• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What character's reveal are you expecting to see at E3?

• Dragon Quest Character

Votes: 140 26.4%
  • Banjo

Votes: 291 54.9%
  • Other Character (Not Banjo or Dragon Quest)

Votes: 99 18.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Last DLC was a jrpgfest.
D4ITAa9XkAE8sQ4.jpg

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
they will never put Modern DK and DK Jr. in a game together again because they don't want to deal with the madness of the Kong Family Tree

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
they will never put Modern DK and DK Jr. in a game together again because they don't want to deal with the madness of the Kong Family Tree

The people at Rare who made most of the early Kongs did not think very deeply about the lore consequences of most of their decisions. I can't blame them either, who would have guessed the internet would happen and allow people to come together and assemble grand conspiracies about Kong lore?

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
I've heard Nintendo has even considered simplifying things and have DK be DK, so arcade DK and modern DK are one in the same.

Which would make the idea of DK Jr even more worrying, cos that would make him the abandoned son of DK.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Donkey Kong Country was a complete reboot of the DK series. Cranky being the original DK is a fun reference but beyond that there's no serious connection between modern Donkey Kong and the pre-DKC games. Outside of the one-off appearance in Mario Tennis (a game so poorly researched by Camelot that they just flat out made up a doubles partner for Wario) Donkey Kong Jr. just straight up doesn't exist anymore.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kong familial relations are very likely not genetic but a "clan" model instead. DK and Diddy's father would be sworn brothers, but have no direct blood ties. Plus, DK was delivered by a stork so it stands to reason Diddy was as well.

If this wasn't the case, all Kong romances (Donkey/Candy, Diddy/Dixie) would be obscene and unlawful.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
As part of my not reading things properly during the N64 era days...
Lakitu was pronounced La-key-tah
like how Kokiri was Cork-ear-ree
And Gerudo was Jer-rah-dough

I'm better now, all of them are so very wrong, they didn't even match the spelling!

Zarzolaon

Mar 16, 2018
OH
As part of my not reading things properly during the N64 era days...
Lakitu was pronounced La-key-tah
like how Kokiri was Cork-ear-ree
And Gerudo was Jer-rah-dough

I'm better now, all of them are so very wrong, they didn't even match the spelling!
Laughed at Jer-rah-dough.

As for me, I can only recall thinking Alucard would be pronounced with a "sard".

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
The jury's out on if Diddy and DK are related as it's been contradicted so much. He's been referred to as DK's nephew and and also as his friend. DK64's manual referred to him as a "nephew wannabe"
The Kongs accepted Diddy as one of their own, despite being a monkey and not an ape, proving that Kong Island can ignore even a difference in species if they prove to be worthy. Kong Island is an egalitarian society.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if I would do countdown but if I decide that I would do it. It would be based on dlc characters speculation. So it would be something new for me.

I would do at 2 weeks as well.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Super Mario Bros' weird localization decisions will haunt us forever

no one will ever know what a "Lakitu" is

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Kongs actually are all born with tails, but have them removed when they are children in order to not turn into the legendary Ozaru at the sight of the full moon. Diddy just kept his for some inexplicable reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.