• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I really hope we get Agumon over Heihachi. I am crossing my fingers for that. If it's Jin then i would be fine with that but Heihachi would be booorrriinng

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I think I take some credit for being one of the first people to push really hard that the Fighters Pass was gonna be Joker/Dragon Quest/Banjo/Resident Evil/Heihachi.

I'm open to a curveball though.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
"Heihachi won't be Smash DLC, and that is simply because no character that appeared in PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale will ever appear in Smash."
--Mahatma Gandhi, Ganondorf Main

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
It's just now starting to sink in for me. What kind of spirits are Banjo gonna have? What kind of Mii costumes? I'm so excited.
Banjo and Kazooie Fighter Spirit
Mumbo
Grunty
Bottles
Jinjo
Jinjonator

Those are the ones with in-game models from Spiral Mountain + Banjo's Moveset

The issue is, the rest of the characters kinda lack renders unless they want to use N64 screenshots or use Nuts and Bolts art.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Since there's an HD Smash Ultimate asset for a Jiggy, based on the trailer, I'm gonna take a stab and assume that Banjo's Jiggy animation from the first game is one of their victory animations

I know, it's a bold prediction, what with it literally being their victory animation in their own game

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Say goodbye to Google Theory, say hello to Companion Theory.

tl;dw: all DLC characters have a companion who can appear with them in the mural (Joker and Morgana, Hero and Slime, Banjo and Kazooie)

Personally I think it's reaching, but let's get discussion going.

Kazooie isn't just a "companion" like Morgana and Slime are. She's one of the characters you actually play as.

Last edited:

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As I said in the other thread, I'm wondering if Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini being in the game's spirit files weren't actually mistakes after all, especially since we know they've been working on Banjo since the end of last year.

I swore when those leaked that those were a mistake. I don't believe that anymore. I think we're totally getting a bunch of Rareware spirits and costumes. Hell, maybe even some other Xbox themed ones too!

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope we get a bunch of Rare Spirits and Mii outfits. I just want KI to show up sonehow.

What is the supposed Mii fighter thing that has people expecting RE and Tekken specifically?

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Sakurai is the master of quick little references.

DkGIgti.png

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I wonder if Banjo is as close to a first party as we're gonna get. That trailer wasn't about a Microsoft rep; that was a homecoming for beloved N64 icons.

MoonGirard

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 4, 2017
Not enough love for Medusa here we need more female characters and villains and she covers both plus we can't have Nintnedo's first female main antagonist since she's a giant brain so might as well go with the second. Though I suppose Kos-mos coming with a T-elos echo could also cover a female villain spot.

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
Thought this was fun to make: the roster so far...

tumblr_pt019uWpx11rud3xqo1_1280.png

tumblr_pt019uWpx11rud3xqo2_1280.png

tumblr_pt019uWpx11rud3xqo3_1280.png

Just on newcomers alone this is an incredible Smash game, but when you consider Everyone Is Here, it's mindblowing.

If you factor in the 3 alts for The Hero, there's been 18 new characters in Ultimate so far, with a total of 20 (or more! If there's another character with multiple alts), by the end of this DLC.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
After this E3, I think it's pretty safe to assume the final character will be The Terminator

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Not enough love for Medusa here we need more female characters and villains and she covers both plus we can't have Nintnedo's first female main antagonist since she's a giant brain so might as well go with the second. Though I suppose Kos-mos coming with a T-elos echo could also cover a female villain spot.

Medusa is extremely unlikely... but the female villain I want is even more unlikely!

p7QPcq.jpg

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo paid for the DQ music rights for both DQXIS & Smash at the same time.
I'm almost positive this is the case, and why we'll likely only get DQXI music

Yep, it helps that XI is a "Greatest Hits" soundtrack. Just playing it last night, if the "Anything that's in XI is viable" theory pans out and we get more than battle or map themes I realized Sylvando's theme would work great for a stage

So now with Banjo and DQ done, where do we go from here? Doom Guy? Resident Evil rep?

For me, Elma, or a third party pick like Nakoruru or Rabbid

So is the overworld for 1 and 2 and the boss battle theme of 3

So we'll have some nice variety if they want to mix it up a bit. Shame we lose out on any IV music, though

IV's battle theme is used when you first get to the battle arena in Octagonia. It helps that the theme is probably the most popular theme used in crossovers and spinoffs.

Sorry, but I'm still firmly rooting for Heihachi and Jill.

"Clash of Thunder"
Incineroar makes quick work of Villager, Bowser Jr., and King K. Rool, and then Pikachu (preferably Libre) jumps into the ring. After the two fight for a bit, Pikachu emerges victorious, and as it celebrates, someone else drops down into the ring. The camera pans up to reveal Heihachi as he begins charging electricity. Pikachu stores up electricity and the two rush at each other.

"Survival Horror"
Luigi frantically runs out of Dracula's Castle and through a forest before coming upon a mansion in a clearing. He cautiously enters the mansion and a zombie appears, and he fires a plunger at it just like he did to the mummy. The plunger is ineffective, but the zombie is suddenly blasted away with an explosive, and the camera pans around to reveal Jill standing behind Luigi with a grenade launcher.

Don't care for those characters, but that'd be pretty sweet. I noticed Banjo's trailer was mostly a rehash of K Rool's. It made sense for the Rare connection, but it also struck me as a cost cutting mode and those trailer ideas seem plausible for the same reason.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo is notoriously cheap, to the point where they cut components/outputs just to save a few pennies per unit.

