• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What character's reveal are you expecting to see at E3?

• Dragon Quest Character

Votes: 140 26.4%
  • Banjo

Votes: 291 54.9%
  • Other Character (Not Banjo or Dragon Quest)

Votes: 99 18.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
Master Chief over Doomguy and I'll even let the dumb Souls boy in without issue. Ninja Gaiden is dope and Banjo isn't super exciting, but I'd willingly embrace him.

Anything to keep the anime avatars crying tbh
Joke's on you everything is anime in smash. Even snake.

Who's willing to make an avatar bet on this? Calling dibs on fake so we can move on.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
thumb0-640x360.jpg

The answer was before us the whole time, lol.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda, but still alive, based on a modder interpreting the "Jane" code found in Joker. It might not be her, but the fact "Jane" (the hair vertex cache) can only work on Joker specifically (unlike shared frame data code between Plant and Bowser Jr.) is something that keeps the train alive.
wrong Kasumi

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Didn't know that but I stand my point.

Dude-fests are no fun.

I still don't really believe in the Google leak, but I'd guess the best chance for a female fighter on the Pass is Jill Valentine, outside of male/female costumes.

Kinda, but still alive, based on a modder interpreting the "Jane" code found in Joker. It might not be her, but the fact "Jane" (the hair vertex cache) can only work on Joker specifically (unlike shared frame data code between Plant and Bowser Jr.) is something that keeps the train alive.

Koei-Tecmo Kasumi, lol.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
I still don't really believe in the Google leak, but I'd guess the best chance for a female fighter on the Pass is Jill Valentine, outside of male/female costumes.
I personally think that people are sleeping on Saber's chances.

Sakura (from Sakura Wars) too.

I have a pet theory that "Jane" is very early junk data for the character after Erdrick Brave.

MonkeyDLenny

Apr 15, 2019

1557986579897-png.220787

I mean, of course you can have an Ad linking to Amazon; it's a storefront to sell your OWN product. That's the equivalent of making an ad for your company's Facebook page for instance

Nintendo is a private company selling their own private products

Here's the way I see it: Nintendo is historically infamous for how vicious they are for protecting their property: They flew someone out to collect a leaked copy of Pokemon X/Y and reprimanded the Mom and Pop store that sold it early, and they nailed the ESRB Leak guy insanely fast.

Let's say the worst case happens and it's really some troll playing 5D chess with us all. Nintendo has proven that they've got an ear to the ground over what we're all talking about; the second they'd catch wind of a troll using their property and website to pull a prank, all they'd have to do would be to call Google and get their info from Adsense and nail them in an instant.

Whoever made the Grinch Leak just posted it on 4chan, kept their head down, and let us do the work for them. If a troll is behind this, they'd be in for a world of legal hurt

If this were a troll, the ads would have been gone the second this theory took off after Nintendo sniffed them out. But the fact that they're still up says to me that this is in fact Nintendo's doing... all that remains to be seen is if this means anything or if we're just making a mountain out of a molehill

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So everyone who believes this leak what do you make of the guy who leaked Cloud saying we're getting a Dragon Quest character.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Honestly, the hardest part to swallow of that leak is that all of the characters besides Banjo are from franchises that are (usually) M-rated.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Why would people think that they would pick as the souls rep?
Come again?

If that question is supposed to be "Why would people think that they would pick Artorias as the souls rep?", then:
  • Bosses are the most defining part of Dark Souls, and in the same way that a boss fight works best as the Monster Hunter rep, a playable boss would be a great way to bring the feeling of Dark Souls into Smash (for the players fighting against them, that is).
  • Artorias is cool, I dunno.
Mind you, I don't think the Google Leak is true, but I am second guessing Chosen Undead being chosen as the Souls rep now (though they would probably go with a different boss like Gwyn).

Last edited:

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I was kinda disappointed in Smash 4's DLC lineup but this "leaked" Ultimate DLC lineup would leave me pining for those better days

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
So everyone who believes this leak what do you make of the guy who leaked Cloud saying we're getting a Dragon Quest character.

I personally don't believe in the leak. But I generally lump the insiders with the other leaks in the "Fake camp".

Unless an insider can provide 100% definitive proof that the information is real, I won't believe their words, since sources can always be compromised/know outdated information/baiting.

It may be real, but until we hear it from the horse's mouth, it's best to treat everything as unconfirmed.

That, and I like to see varied discussion.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
So……… how many people now think Google Leak could be real therefore Brave isn't Erdrick………

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
A common species has a member that gets increased push into relevancy via recent games.

Toadette reminds me of Bandana Dee little in that sense.

How many do really count Ryu as last classic Nintendo 3rd party? I wonder if he is pushing it, as Castlevania had much bigger Nintendo presence over Ninja Gaiden.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
How many do really count Ryu as last classic Nintendo 3rd party? I wonder if he is pushing it, as Castlevania had much bigger Nintendo presence over Ninja Gaiden.

I don't think anyone says that about Ryu... pretty much everyone is well aware of Simon Belmont's presence on Nintendo systems.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
I don't, because that ignores loads of other classic series that were on the NES like Bubble Bobble.

It's kind of like those who push only Tekken and Tales as the only possible Bamco reps while ignoring classics like Dig-Dug and Mappy.

Status
Not open for further replies.