• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What character's reveal are you expecting to see at E3?

• Dragon Quest Character

Votes: 140 26.4%
  • Banjo

Votes: 291 54.9%
  • Other Character (Not Banjo or Dragon Quest)

Votes: 99 18.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Banjo teased right after Erdrick releases would certainly solve the "nObOdY iN tHe WeSt LiKeS DrAgOn QuEsT!11!!" made up problem that people seem to think dictates E3 announcements

Unless the announce both at E3 and release them both in July or something

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He also mentioned some Smash stuff, which is what throws me off. Probably too good to be true? But then how did he get the ports right? Who knows, it's odd is all I have to say.
Seems like barely a footnote! There was also the the person who leaked Devil May Cry 5 stuff but faked Smash info.

This may be weird (and very personal), but a MK character would make me genuinely pissed off. I like the game and all, but seeing smash being associated with the ultraviolent gory game just feels completely off. And yes, i know bayo/snake are a thing and no, their violence/R18 content isn't even compatitable to that shit.
Well the level of violence is repugnant, but don't forget that its development was also a product of abuse (all the references the artists were forced to use for fatalities, for instance). NetherRealm is horrible in so many ways.

Last edited:

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Banjo teased right after Erdrick releases would certainly solve the "nObOdY iN tHe WeSt LiKeS DrAgOn QuEsT!11!!" made up problem that people seem to think dictates E3 announcements
I could see Erdrick being announced first and shadowdropped/released very soon to satisfy the east and cult fans in the west. Banjo there to appease the west and the decent following in Japan.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I could see Erdrick being announced first and shadowdropped/released very soon to satisfy the east and cult fans in the west. Banjo there to appease the west and the decent following in Japan.
Or they just release them together in July or August, with an announcement on Saturday/next week, so neither overshadows the other's release with their announcement.

Unless they believe that announcing Banjo right after Erdrick releases wouldn't take away from Erdrick due to different fanbases. That's a possibility too.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Fortnite won't be anything in 5 years. The next big gaming "thing" will kill it, like it killed hero shooters which killed MOBAs which killed RTSs, etc etc etc forever and ever.

I think a top tier series needs to have lasting, worldwide appeal.
I don't think "killed" is the right word. People keep playing LoL and Overwatch around here. Not that this changes the core of the point here.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Or they just release them together in July or August, with an announcement on Saturday/next week, so neither overshadows the other's release with their announcement.

Unless they believe that announcing Banjo right after Erdrick releases wouldn't take away from Erdrick due to different fanbases. That's a possibility too.
Nintendo wouldn't announce Banjo in the same presentation as Erdrick just to appease the people that don't care about Erdrick.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I'm calm and collected right now, but I can't take responsibility for my posts if Banjo-Kazooie is announced for Smash Bros

I have been waiting since I was a kid for this moment. The BK series is a series that's very dear to me and helped shape my tastes in video games. The N64 came at a very influential time for me.

I literally used to have dreams of Banjo being a super secret unlockable in Melee.

Deleted member 2669

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The thought of Banjo & Kazooie interacting with a Persona character is uncanny. Smash is an increasingly weird crossover. And all the better for it!

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
I'm calm and collected right now, but I can't take responsibility for my posts if Banjo-Kazooie is announced for Smash Bros

I have been waiting since I was a kid for this moment. The BK series is a series that's very dear to me and helped shape my tastes in video games. The N64 came at a very influential time for me.

I literally used to have dreams of Banjo being in Melee.
Please refer to this as this is Banjo's fans fate after E3.
Me today:
word-image-9.gif

Oh man, it's totally happening!

Me on Sunday:
S1rt7w.gif

Just like every other year.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Is there seriously Banjo smoke? Like, we're not all just being stupid, right? There's a little bit of something going down? Maybe not Smash, but something? Right? RIGHT!? We're not being suckers right now, are we?

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017

I literally used to have dreams of Banjo being a super secret unlockable in Melee.

I'll be incredibly happy for the Banjo fans if he happens. Dreams coming true is truly a wonderful feeling.

Deleted member 2669

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is exactly why I want B&K even if I have no personal attachment.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Is there seriously Banjo smoke? Like, we're not all just being stupid, right? There's a little bit of something going down? Maybe not Smash, but something? Right? RIGHT!? We're not being suckers right now, are we?
The only thing making smoke was shinobi602's cheeky response in that Banjo thread. Even Nibel's "I wonder if they'll announce something big" comment from last year hinting at Ridley wasn't that obvious.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
Ya'll really didn't read my qualifiers, lmao. I clearly stated anything lower than A-tier was unordered inside tiers and that C and Ultra Niche tiers could be completely wrong based on my personal biases. When you get that granular your perspective is limited.

I also stated REPEATEDLY that the characters are a stand in for the series as a whole.

Silent Hill has a movie franchise.

Silent Hill has one movie.

Only one.

There was never a sequel.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing making smoke was shinobi602's cheeky response in that Banjo thread. Even Nibel's "I wonder if they'll announce something big" comment from last year hinting at Ridley wasn't that obvious.

Actually...it reminds me of the hints that Emily and other admins made for Ultimate's tease at the March Direct last year.

FYaSG5E.png

(look at the bottom two, of course).

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Smash was teased by admins last year with the same "smashing good time" phrase. Shinobi knows he's perceived as an insider, so I doubt he just posted that about Banjo to ruffle feathers. Dozens of people quoted his post and he hasn't responded to any of them. He knows what he's doing.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Smash was teased by admins last year with the same "smashing good time" phrase. Shinobi knows he's perceived as an insider, so I doubt he just posted that about Banjo to ruffle feathers. Dozens of people quoted his post and he hasn't responded to any of them. He knows what he's doing.
Is it too late to change my prediction

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm... Banjo always seemed like such a weird pipe dream. I can't say I'll be excited (except maybe for the potential of getting the original games on Switch/an N64 Classic) but that would definitely be something.

Sort of boxes out an Ubisoft or Bethesda character though, which is a downer.

(Google leak is real 2401)

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Yep, he's not going to make a post like that to intentionally troll people.

Nov 18, 2017
The worst possible outcome for me would be Erdrick, Banjo, Dante, Dark Souls Dude, 2B...

So just go ahead and announce them already.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
I've waited 20 years for this and I don't think my poor little heart could take it if all this amount to nothing.

The stars have never been more aligned for Banjo; please let our dreams come true!

Mar 9, 2018
Okay, if Banjo and Kazooie get added, who's going to inherit the important Rare nostalgia vote?
Joanna Dark?
Dixie Kong?
Lanky Kong?
The far-too-muscular frog people?
I'm still on team inappropriate Canary pinatas.

Status
Not open for further replies.