• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Aren't you forgetting someone?
1c45e961166612966abe0e9c22d474c4.jpg

She must NEVER be forgotten.
No joke I did forget, but thank you for reminding me!

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Worth noting for the Fighters Pass franchises we have so far:

Persona: Becoming successful (Persona 5 has sold nearly 3 million copies worldwide).
Dragon Quest: Always successful (I don't think any mainline DQ game has sold under a million, on the back of mostly Japan).
Banjo: formerly successful (Kazooie sold over 3 million copies and Tooie sold over 1 million despite being a late N64 game).
the next 2 characters will be never successful and kinda successful

Chibi-Robo and Chorus Kids confirmed!

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What are the chances that Dragon Quest gets the same amount of music as Persona, and S-E and Sakurai bless us with an additional batch of Final Fantasy tunes and some Final Fantasy spirits as a free update? This is S-E's time to shine and make their fans happy!

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So did anything ever come out of those extra datamined character slots?

I remember there being like sixteen or something.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Goku will get into Smash before we get more Final Fantasy music.

(Good thing Brock got tempbanned.)

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
What are the chances that Dragon Quest gets the same amount of music as Persona, and S-E and Sakurai bless us with an additional batch of Final Fantasy tunes and some Final Fantasy spirits as a free update? This is S-E's time to shine and make their fans happy!
SE is going to want money for those music tracks.

They put everything on music steaming apps tho. That's something

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
So did anything else pop up to support the female fighting game character or is it still just based on that one old tweet?

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018
So did anything else pop up to support the female fighting game character or is it still just based on that one old tweet?
Same guy came back a few times, tweeted in English more specifics about the character. Specifically that it's a female character that "looks like they're from a fighting game". According to him, it's his friend who actually saw the character, not him, and he's just relaying the info from them.

Actually, thinking about it, would it be worthwhile maybe to tweet female gaming characters to this guy to see if he can get his friend to see if he recognizes them as the character he saw? We might be able to figure out who it is based on that.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Really happy with the Season pass so far, it's everything I could have asked for in terms of reps from respective companies.

What I'd accept going forward:
-Chris from Resident Evil (tie in to RE5/new RE game?) with sailor costume alt.
-Waluigi
-Okami wolfie
-Phoenix Wright
-Professor Layton
-Spyro
-Tifa

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Same guy came back a few times, tweeted in English more specifics about the character. Specifically that it's a female character that "looks like they're from a fighting game". According to him, it's his friend who actually saw the character, not him, and he's just relaying the info from them.

Actually, thinking about it, would it be worthwhile maybe to tweet female gaming characters to this guy to see if he can get his friend to see if he recognizes them as the character he saw? We might be able to figure out who it is based on that.

I dunno. I don't think I wanted to bother him any further since he probably got some questions from another people.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I just want this theme in Smash. It's the only FF song I know and it's fantastic.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Really happy with the Season pass so far, it's everything I could have asked for in terms of reps from respective companies.

What I'd accept going forward:
-Chris from Resident Evil (tie in to RE5/new RE game?) with sailor costume alt.
-Waluigi
-Okami wolfie
-Phoenix Wright
-Professor Layton
-Spyro
-Tifa
Her name is Amaterasu.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It would be worth tweeting some of the more popular choices like Jill Valentine at him to see if they're who he's talking about.

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018
So if it is legitimately a female fighting game character, then they're definitely getting revealed at EVO, right? There's no better place to unveil a character fitting that description.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
If there's any reveal at EVO it'll be the exact same one that we got last year.

"Tune in for a Smash Direct on X date next week!"

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So if it is legitimately a female fighting game character, then they're definitely getting revealed at EVO, right? There's no better place to unveil a character fitting that description.
It sounds more like a character who looks like they could be from a fighting game, so them actually being a fighting game character isn't a given.

With that said, given that Banjo isn't out until Fall 2019, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't hear about the character until the September Direct. Even if the character was revealed in August, we'd probably just hear about a Smash Direct at EVO & have the reveal itself in said Direct.

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018

Alright, sent the female fighting game guy a tweet with some Jill pics, hopefully he can check in with his friend and confirm or deny her.

Man, Jill's design has been all over the place, huh?

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Dang. I'd like pretty much any female character but Jill, to be honest, at this point, if only because her inclusion pretty much kills my Phoenix Wright dream on the spot, and I'd really like to at least pretend he has a chance for a few more months.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
12b872cadd6e21446a792be3259bab819a31773406a8ba98fe0619abcd442c3c.jpg

So far we have red/purple/yellow so the last two colors could be green and blue to complement them. Or so goes the theory.

I've been hearing this (obviously super compelling) theory, but I imagine absolutely no one agrees on who would be either color and therefore the "theory" isn't even useful for meaningfully narrowing the options down. I'm sold!

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Crash is blue, guys, keep it straight. The western anthro animal 90s platforming mascots get their color based on their pants.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
*thinks for a moment about female characters who look like they could be from a fighting game, aren't Jill, and isn't Chun-Li/Another Street Fighter character. Also they are from a new franchise and have to at least have some form of recognition from the general public.*

... At this point all I can come up with is Lara Croft, Sarah Kerrigan, Tracer, and... I dunno, someone from Soul Calibar? (I don't know the series well.)

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018
Actually, thinking about female fighting game characters, what if it's Nina Williams?

latest

She generally gets to be co-protagonist or heavily involved in most Tekken games, and she's one of the few to have gotten her own solo outing with Death By Degrees. She'd also solve the awkward maybe-problem regarding Heihachi's VA and his passing (though, as we saw with Banjo, they have no qualms with reusing existing voice lines).

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Side note: I'm a little bit confused about Heihachi being the boring Tekken pick as compared to the rest of the Tekken cast.

Wouldn't that up the villain count Smash has? I seem to recall a year ago everyone wanting more villains in Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.