It seems odd to me that they'd choose such a processor with that much performance overhead (way in advance of what's needed for NES/SNES games) if they weren't factoring in N64 Classic down the line.

Besides when has Nintendo ever had a huge success and they've not really milked a good deal of money out of it.
Look at it this way: you claim they would cut components to save a few pennies. This argument stays in if they planned an N64 mini already. Why didn't they reserve these more powerful chips for later and use something cheaper then? I expect the answer to be "they would need to spend more time designing the board", but that's as true without N64 mini in plans.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017

Meh, I love Kid Icarus but there's not much of a reason for a third unique character now. The series hasn't had a new installment since 2012 and there's no significant fan demand for Medusa or any additional KI rep.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same. And now, it's here.

heihachi-mishima-tekken-7-34.3.jpg

Or should I say, I am.

can someone photoshop the above image to make him purple and wielding the infinity gauntlet lol

Heihachi should be instantly disqualified for being in Playstation All Stars Battle Royale. (With Kazuya and Jin also disqualified by association.)

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one here who actually wants Heihachi, independent from all these rumors and theories? I've been hoping to see him since the last game. I love close range powerhouses in fighting games, and I'm excited by the prospect of powerbombing Nintendo icons as an old man.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one here who actually wants Heihachi, independent from all these rumors and theories? I've been hoping to see him since the last game. I love close range powerhouses in fighting games, and I'm excited by the prospect of powerbombing Nintendo icons as an old man.

I wouldn't mind him, he's funny and Tekken certainly has enough clout being in Smash, considering it's literally the most succesful fighting game IP outside of it.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

I'm not a big Tekken guy but I'd be totally fine with Heihachi. This Fighters Pass needs a villain on it.

Gruntilda would have been a newcomer in either Smash 4 or Ultimate had Rare not been sold to Microsoft ;_;

Smash 6 is her time!

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Smash being dominated by the biggest of the big IPs at this point just seems... dull. Especially after they gave us Persona and Banjo, which are far from the biggest series on the planet.

(And they're not even gonna give us a really interesting Tekken character like one of the robots or fighting animals.)

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Look at it this way: you claim they would cut components to save a few pennies. This argument stays in if they planned an N64 mini already. Why didn't they reserve these more powerful chips for later and use something cheaper then? I expect the answer to be "they would need to spend more time designing the board", but that's as true without N64 mini in plans.

Probably cheaper to buy the same chip in bulk and it fits their needs ... powerful enough to run anything up until N64 at least likely.

Truth is N64 Classic was probably greenlit ages ago, the moment NES Classic started selling out everywhere is when Nintendo probably said "OK that's a go for SNES and N64 Classic". It's a business at the end of the day.

I could easily see N64 Classic outselling some of the major platforms this holiday on NPD in the US. It'll be a nice chunk of change for Nintendo especially with the 3DS being phased out/on its deathbed.

Mar 9, 2018
Heihachi would get his crusty butt kicked by Sans Undertale in a head-to-head Nintendo e-shop 1vs1 global surprise yet still announced in advance Official Smash Bros Ballot poll.
However, Sans would gracefully bow out for Kuma and Panda and give them the win automatically.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Medusa would be perfect as a Palutena Echo.

Ehh.....

I feel like Medusa would work better as a semi-clone. She definitely needs more than just a few animation changes, for example she doesn't even have a shield like Palutena. She'd need some claw based attacks.

Also Palutena's specials thematically don't make sense for Medusa. Palu using Pit's powers from Uprising works because she personally designed them herself (Pit even shouts "Lady Palutena!" when activating one of them) so it makes sense she has access to them. Medusa on the other hand has nothing to do with those powers.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Tekken brought Heihachi to Playstation All Star Battle Royale. It can sit in the corner and think about what it did wrong.

Weary Bones

Nov 7, 2017
SoCal
Alright let's have some speculation fun!

After these 5 DLC characters, the CSS will still not be a complete rectangle (leaving 3 spaces from a final perfect row)

People have pointed out that when it's "echoes stacked" it'll be a perfect rectangle, so how do we solve this?

3 MORE ECHO FIGHTERS!

So Era, what are your 3 Echo fighters?

I'll start:

1. Midna (Twili) / Zelda
2. Medusa / Palutena
3. Octoling / Inkling

Feb 5, 2018
Thought this was fun to make: the roster so far...

tumblr_pt019uWpx11rud3xqo1_1280.png

tumblr_pt019uWpx11rud3xqo2_1280.png

tumblr_pt019uWpx11rud3xqo3_1280.png

Just on newcomers alone this is an incredible Smash game, but when you consider Everyone Is Here, it's mindblowing.

While im super thankful what we have, im hopeful that Sakurai may do a few more charactwrs after the pass. Not sure why, but just a feeling. Reason being is i doubt we'll ever get this roster again, so we might as well make it better as much as we can (even though its the best its ever been, by a long shot)

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I could never ask Sakurai for anything again. He gave me my most wanted character ever. My wildest dream that was an impossibility a few years ago. K. Rool was my plausible pick, I never in a million years thought we would get Banjo!

With that said, if you held a gun to my head and told me to request one more character, I'd say Crash Bandicoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.