• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What character's reveal are you expecting to see at E3?

• Dragon Quest Character

Votes: 140 26.4%
  • Banjo

Votes: 291 54.9%
  • Other Character (Not Banjo or Dragon Quest)

Votes: 99 18.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Sakurai crushed my dreams with Marx (but I guess the boss was a bit cool) so i'm giving all of my Kirby rep support to Susie. Smash needs a mech fighter eventually!

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
This is an honest issue:
1554507407074.png
Imagine if Mario Odyssey & Breath of the Wild had no content in Smash except couple of Jpegs & ripped sounds.

Only Wario Land can stand up to this level of BS.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
How about some good characters from unrepped series! Like - Rhythm Heaven, Style Savvy or Rusty's Real Deal Baseball.

rustyslugger01-620x350.jpg

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
in a more just world, our mech character would be Red from Solatorobo.

Altered

Oct 25, 2017
I remember when bowser jr supporters thought his paint brush would save him from being a bowser clone.

lol he barely made the cut...

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Do you want Bandanna Dee, or do you want a Kirby character and the best option would be Bandanna Dee?

Because those are two very different things to me.

I like Dee. He's cute and the idea of a small character with a ranged melee weapon like that would be fun.

I also don't think it matters either way though. People can want characters for any reason they want.

Tye

Oct 27, 2017
The DQXI hero also gains the title of Erdrick, so that name works for both characters. I'm personally only expecting to see III and XI represented anyway.
It works, but is that something they'd really do? From what I've read in this thread before, the fact that XI's Hero gains the title Erdrick is apparently a "huge" spoiler, which, if true, seems like something they wouldn't spoil so blatantly in Smash. But maybe the "hugeness" of the spoiler is overstated (which I hope is the case, because I'm planning on playing Dragon Quest XI on Switch and it'd suck if I've already had one of the biggest reveals in the game spoiled for me thanks to Smash Bros. speculation).

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I remember when bowser jr supporters thought his paint brush would save him from being a bowser clone.

lol he barely made the cut...
Well, they were more than right; he didn't even need the paintbrush to be unique. The Koopalings made it worth the decision to make him the last unique newcomer for the Smash 4 base roster.

I like Dee. He's cute and the idea of a small character with a ranged melee weapon like that would be fun.

I also don't think it matters either way though. People can want characters for any reason they want.
Really, yeah. If people want to legitimately support Bandana Dee, just let them do it. A cute little spear user has enough there to warrant having supporters, so there isn't any need to berate them for liking a character they like.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
ROB's eyes were weird because they had emotion but there was a glitch that prevented them from being used
400px-SSB4WiiU-Rob_Unused_Expressions.gif

And they never fixed it
ROB's eyes worked on the 3DS (always) and also Smash Wii U 1.0.0

The first patch broke ROB's eyes after he used his entrance animation, so they worked in any mode without an entrance animation
Speaking of unfixed glitches, is Yoshi's Story just never getting the food removed from item-less matches? It's really ridiculous at this point.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have any people deep in the Bowser Jr stanning trenches? I'm curious how common the idea of Bowser Jr using the clown car was, if at all. Seems like an idea that never really bubbled to the surface, I think even those pre-reveal smash rosters people threw together usually used NSMBDS or Sunshine renders.

When we were first hearing about it I was like "what no way"
and now, you can barely see him without it!

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Galaxy started Bowser Jr. with mechs, NMSB Wii & U also heavily featured it. Its also neat reference to World and also allowed Koopalings in. I'd say it was way more interesting than Bowser semi-clone with few Paint brush swipes.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Do we have any people deep in the Bowser Jr stanning trenches? I'm curious how common the idea of Bowser Jr using the clown car was, if at all. Seems like an idea that never really bubbled to the surface, I think even those pre-reveal smash rosters people threw together usually used NSMBDS or Sunshine renders.

I feel like Bowser Jr support was slightly bigger in the Brawl Times, before he'd ever been anywhere near a Clown Car

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017

The big element of me not getting it was that the initial leak stated he was in a "Mario Kart" (which to be fair it kinda is). The moment that either this got clarified or leaked it made perfect sense to me, fairly more than the paintbrush based stuff.

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018
Yeah, most Jr. speculation revolved around him using the paintbrush so it was a surprise for everyone when he ended up in a Clown Car instead. People were pretty confident he was next in line for a Mario rep, which is why Rosalina threw so many for a loop. It wouldn't be until the ESRB leak that we found out we got both at once.

Still wish Jr. used his paintbrush instead of a generic hammer for that handful of moves, like how the other Koopalings use their wands now.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
All I know is that the next animal crossing character that gets into smash better be this fucking guy or I'm starting a riot:

84-846274_hamlet-clipart-laertes-kk-slider-animal-crossing-png.png
Who's gonna replace him in Smashville and Town & City on Saturday nights while he's fighting? Dr. Shrunk's comedy night?

They could add Gooey and then we could pretend that Slime is in and have hilarious screenshots of Erdrick vs Gooey that I'm sure wouldn't get old after 5 minutes
oie_yx73r2d2uudd-gif.139815
Gooey can be a Kirby echo where the only difference is a tongue gobble instead of an inhale. Gooey can manipulate his body to emulate all of Kirby's attacks.

I never asked for Bowser Jr., but when I saw his gameplay, he became the character I never knew I wanted.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
While the overall execution was messy in the long run, I do think the Koopa Clown Car concept for Jr. was a lot more interesting and also more fitting than the paintbrush moveset idea people threw around, especially since said paintbrush was only majorly featured in one game...and that game is generally considered to be the weakest of the 3D Mario series.

Jr. received a massive boost in prominence through the Galaxy and NSMB series, so it'd make more sense to base his moveset around those games instead of Sunshine. Too bad he still sucks lol

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018
As for the Kirby stuff, I'd personally be ok with Bandana Dee, but there's only one ideal Kirby newcomer in my mind.

DarkMatterSpirit.png

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Still wish Jr. used his paintbrush instead of a generic hammer for that handful of moves, like how the other Koopalings use their wands now.
I wouldn't call it a generic hammer, it's a classic Hammer Bro hammer and that's worthy of respect

what's really kind of weird and ill-fitting is the Koopalings using the paintbrush when they do their Final Smash

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
The fact that Bowser Jr. got into Smash as a unique newcomer and DK Jr. is languishing in obscurity is a criminal offense.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Waluigi never being playable and forever being an assist is the greatest way to rep the character.

True fans know this to be true. Only the memers think otherwise.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm not a fan of people trying to de-legitimize the Waluigi and Bandana Dee supporters, and I don't care to see either of those characters in. They're both frequent supporting characters with a lot of gaming history, so the support makes sense.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Clown Bar Bowser Jr. is peak Sakurai brain. It made a ton of sense -- it's what he used in his most recent and best-selling appearances (New Super Mario Bros. series), and yet nobody expected it. I don't think I saw the Clown Car mentioned in a single fan proposal. It also satisfied the fighting game mech archetype that Smash was sorely missing.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Clown Car was a great move because it legitimized Bowser Jr. as doing things only he can do in Smash, rather than playing like a small Bowser. Thought the concept was a ton of fun to see, and it felt more varied than the paintbrush.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Clown Cart was designated Final Smash for fan ideas.

Funny how Paint Brush ended up as the Final Smash instead.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Mario and Chrom are the only characters to appear in another character's final smash and victory animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.