• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
Believe.

kX9GocO.png
And my axe, guy's the last of the old guard of Smash speculation.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone wants Geno, in their heart of hearts. It's just too painful to hope for.

Star Road is repaired and our wishes will come true.

And my axe, guy's the last of the old guard of Smash speculation.

With Isaac and Waluigi as ATs who's even left after Geno for the long awaited Never Evers?

I don't know nothing about no SMRPG but you know what, I'm rooting for Geno gang

It's the best Mario game that came out in 1996.

Wonderrade

The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody should. Even if Hero made it out in time to be allowed he's not going to see any serious play because he's brand new and people are going to stick to their mains for the literal largest Smash tournament of all time.

the biggest influence the patch would have are the general buffs and nerfs

like if joker is nerfed and plant is buffed

as the law demands

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Nobody should. Even if Hero made it out in time to be allowed he's not going to see any serious play because he's brand new and people are going to stick to their mains for the literal largest Smash tournament of all time.

There will be one person who makes a few upsets in pools with gimmick stuff like Kamikaze. But yeah, nobody playing Hero in Week 2 is going to make top 64 unless he is absolutely bonkers broken.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There likely will be a balance patch, so it definitely will bring some changes to the meta.
But yeah, I'm not expecting to see Hero anywhere near top 32.

Zarzolaon

Mar 16, 2018
OH
Except I thought MKLeo made a statement saying he'd play the next DLC character. I don't know about EVO specifically, but that could be interesting...

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
This is the perfect recipe for a shonen protagonist to pick Hero up and storm through EVO without any predetermined strategy before toppling each of the gods in turn.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
the biggest influence the patch would have are the general buffs and nerfs

like if joker is nerfed and plant is buffed

as the law demands
How amazing would it be if 2 weeks before the biggest fighting game tournament of the year a patch drop that completely upends the entire tier list
snake? pi(ka)chu? Olimar? you fools, those are th worst character in the game. It's all about Piranha Plant, Samus and Little Mac

I mean it'd be awful for the competitors to the point that I think Evo would probably just go "let's....not." but it'd be amazing

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
I'll take Geno because it gives me hope for other 1/2nd party chars
How amazing would it be if 2 weeks before the biggest fighting game tournament of the year a patch drop that completely upends the entire tier list
snake? pi(ka)chu? Olimar? you fools, those are th worst character in the game. It's all about Piranha Plant, Samus and Little Mac

I mean it'd be awful for the competitors to the point that I think Evo would probably just go "let's....not." but it'd be amazing

Too late Olimar already got nerfed hard and now has a broken sheild

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018

Even in that hypothetical situation, I'm sure that Kirby would still be garbage, somehow lol

Wonderrade

The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

The problem is we still dont even know what the tier list is

Olimar still does alright, snake does alright but without ally its alot less. All we really knwo if that MKleo looks unstoppable with joker and most people are probably planning on how to deal with that.

I mean tweek at low tier city last week won the whole thing going only pokemon trainer and its the first tourney he has used PT so we dont really know what to expact

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
True fans wouldn't even calling their supports as shitposting! :P. (And also they wouldn't gave up and pulled a darkest smashera twist out of nowhere)

On serious note: It's going to be crazy ride if Geno ended up not getting their own Mii Costume.

omg that was months ago how do you still remember

And yeah if Geno's costume doesn't return and I spend the next few months assured of his inclusion only for him not to be in, I will be so nettled.

I'll give my blessing for everyone to laugh my ass out of the room though.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
omg that was months ago how do you still remember

And yeah if Geno's costume doesn't return and I spend the next few months assured of his inclusion only for him not to be in, I will be so nettled.

I'll give my blessing for everyone to laugh my ass out of the room though.

We will never forget the Dunkel-Weiss era.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
The problem is we still dont even know what the tier list is

Olimar still does alright, snake does alright but without ally its alot less. All we really knwo if that MKleo looks unstoppable with joker and most people are probably planning on how to deal with that.

I mean tweek at low tier city last week won the whole thing going only pokemon trainer and its the first tourney he has used PT so we dont really know what to expact
shift my hypothetical from "top tier" to "pool of generally pretty good and frequent-ish characters" and "bottom tier" to "pool of pretty bad relative to everyone else" characters

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Say we got a bonus character released during the run of the Fighters Pass (we'll pretend that it's Geno); how would they handle the Fighter numbering?

Would they have it be #76 (after the Fighters Pass characters, despite releasing earlier than most of them) or would they slot them inbetween the numbers of the other DLC fighters?

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Say we got a bonus character released during the run of the Fighters Pass (we'll pretend that it's Geno); how would they handle the Fighter numbering?

Would they have it be #76 (after the Fighters Pass characters, despite releasing earlier than most of them) or would they slot them inbetween the numbers of the other DLC fighters?
Order of reveal. Then again, it would be weird if a character revealed later were released before the bonus character.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA

Skip a number. They go by reveal of the character.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Order of reveal. Then again, it would be weird if a character revealed later were released before the bonus character.
Skip a number. They go by reveal of the character.
Probably; I just think it'd be weird if they needed to explain to consumers that "the Fighters Pass contains fighters 71-73, 75-76; fighter 74 available seperately".

Of course, it'd be less of a problem if that bonus character was free in some way.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017

I think the Bonus character, from Nintendo's point of view, is Piranha Plant.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017

74. They would go by order revealed, even if it would be awkward to have 3 fighter pass characters, then this standalone, then the last 2

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Probably; I just think it'd be weird if they needed to explain to consumers that "the Fighters Pass contains fighters 71-73, 75-76; fighter 74 available seperately".

Of course, it'd be less of a problem if that bonus character was free in some way.
In fairness this hypothetical is already kind of weird, to have a non-echo bonus character revealed & released before the fighter's pass is even done.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
If we are getting bonus character then I can imagine that it would comes AFTER 75 I guess? I really hope that we would get more characters outside of Fighter Pass but I'm not going to get my expectation high tho.

I remember there is a rumor that Hero is coming out on July 21 but I wasn't sure about the information or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.