• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
h6Rwa3.gif
I know we are well beyond realistic guns seeming to matter to smash I will never understand why people used bayonetta's guns as a gotcha when they are extremely fantastical goofy ass guns that fire magic bullets complete with goofy sigils

like the conceit as outline by Sakurai in Brawl was always always always realistic guns
bayonetta's aren't even in the ballpark of realistic! You could sell these guns as toys and not even need to put an orange cap at the end to get around restrictions because they're giant goofy embroidered blue(/red) guns! Bayo could have gotten into Brawl with those guns!

The fantastical guns are also why I figured guns would never be an issue for assorted characters, because there's always some weird weapon they could use in place of An Actual Gun. Realistic guns being on the table after 16 years just makes things easier. Still wish Sakurai would talk about that more, I'm sure the changes in what's allowable would've been an interesting topic.

god could you imagine a brawl-era bayonetta though. Probably have to be SSS tier

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
What's up with all the infighting?
Gonna look silly in a few months once the full pass is revealed and Resident Evil is nowhere to be seen

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
well.... Pyramid Head is in Super Bomberman so he's technically eligible if you want to go by that "rule" lol

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Is Shattered Memories the only Silent Hill game on a Nintendo console?

I know nothing about the series, other than the main character of the first game is named Harry
Shattered Memories

AND THE SILENT HILL PLAY NOVEL FOR GBA
latest

bask in it
bask in this inexplicablel launch title where you had to use the GB Mobile Adapter to download all the content

Mar 9, 2018
Among my top 50 reasons for wanting Sans in Smash is that I think it would be a good contrast to go from megacorp Microsoft to Toby Fox in the copyright section. In terms of third party, I also think Chell from Portal is a good idea. She can use portals, but that probably would come with a lot of limitations. My first thought as a Chell player would be to put a portal under the stage and one above it. That doesn't seem fair, though. So it probably would only work on the ground and that seems not as fun, but overall it's still a good idea.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Shattered Memories

AND THE SILENT HILL PLAY NOVEL FOR GBA
latest

bask in it
bask in this inexplicablel launch title where you had to use the GB Mobile Adapter to download all the content

That is absolutely wild. Gonna have to watch some youtube vids on this later. Had no idea this existed.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
There were four extra scenarios (Harry & Cybil were on-cart) that you could download and they are virtualy all but the first scenario are lost to time because of how the whole thing worked making it hard/impossible to dump them

And Olimar, Bowser & Snake's an adoptive father

Xwing

Nov 11, 2017
Among my top 50 reasons for wanting Sans in Smash is that I think it would be a good contrast to go from megacorp Microsoft to Toby Fox in the copyright section. In terms of third party, I also think Chell from Portal is a good idea. She can use portals, but that probably would come with a lot of limitations. My first thought as a Chell player would be to put a portal under the stage and one above it. That doesn't seem fair, though. So it probably would only work on the ground and that seems not as fun, but overall it's still a good idea.

Out of all the Valve games that could get ported to Switch, a bundle of Portal 1 and 2 is at the top of my list.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Smash needs more moms. We've got Rosie, Samus, F!Robin, F!Corrin, and...uh, Bayo is Joker's mom, but that's it.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad that they manage to put Eight in Smash Bros. It does make a lot of sense since it's the first game that had Dragon Quest in the title in America. (I'm not sure about Europe?) And actually got a decent marketing and trying to push Final Fantasy fans to buy it (for the demo in NA)

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad that they manage to put Eight in Smash Bros. It does make a lot of sense since it's the first game that had Dragon Quest in the title in America. (I'm not sure about Europe?) And actually got a decent marketing and trying to push Final Fantasy fans to buy it (for the demo in NA)
iirc they also pushed DQ8 to have orchestral score in america

Smash needs more moms. We've got Rosie, Samus, F!Robin, F!Corrin, and...uh, Bayo is Joker's mom, but that's it.
Lucina can in theory be a mom but please dont marry your best friend's daughter from an alternate future
that's just weird

I....guess that Zelda, like the Belmonts, also has to be a mom at some point in her life unless she has siblings since the royal line has to keep going. It's not like Link where you can just be where ever and get a dose of that triforce of courage at some point

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Lucina can in theory be a mom but please dont marry your best friend's daughter from an alternate future
that's just weird

I....guess that Zelda, like the Belmonts, also has to be a mom at some point in her life unless she has siblings since the royal line has to keep going. It's not like Link where you can just be where ever and get a dose of that triforce of courage at some point

Lucina falls under the Rachel Summers clause.

