• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Blue Badger can be his companion

edgeworth-damage.gif

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Simply put because the past 3 characters have had sort of an entourage or partner that they come with (particularly in the banner so Joker with Morgana, Hero with Slime, and Banjo and Kazooie) the theory says that maybe the last two characters will also come with a similar duo or partner.

Master Chief with Cortana
Crash Bandicoot with Aku Aku
Sora with Jiminey Cricket or Donald & Goofy or Mickey
Rex with Pyra/Mythra (STFU about Mii Costumes)

I could go all day with this with the characters I want

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Say goodbye to Google Theory, say hello to Companion Theory.

tl;dw: all DLC characters have a companion who can appear with them in the mural (Joker and Morgana, Hero and Slime, Banjo and Kazooie)

Personally I think it's reaching, but let's get discussion going.

It's called Pair Theory, and I came up with it yesterday smh
I'm sure its a coincidence lol

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
It's nice that for once the Smash community feels like it's at peace

Like the entire community got a big warm hug and are satisfied for awhile.

There was a similar feeling after 8/8. Then Isabelle sent it into chaos again.

I wonder what the reactions will be to fighter 4, because it's probably not what a lot of people are expecting (people are already saying Geno is teed up now because of Banjo).

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's nice that for once the Smash community feels like it's at peace

Like the entire community got a big warm hug and are satisfied for awhile.

There's kind of nothing left for us to violently champion anymore. Banjo was the dream pick of thousands and it finally happened against all odds.

I'd be happy if Geno got in, but Banjo is right there. It's like, how do you even ask for more?

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York

I wonder what the reactions will be to fighter 4, because it's probably not what a lot of people are expecting (people are already saying Geno is teed up now because of Banjo).
I think Fighter 4 is going to be like an awkward middle child who can never live up to what came before and who isn't going to be remembered that well after the last character is out

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019

I certainly don't expect it to be Geno. I also think that anyone expecting the next fighter to "top" Banjo is very much on the wrong track, considering the history of Smash reveals and the overall exposure E3 has.

Oct 27, 2017
I certainly don't expect it to be Geno. I also think that anyone expecting the next fighter to "top" Banjo is very much on the wrong track, considering the history of Smash reveals and the overall exposure E3 has.
I don't think it's possible to top B&K as DLC characters. Who else is left? I mean characters that people would lose their minds over, Minecraft Steve or even Master Chief would only be "eh" characters. Cool, but not what fans are asking for.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Doom Slayer is character 4, so that's definitely not a step down.
His companion is the double shotgun or chainsaw, take your pick

I don't think it's possible to top B&K as DLC characters. Who else is left? I mean characters that people would lose their minds over, Minecraft Steve or even Master Chief would only be "eh" characters. Cool, but not what fans are asking for.

Hahahaha
Come on, let's not be disingenuous

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I still can't get over how lame and insipid Isabelle's reveal trailer was.

All these other CGI trailers had a wacky fun crossover aspect to them that made them exciting to watch. Ridley axing off Mega Man and Mario, Luigi with the Poltergust in Dracula's Castle, Dedede messing with the Kongs by cosplaying as K. Rool, and even Incineroar had the dual reveal with Ken, which was a nice touch, and also had Little Mac, K. Rool, Bowser Jr. and Villager making cameos. But Isabelle's trailer had like, nothing.

I remember when people were debating over if Isabelle would be an echo figther of Villager or a unique character, and I kinda wondered to myself "Well, how does one go about making a big flashy CG trailer for Isabelle on the same level as K. Rool's or Simon's?". Turns out the answer is "we're not even gonna fucking try" lol.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

Do Geno fans live to torment themselves?

Fumpster

Nov 4, 2017
I know third party DLC is more hype/sells better but tbh I kinda want the last two characters to be first party. I certainly wouldnt complain if we got Jill or Leon, Phoenix Wright, etc but man, I just want Rhythm Heaven.

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still can't get over how lame and insipid Isabelle's reveal trailer was.

All these other CGI trailers had a wacky fun crossover aspect to them that made them exciting to watch. Ridley axing off Mega Man and Mario, Luigi with the Poltergust in Dracula's Castle, Dedede messing with the Kongs by cosplaying as K. Rool, and even Incineroar had the dual reveal with Ken, which was a nice touch, and also had Little Mac, K. Rool, Bowser Jr. and Villager making cameos. But Isabelle's trailer had like, nothing.

I remember when people were debating over if Isabelle would be an echo figther of Villager or a unique character, and I kinda wondered to myself "Well, how does one go about making a big flashy CG trailer for Isabelle on the same level as K. Rool's or Simon's?". Turns out the answer is "we're not even gonna fucking try" lol.
It was perfectly lax for an Animal Crossing character and there was somewhat of a fakeout aspect to it that would have been undermined by other Smash characters.

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dragonborn would be easy because they wouldn't have to finish developing them. Just enjoy clipping into the stage.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when pepole were saying Nintendo was negotiating with Bethesda on something.

Well, that actually did kinda happen.

As a final, last-minute question, Hines was then asked about Super Smash Bros., and particularly whether or not Bethesda has spoken to Nintendo about the franchise. His response?

"Oh yeah".

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when pepole were saying Nintendo was negotiating with Bethesda on something.
Bethesda guy confirmed, when directly asked, that Bethesda was talking to Nintendo about Smash. I imagine two dozen of publishers did, in a respectable fashion, and twice as many did out of it. Nintendo/Sakurai could have just nodded and moved on. Well, in case of Bethesda they probably would send a nicely written denial since they have some genuinely iconic characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.