• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
V6LP5f1.png

Since we are jumping from a thread to another thread to discuss about potential DLC so I presume that it's a time for us to trying to get us a home where we could discuss about future contents.

Currently Piranha Plant and Joker are out for us to purchase so we are still waiting to find out those four characters that would take their places in Fighter Pass. Our next hype stop would be at E3 for sure so it's quite exciting for us to find out who would be second character and potentially third character if we are lucky. Also there is a detail that specifically confirmed that we are getting more Mii Costumes as part of their DLC plans. Our previous question was; Are we going to get more contents than we are expecting? Beyond Mii Costumes and Fighters Pass? Yes, we did. We got Stage Builder and Share Function (where we would download stages, mii fighters, etc online.) Some fans are still hopeful that we would get more mode(s) in the future updates.

zF5thF0.png

QYIlDAD.png

It's a season pass for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate which will contains all five planned DLC packs. Those DLC packs each come with a fighter, a new stage and additional music tracks. You could save 5 dollars overall by purchasing the Fighter Pass, which costs $24.99 USD. However, if you aren't comfortable paying upfront, especially without knowing the details of the DLC contents, then each pack individually can be bought for $5.99. As an additional bonus, if you get the Fighter Pass then you will obtain a free Xenoblade 2's Rex Mii Costume.

m2ilQHE.png

WfK0Mil.gif

RUMORS

There are multiple rumors about Downloadable contents but I urge you to take it with grains of salts. Nothing sets in stone until Nintendo 100% confirmed those details or the leaks itself is somehow very convincing with reliable access to images or/and video. I guess there is only reliable information we had on second downloadable character which had a codename which named as Brave. Most common guesses around here is that they strongly believe that Brave is a main character named Erdrick from Dragon Quest franchise. Also Shinobi potentially dropped a tease that could implying that Banjo would be in Smash Bros.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I'm going to run an avatar bet for everyone here so there would be four choices, so we will have three group of losers that would receive the avatars.

The rules for Avatar Bets is as usual, two weeks avatars, it's SFW and non-LEWD. As usual, and I will give out unique avatars for everyone so you don't have to worry about share same avatars with another people.

Who do you think that would be reveal at E3 2019?

The choices are:

Team Banjo
Weiss
Brock Reiher
Paperchampion23
TheEpic_Crusader
Chauzu
Illusion
Punished Dan
Gartooth

Team Dragon Quest
Wil Grieve
MoonGirard
Marqario
ShroudOfFate
Radishhead

Team Banjo and Dragon Quest
Sponge
Wondergal
Lady Bow
RailWays
TheGamingNewsGuy
Choppasmith
oreomunsta
cdm00

Team None of them
retrobotjr
CormoranStrike
Rubica
Toxi
Samuel
Champion
Galactic Specter

Team No Dragon Quest
ShinobiBk

It's time for you to put your money on the characters and don't be a coward. Since y'all are rallying so hard so I want to see yall upfront with your guts and see if you would win with your hutch.

P.S. fine line is you can't just bail out later on so you are signed in for good. Also people can't drop out after the leaks break out. It's like your blood signatures on the paper

Last edited:

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That's a bear-y good thread title!

Put me on team none of them.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
By the way has anyone made a mock-up of what the character select screen will look like once all the DLC is released? I can't think of how to nicely make it all fit.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
What are the chances of the DLC fighter being announced but not being available till August/September? We're all assuming the character will be revealed and released in the same day

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Team none. Anticipating mass meltdowns.
If by none you mean no Smash character at all, it has already been confirmed we'll get one.

If by none you mean neither Banjo nor Erdick, lol Erdick being absent won't cause any meltdowns. No Banjo will cause some to meltdown but whatever else we get will stray salt on the wounds.

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Before the MS presser I was team both, but put me on just Team Dragon Quest. I feel like there's gonna be a solid chunk of the Direct dedicated to the DQ franchise with XI, Builders 2 and finally Erdrick as the Smash reveal.

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
Th12Reimu.png

Reimu Hakurei for Smash! She's been around independently since 1996 keeping her relevance up and releasing games consistently. And she has the backing of probably the most dedicated fanbase in video games!

Let me hear if you're on Team Reimu!

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2017
Q. If Nintendo care enough to send out a C&D for leaks, why would they name references to unreleased characters in code using obvious aliases? Managed leak?

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Well hey; if you stack echoes the roster will be a perfect rectangle.

I may have to do that. I've always been confused as why the option to stack echoes existed considering that it's disabled in the one place that it'd be useful (Smashdown), but now I suspect it was added because Sakurai hated how ugly the final CSS would look.

This theory also explains why Dr. Mario isn't an echo fighter.

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
Lora, Jin and Haze let's goooooo

also I'm here to shill Persona Q2, amazing game but get ready to get your ass kicked by the bosses

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I should point out that we made it to DT3 before the 2nd Fighters Pass character was announced.

That's insane, lol.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I see people are shilling for their most desired character on this page. Hope everyone doesn't mind if I do the same.

latest

Ryu Hayabusa. The protagonist of the legendary Ninja Gaiden series. Also notable for his major appearances in the Dead or Alive fighting games.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Team No Reveals

Since that clip was recorded before Joker released, they will just show Joker again in the Nintendo Direct.

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here for this thread and with absolutely no investment in any of the characters at the center of speculation I want to say that this circus is very entertaining

vsabelle

Jun 4, 2019
I just woke up from a dream where BK and Master Chief were revealed for Smash.

I don't expect that, but wouldn't that be great?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
It's really hard thinking about how close we are to the announcement now.

My body has been ready for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.