Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Downloadable Contents Discussion Thread 3 | Seeking Answers to the Un-Bear-able Quest-ions!

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Crash would be worth it for N64 vs. PS1-themed Squad Strikes:

Mario, Link, Banjo-Kazooie

Vs.

Crash, Cloud, Snake

Xaszatm

Oct 25, 2017
This is emblematic of Smash discussion. It's the "Whose Line" of speculation. If I didn't love so many of the posters in this community I'd probably bounce, because the actual discussion is regards to Smash is nonsense.
Smash Discussion: The points don't matter!

The Hundred-Dollar Bills sure do though! :P

MondoMega

Jan 10, 2018
Sydney, Australia
Dante vs. Bayo would be so hype. Kamiya's children!
Alternatively, we could let another child of Kamiya (with a stronger Nintendo connection) have fun in Smash:

I think your best bet is hoping for Deltarune crossovers. That game is less explicitly pacifistic.
Sure, make the character the whole Deltrarune party in one or something; I don't care as long as get MY MUSIC GODDAMMIT.

Weiss

Oct 25, 2017
Alternatively, we could let another child of Kamiya (with a stronger Nintendo connection) have fun in Smash:

Sure, make the character the whole Deltrarune party in one or something; I don't care as long as get MY MUSIC GODDAMMIT.
Ammy was in MvC. She's a female fighing game character.

Ammy for Smash.

jaggies

Oct 30, 2017
Just finished looking over some western and Japanese DLC fan polls. The three highest ranked 3rd parties now seem to be Sora, Crash Bandicoot, and Steve. I think Crash has at least a decent shot.
I honestly think that any of those have decent shots.

Each crossover is presented as "Super Smash Bros. x [Game Series Title]" not "Super Smash Bros. x [Publisher]." I don't think there's a rule against the same publisher getting two characters if they're desirable enough, even if we assume Sora "counts" as a Square Enix character and not a Disney character. And Nintendo was clearly presenting B-K as a classic Nintendo character that was finally coming home, not as a guest character that "represents" their competitor.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Smash has done a really good job building up to actual console wars fantasy battles. lol

Depending on who we get, we very well may get the N64 vs. PS1 mascots brawl.
Smash Ultimate is already a far better PSASBR than PSASBR could ever dream to be.

Just need Crash to burn down the grave. And Sora to exorcise the spirit.