• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 52093

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2019
Relevancy should never be a primary factor for deciding characters. It robs us from legacy characters. Otherwise, a sizable portion of the cast should not be playable.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
does anyone but 30 year old boomers care about banjo?
I do and i'm super young lol. Only really played nuts and bolts on 360.

Besides, it's awesome getting different characters; I warmed up to K Rool because of how awesome he was in Smash, the songs he brought with him and him being genuinely fun to use.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ameratsu, 2B, Ori, Viewtiful Joe, and Skull Kid are coming to Smash Bros. Wow! This really is a great age for gaming.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
just saying:

DLC so far:
Mewtwo: still very big and relevant
Roy&Lucas: people knew them from Smash and are easier to include with already done movesets
Ryu, Cloud, Corrin, Bayonetta, Joker: all still big and relevant with Corrin and Joker being new.
Banjo: not relevant at all

Resiverence

Jan 30, 2019
Boomers give up on the bear and we can all settle this peacefully with some drinks in our DQ Slime tm mugs :^)

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
C-ijABEXYAAwVSB.jpg

It's not exactly the kiddies playing the Switch (and thus Ultimate) guys

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
does anyone but 30 year old boomers care about banjo?
Holy shit, 30 year old are boomers now? Jesus.

Also, yes? It's always been one of the most popular characters in ballots and polls for a reason. And Banjo has always been a rather charming series with its popularity showing off every now and then because of Youtube, mainly.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
just saying:

DLC so far:
Mewtwo: still very big and relevant
Roy&Lucas: people knew them from Smash and are easier to include with already done movesets
Ryu, Cloud, Corrin, Bayonetta, Joker: all still big and relevant with Corrin and Joker being new.
Banjo: not relevant at all
Bayonetta has never been big. That she managed to get through the ballot speaks more of the Smash fanbase's sensibilities.
Holy shit, 30 year old are boomers now? Jesus.
Fucking zoomers
this is just what an irrelevant 30 year old boomer would say.
Get off my lawn you whippersnapper!

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
To maximize potential audience gains, Furukawa will clearly force Sakurai to make the Challenger Pack 6: Vodka & Poker.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
As we come up to Smash Ultimate's second E3, let us remember the greatest Smash trailer to ever exist

This will never be topped

While the revelation of "Everyone is Here!" was amazing, I think in terms of actual storyboarding and pacing, the Brawl trailer is still the one to beat:

Just look at how masterfully it uses the rule of threes throughout its cutting.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I am always surprised by Banjo's momentum. I think there's just high overlap between "people really into Smash" and "people with a lot of N64 nostalgia."

But like, I never played any of his games, so even among Rare characters I can think of like half a dozen I'd rather see.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I am always surprised by Banjo's momentum. I think there's just high overlap between "people really into Smash" and "people with a lot of N64 nostalgia."

But like, I never played any of his games, so even among Rare characters I can think of like half a dozen I'd rather see.
The Smash series started on the N64, so that overlap makes sense, although I think Melee was probably most people's first Smash games, so idunno.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What happened to the gender ratio here, I thought Nintendo consoles usually have a pretty even male/female spread?

From what I remember this is from the first month of the Switch release - so it heavily favors early adopters (who are generally older, richer, and male). I'd be curious what that chart looks like in 2019.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
No way, as cool as Banjo is, Banjo isn't the entire roster of the game, plus half a dozen previously cut characters in one trailer set to awesome music.
I mean, The Everyone is Here trailer was only hype for the cut veterans to me. I was already expecting every Smash 4 character to return before E3, and I predicted that a good chunk (if not all) of them would be re-revealed during E3. Pichu, Pokemon Trainer and Snake were the parts that made it for me (plus the few Smash 4 characters with redesigns; especially the Zelda cast).

Seeing the banner for the first time after the trailer was honestly more hype than the trailer itself.

I think Banjo would just represent a lot more. A Microsoft rep is bigger than any individual reveal in the Everyone is Here trailer, that's for sure.

Deleted member 6223

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Everyone Is Here trailer was great and made me so happy. Never would have expected the entire roster up to that point from previous games to come back. It would take quite a bit for even a Banjo-Kazooie reveal to beat that for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.