Beast Vah Ruta as our long-requested Zelda rep. The update with also add a popular mode that people want back in Smash: Smash Tour. As a final thank you from Sakurai, your save data will be erased immediately if you ever try to play that filthy western request Ridley
You may not believe me right now. but you'll all see eventually.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I want something from Dragon Quest to be in which is why it won't happen

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna say it. Erdrick wont be the next DLC Fighter.

To be honest, I'm kind of hoping this is the case.

Well, not that I'm against Erdrick or DQ being in or anything like that, I just hope they're not planning for him to be their big E3 reveal this year. That'd honestly be kinda...awkward for western audiences. I feel like considering that last year's big reveal was Ridley, who was by far the most requested character in the west by that point, Nintendo has some understanding of their audiences here.

So yeah, if there's only going to be one reveal at E3, then please just save Erdrick for like the September Direct this year or something.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
To be honest, I'm kind of hoping this is the case.

Well, not that I'm against Erdrick or DQ being in or anything like that, I just hope they're not planning for him to be their big E3 reveal this year. That'd honestly be kinda...awkward for western audiences. I feel like considering that last year's big reveal was Ridley, who was by far the most requested character in the west by that point, Nintendo has some understanding of their audiences here.

So yeah, if there's only going to be one reveal at E3, then please just save Erdrick for like the September Direct this year or something.
I just feel.

Why not release him close to DQXI Switch? Would be perfect.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am deeply hurt the OT wasn't "Is that Kirby?" "He's got a gun!"

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I was away for a few hours so why did the sudden Toadette love come in today?

Guaranteed Echo Fighter for Toad or Captain Toad.
Toadette was just a silly idea that popped in my head today after reading the Mario Maker 2 release date thread and realizing that she's kinda a rising star and Nintendo has been pushing her really hard lately.

It's not like she actually has a chance, but she has been getting a lot of attention lately from Nintendo. Even more than Toad.

Maybe the Peachette spirit was accidentally put in the files too early, and it's actually meant for Toadette's DLC spirit board haha

Kinanza

Jun 25, 2018
The DQ rep very well may be the Luminary due to the recent release, the Celestrian due to being in the most sold game in the series, or Erdrick due to being in the most popular game in the series.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna say it. Erdrick wont be the next DLC Fighter.

Yeah that's my prediction too. Nintendo chose this dlc characters and let's not forget they also requested Nomura and Square for an exclusive KH game for 3DS (Iwata Asks). They'd definitely want a more iconic character that everyone could spell his name right: Sora.

Not Edr... Erick? erdirk... Ed... Whatever his name is.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's my prediction too. Nintendo chose this dlc characters and let's not forget they also requested Nomura and Square for an exclusive KH game for 3DS (Iwata Asks). They'd definitely want a more iconic character that everyone could spell his name right: Sora.

Dragon Quest is kind of a big deal in its home of Japan, and Nintendo has a vested interest now in making the series popular in the West.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

You're right why would Nintendo want to promote Dragon Quest?
DQXI-Switch-Logo_09-23-18.jpg

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017

Nintendo is far more interested in DQ. One of the biggest series in Japan and a series they've personally tried to make popular in the West.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia

You know what Nintendo also does? Publish Dragon Quest games themselves in the West.

Also Sora isn't owned by Square, they need to go up to Disney for that.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York

Nintendo is obsessed with trying to make Dragon Quest work in the west. They have been for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.