Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Downloadable Contents Discussion Thread 3 | Seeking Answers to the Un-Bear-able Quest-ions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I just don't think Sakurai's ever really thought highly of Isaac or GS in general.

Brawl's roster was planned in 2005, only a few years after The Lost Ages, and he only got an assist trophy. Meanwhile, Smash 4's roster was planned in early 2012, only a little over a year since Dark Dawn's release, and he didn't even bother to bring back Isaac's AT. And even with the ballot, he was able to get the return of his AT and a Mii costume.
Sakurai hates the game boy advance theory

Apopheniac

Oct 25, 2017
Color-TV Game 15 should get the meme vote, but I fear it'd be split between it, Ghosts, and Flies & Hand

4chan will be of no help because they'll vote for all the cute girls

MondoMega

Jan 10, 2018
Sydney, Australia
If this was a real poll, i'm sure they would remove the option to vote for the unrealistic additions that wouldn't work as fighters, like Color TV Game 15, Flies and Hand, Klaptrap and Waluigi.

Chain Chomp and Hammer Bro are still allowed though.

Apopheniac

Oct 25, 2017
If this was a real poll, i'm sure they would remove the option to vote for the unrealistic additions that wouldn't work as fighters, like Color TV Game 15, Flies and Hand, Klaptrap and Waluigi.

Chain Chomp and Hammer Bro are still allowed though.
are Ghosts out too?

guess I'll have to go through my second choices - Devil, nintendog, Moon, Thwomp

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Paper Mario is my most wanted.

But I’ll support Issac more. (Tho would perfer Mia from Golden Sun but she’s ain’t getting in ever)

Lumi

Oct 25, 2017
Does she need it though? Before the August Direct, weren't people saying that she already had enough merits to make it in?

Well I mean, I guess she would need it for Ultimate, but I saw this hypothetical as a next Smash thing.
She might! I would like to give her an extra push though. Then again I could also vote for Mother Brain. Or Takamaru! Break down the "no Japan-only characters" wall.

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
My brain doesn’t want any more swords but my heart can’t say no to prince sable

Although Ashly + red transforming into various objects/weapons sounds the most fun to me right now

Giga Man

Oct 27, 2017
"Rathalos is the first character to be a boss, an assist trophy, and a playable fighter all at the same time!"

MondoMega

Jan 10, 2018
Sydney, Australia
Break down the "no Japan-only characters" wall.
Well I mean; Marth, Roy and Lucas. But I get what you mean though three have special caveats attached, and it seems like Sakurai has gone back on allowing those sorts of inclusions.

Takamaru isn't even Japan-only anymore regardless (thank you 3DS Virtual Console), so he's allowed in.

is that Rosalina and Luma's Echo Fighter?
Yeah; on the seperate Echo Fighter poll, they are one of the options for Rosalina's Echo, alongside Lillie and Nebby.

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018
She might! I would like to give her an extra push though. Then again I could also vote for Mother Brain. Or Takamaru! Break down the "no Japan-only characters" wall.
Takamaru wouldn't break down that wall anymore tho. He got brought westward on the 3DS.

If you REALLY wanna break down that wall, you gotta join the Sukapon winners circle.

(man there is a depressing amount of great playable options stuck in AT hell)

Mar 9, 2018
Midna, because she's good and it would break the spell a lot of the fanbase has about Zelda characters.

I'm not sure who I would pick for my other devices and locations.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd probably vote Waluigi in an AT ballot. A lot of the other Nintendo characters I think fit the AT role well or don't have much going for them nowadays.

Also would rather see a Nintendo character get in instead of voting in what would be 3rd party #6 for DLC. lol

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
It makes a lot of sense on paper as to why all of that new content being required might have stonewalled Isaac, but that sort of falls apart when you look at Castlevania, which got all of that and more, but also which I wouldn't have pegged as being more popular than Isaac ballot-wise. Makes you think.
Simon Belmont had been a popular request ever since the Brawl days, and Castlevania as a whole has always had more pedigree than Golden Sun.

Xpike

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do honestly wonder how well Isaac did in the ballot. He clearly did well enough to get both a much-improved Assist Trophy and model, as well as his Mii costume, and in fan polls generally wasn't too far behind big fan favorite K. Rool.

I don't know if it was here, but I saw someone hypothesize once that Isaac might have had a harder uphill battle due to being from a franchise new to Smash, and would have therefore necessitated a new stages, a full musical work up, and more, whereas K. Rool and Ridley didn't have to considering they came from existing series with a lot of the work already done.

It makes a lot of sense on paper as to why all of that new content being required might have stonewalled Isaac, but that sort of falls apart when you look at Castlevania, which got all of that and more, but also which I wouldn't have pegged as being more popular than Isaac ballot-wise. Makes you think.
Castlevania is one of the biggest classic gaming IPs
please

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
I still find it somewhat strange that Richter is about 3-4 characters above Simon in the game's character select database. Every other base fighter is directly followed by their echo. I guess they figured Richter had the better moveset, so once they got him right, they could apply it to Simon just because he's the og.
My suspicion has always been that Sakurai just wanted a Belmont in order to represent Castlevania and decided to implement Richter since he has the most versatile moveset out of all the Belmonts. It wasn't until later that he decided to implement Simon as the default only because of worldwide appeal (nearly every reaction video I've seen of that reveal had not a single person recognise Richter).

GarudaSmash

Sep 12, 2018
Midna got shafted so badly. I guess they just didn't expect her to get so popular during the development of Brawl.

This post feels awkward with Ganondorf's smug-ass face next to it.

GarudaSmash

Sep 12, 2018
Eh, I'm biased. I guess it's because there was no way she'd get any other chance to be in Smash. I'm not sure Sheik would have been a mainstay had she not been in Melee.

Jaq'or

The Fallen
Jun 6, 2018
They should do a ballot where the only choices are assist trophies and you have to choose ONE to be a fighter.

I'll rally the supporters for Nikki!
Would vote for Skull Kid, but if we got an AT -> Fighter Pass, then:

1) Skull Kid
2) Prince Sablé
3) Ashley
4) Sukapon
5) Nikki

Would also be happy to see Alucard and Dr. Wily make it in as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.