It's Fates where that shit gets weird.

Xwing

Nov 11, 2017

Eight appeals to me the most on a pure character design level. So much so that I bought a copy of DQ8 for 3DS and have been slowly chipping away at it over the last two weeks. An awesome introduction to the series so far.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Plus Marth, Ike, Robin and Corrin

Lucina!

that's just weird

Ah, of course! Lucina definitely counts (though not in any Awakening run I've done), and Zelda would in theory be a mom at some point just like the Belmonts are dads.

STAHP

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
All fans need to be moving to Dixie!

You have my banana for this clause!

Also, wasn't Bayonetta 2 always packaged with Bayonetta 1 on the Wii U? I don't remember them being sold separately.

Yes, Bayonetta 2 was sold on it's own when they decided to restock the game due to the demands. The demands happened because of Bayonetta's Inclusion in Smash Bros.

So it turns out Phil was right, getting Banjo in Smash was relatively painless.

Ironic that a Microsoft character was probably easier than the Square Enix character.

Yeah, it's quite disappointing that it might be in case. I wish that the companies would be easier to handle with for crossovers. If they decided to ask them again for next Smash, I guess I would assume that they are going to bargain for third character in Smash Bros in order to keep Hero and Cloud in. Or completely gone.

Also makes it sound like, had Rare not been bought by Microsoft, Banjo would have been in before Ultimate.

I honestly believe that Banjo would be in Brawl by then if Microsoft didn't bought them.

I would pay BIG BUCKS (defined as around 10-20 USD) for an artbook full of Smash concept art.

Same here. I would buy it if it covers everything from Smash 64 to Ultimate DLC.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
For Nintendo characters that I want atm:
  • Susie
  • Elma
  • Dixie
  • Waluigi (not memeing)
As for third parties, it's still stanning for:
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Chosen Undead
  • Undertale (Frisk or Sans)
  • Travis Touchdown
  • Agumon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
You.

You're a good one.

Same. Even with all of the characters we have, I wouldn't be able to view the roster as complete without her.
I've already accepted that certain characters probably won't ever be in Ultimate, but Dixie getting in would bring the roster as close to completion as Ultimate could possibly be in my eyes.

With that said, I'm still expecting all third-party characters.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo:

Rex and Pyra
Dixie
Officer Howard
Susie
Octoling/Off the Hook

Third party:

Shantae
KOS-MOS
Travis Touchdown
Crash Bandicoot
2B

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully someone is passing the info along to Sakurai that Ultimate doesn't feel truly Ultimate without Dixie.
It's like "Everyone is here! except her because I dunno lol"

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Quest and Banjo-Kazooie plugged what I felt like were the biggest 3rd party gaps in the roster due to their history with Nintendo. There's still some characters I'd like to see (Crash) but I'm personally satisfied with how Ultimate turned out on representing various 3rd parties in the industry.

1st party on the other hand I still have a couple "where are they?" picks. lol

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
The real rep from the Nintendo side that is missing is Shop Assistant from Style Boutique, who would represent Nintendo's increased focused to make games that appeal to the female market. Let's make Smash more welcoming!

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Here's an interesting hypothetical question, which rule do you think will break next (if one is broken at all)?
  • Characters who are already Assist Trophies/Poké Ball Pokémon cannot be made playable via DLC
  • Each playable character had to have appeared on a Nintendo system at least once
  • The franchise has to have proven itself as successful prior to being chosen to be in Smash

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's an interesting hypothetical question, which rule do you think will break next (if one is broken at all)?
  • Characters who are already Assist Trophies/Poké Ball Pokémon cannot be made playable via DLC
  • Each playable character had to have appeared on a Nintendo system at least once
  • The franchise has to have proven itself as successful prior to being chosen to be in Smash

Definitely the second. Even without Cloud's cameos he'd still be in, same for Joker.

Status
Not open for further replies.