• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

(The perfect gif for the next 48 hours, lol.)

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the last pages of the previous thread-

What's all this about lawyers?

Deleted member 38050

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Oh wow, we made it to a new thread!
I'm on team "Expecting Banjo but praying to Rubiss that it's gonna be a DQ rep instead"

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I still believe in Banjo Kazooie for Smash. It's just such a perfect fit for a variety of reasons. I truly hope all this talk about Microsoft and Nintendo hasn't been a big cloud of smoke.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I'm going to run an avatar bet for everyone here so there would be four choices, so we will have three group of losers that would receive the avatars.

The rules for Avatar Bets is as usual, two weeks avatars, it's SFW and non-LEWD. As usual, and I will give out unique avatars for everyone so you don't have to worry about share same avatars with another people.

Who do you think that would be reveal at E3 2019?

The choices are:

Team Banjo
Weiss
Brock Reiher
Paperchampion23
TheEpic_Crusader
Chauzu
Illusion

Team Dragon Quest
Wil Grieve
MoonGirard
Marqario
ShroudOfFate

Team Banjo and Dragon Quest
Sponge
Wondergal
Lady Bow
RailWays
TheGamingNewsGuy
Choppasmith
oreomunsta
cdm00

Team None of them
retrobotjr
CormoranStrike
Rubica
Toxi
Samuel

Team No Dragon Quest
ShinobiBk

It's time for you to put your money on the characters and don't be a coward. Since y'all are rallying so hard so I want to see yall upfront with your guts and see if you would win with your hutch.

P.S. fine line is you can't just bail out later on so you are signed in for good. Also people can't drop out after the leaks break out. It's like your blood signatures on the paper

Sign me up for Team Banjo.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
So... I think I'm starting to lean on Fake Smash Ball being something. The timing seems a little too good to be an incident that was then randomly highlighted.

What I need to figure out, however, is the translation details. Maybe it's e.g. a pun that doesn't translate well, and they didn't fix it up because it would be too suspicious, or they didn't even know.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, we made it to a new thread!
I'm on team "Expecting Banjo but praying to Rubiss that it's gonna be a DQ rep instead"

Same boat here. I'm fairly confident we'll get DQ either way eventually, but I'd much rather have Erdrick tomorrow.

That being said - the real dream is someone completely unexpected. Even if it's someone lame like Heihachi.

Feb 10, 2019
I'm still hoping for Geralt of Rivia, now that rumors of Witcher 3 coming to Switch are stronger than ever. One can dream, right?

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Was just playing some Banjo-Tooie last night and noticed that Klungo calls them "Brave bear and bird" in one of the ending cutscenes.

He's in.

Give it up, Banjo squad.

THE GANG BANJO BOOMERS WILL NEVER SURRENDER

I'd join the avatar bet if I wasn't mere days away from finally being free of this one.

Feb 10, 2019

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I mean he was a guest character in Soul Calibur so I guess it's not impossible. I have no idea if the Witcher is popular or well known in Japan though
Darth Vader and Yoda have also been Soul Calibur guests; they've been open to non-video game characters since Spawn in 2, while Sakurai still stands by not including them.

Link_enfant

One Winged Slayer
Jan 20, 2018
France
That title, it's perfect 👌
I still believe we might get Banjo but I'm expecting everything at this point.

Feb 5, 2018
Im just gonna stick to the fact that we have an insider making the claim and not changing his stance on it. Im more inclined to believe its Banjo over any other character right now

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
The glowing orb swapped between fake and real automatically and Sakurai made an off script remark about it that they kept in the video because it was cute

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
This E3's character aside, some of the leaks are making me wonder if a (new?) metroid character is truly possible for this Fighter Pass.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
This E3's character aside, some of the leaks are making me wonder if a (new?) metroid character is truly possible for this Fighter Pass.
Nope. I don't think we'll get any first-party characters anyway, but a second unique Metroid newcomer in one game (and third overall) is far too crazy. Only something Fire Emblem could possibly create a scenario like that.

Also, if you're talking about Vergeben's Metroid 5 rumor I wouldn't put much stock into it. Sabi said that he just slapped it and WarioWare onto the end of a post with information she shared with him, so him getting the other stuff right doesn't make that rumor more accurate too.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nope. I don't think we'll get any first-party characters anyway, but a second unique Metroid newcomer in one game (and third overall) is far too crazy. Only Sakurai bias for something like Fire Emblem could create that scenario.

Also, if you're talking about Vergeben's Metroid 5 rumor I wouldn't put much stock into it. Sabi said that he just slapped it and WarioWareonto the end of a post with information she shared with him, so him getting the other stuff right doesn't make that rumor more accurate too.

Oh wow, and here I thought we could see those two tomorrow. Makes sense though, WW just got a new game last year so feels a bit soon.

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018
I'm ride or die for Banjo till the end bois. We either ride this train to victory or we ride it off the cliff.

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Chris/Jill/Leon - please!
Banjo would be cool, too (Even though it's hard to believe he'll be in)

Status
Not open for further replies.