• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What character's reveal are you expecting to see at E3?

• Dragon Quest Character

Votes: 140 26.4%
  • Banjo

Votes: 291 54.9%
  • Other Character (Not Banjo or Dragon Quest)

Votes: 99 18.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Super Princess Peach was a much nicer-looking game than NSMB

but it's basically a Starfy game, so that's not a surprise

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Artstyle worked well enough for the DS, and U at least having unique appearances for all of the reused themes (unlike Wii and 2) made it bearable to look at.
Again I remember as a young person thinking it looked way worse than the Mario games I had previously played on my Gameboy Advance lol

U is about as good as they could make it and I love the backgrounds but I still don't think it rises above mediocre. Like I've tried probably 10+ times to finish it after Bowser Jr was revealed in Smash 4 and I've never been able to get far before I snooze out.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Peachette having her dress just short enough to see her shoes in most of her animations seems like an interesting enough choice that I get the feeling it was done for game design reasons.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Though thinking on it I guess they are slowing down on the Koopalings.
The only games with them in it from the past 5 years are:
-Smash
-Paper Jam
-Color splash
-Mario Kart 8's port
-NSMBU's port
-Superstar saga remake (fun fact, there was 10 years between their last real appearence outside of ports & remakes (Yoshi's Safari) & their sudden boss fights at the end of the original Superstar saga)
-Bowser's inside story remake's Bowser Jr Journey mode (which i actually like b/c they let the koopalings have more of a personality thanks to like...talking....)

They were never put into 3D Land (well, that was 2011 but...), World (2013, again, but--) or Odyssey. None of the mario parties have them, nor did Mario Tennis, Golf or the weird sports superstar game. Captain Toad did its own thing. Surprisingly not in either Super Mario Maker, not even as costumes in the first one, or Super Mario Run

i guess being in the next standard 2d mario game (whenever that is) wouldn't be too ridiculous...

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Though thinking on it I guess they are slowing down on the Koopalings.
The only games with them in it from the past 5 years are:
-Smash
-Paper Jam
-Color splash
-Mario Kart 8's port
-NSMBU's port
-Superstar saga remake (fun fact, there was 10 years between their last real appearence outside of ports & remakes (Yoshi's Safari) & their sudden boss fights at the end of the original Superstar saga)
-Bowser's inside story remake's Bowser Jr Journey mode (which i actually like b/c they let the koopalings have more of a personality thanks to like...talking....)

They were never put into 3D Land (well, that was 2011 but...), World (2013, again, but--) or Odyssey. None of the mario parties have them, nor did Mario Tennis, Golf or the weird sports superstar game. Captain Toad did its own thing. Surprisingly not in either Super Mario Maker, not even as costumes in the first one, or Super Mario Run

i guess being in the next standard 2d mario game (whenever that is) wouldn't be too ridiculous...
When you're part of the roster of both the current Mario Kart and the current Smash Bros, I'd say you're in good standing at Nintendo.

The Koopalings are fine, and I'm sure we'll see more of 'em.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Feels too soon to think the Koopalings will disappear imo. 3D Mario never embraced them, and we're skipping on an original 2D Mario and Mario Kart this gen which lessens their chances to appear. Mario Maker is probably their biggest snub, but I can see why Boom Boom and Pom Pom are better fits as bosses than having 7 ones across game styles.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
this is Rainbow Cruise erasure
Rainbow Cruise might be the most random pick for this series and that's a shame. Other deviations from STARTING LEVEL, FINAL LEVEL and MARKETED LEVEL are one section of transformation stages but here's Rainbow Cruise.
Could've gone with, like, Pipe World from SMB3 as the gimmicky back stage or Dark World or Literally Any Bowser Level but...

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
This is a Smash thread. Please keep your discussion of Mario levels to World 1-1 in each respective game.
Rainbow Cruise, most of Mushroom Kingdom U, Rainbow Road, Paper Mario (at least 2/3 of it), New Donk City and (technically) Super Mario Maker all say hi.

Also, you technically go to the Delfino Airstrip before you ever set foot in the plaza :)

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Rainbow Cruise, Rainbow Road, Paper Mario (at least 2/3 of it), New Donk City and (technically) Super Mario Maker all say hi.

Also, you technically go to the Delfino Airstrip before you ever set foot in the plaza :)
I get what you mean with SMM but it sticks with the ground theme even if it breaks the rules and gets to use lava.

It's 1-1 adjacent for sure

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's absolute madness that there's still no Bowser's Castle or Airship stage. Imagine a Bowser's Castle interior featuring the portraits from the All-Stars version of SMB1.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The more interesting thing to think about is if spinoffs begin to embrace Odyssey characters more. Or heck, if a hypothetical Odyssey 2 even brings those characters back. (Looking at you Broodals)

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
You know, as a stage concept, Bowser In the Sky would accomplish the same thing as Rainbow Cruise (albeit, without an actual boat)
It may not be a proper bowser castle, but just imagine...

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
How do y'all feel if we got Rabbid Rabbit instead?

ofiyJT0.gif

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
At least Koopa's Road would be in Smash.
I adore our classic castle/fortress/boss mixes a lot but the lack of 64 songs (remix or rip) is really surprising.
It's just Main twice (Brawl's rip, the new remix) and Slide twice (Rainbow Cruise, the rip).

Peach's Castle & Princess Peach's Castle don't even remix a Mario 64 song specifically they just remix the series' ground theme.

Sunshine is technically worse (2 Delfino Plazas and Ricco Harbor) but you really would think Mario 64 would have more. Just a really weird hole in the mario song line up considering it's such an iconic game

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Mopinks doesn't have the same ring to it; my world is forever changed now.

Is it supposed to be pronounced "Mo-pinks" or "Mop-inks"?

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Who warped us into the Burnstein universe?

I can't handle this mandala shit again

Mar 9, 2018
IDK how you people got Mopkins. That almost sounds like napkins. But I know the feeling cause I used to think those were Lick-a-toos throwing spinies from clouds.

Status
Not open for further replies.