• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonGirard

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 4, 2017
Medusa is extremely unlikely... but the female villain I want is even more unlikely!
Yea but I want to still hold out hope she might happen as an Echo.

Meh, I love Kid Icarus but there's not much of a reason for a third unique character now. The series hasn't had a new installment since 2012 and there's no significant fan demand for Medusa or any additional KI rep.
But that's if we apply logic I'd liked to think at some point a female villain(or another depening on what Dark Samus is considered) will be added. So Medusa has more going for her then someone like Captain Syrup though i guess Dr Coyle would have more going for her then Medusa if Arms has a future.

Alright let's have some speculation fun!

After these 5 DLC characters, the CSS will still not be a complete rectangle (leaving 3 spaces from a final perfect row)

People have pointed out that when it's "echoes stacked" it'll be a perfect rectangle, so how do we solve this?

3 MORE ECHO FIGHTERS!

So Era, what are your 3 Echo fighters?

I'll start:

1. Midna (Twili) / Zelda
2. Medusa / Palutena
3. Octoling / Inkling

If we are counting DLC characters
1 Heroines / Heroes (Dragon Quest)
2 Medusa / Palutena
3 Malos or Zanza / Shulk

if DLC characters aren't include
Hilda / Zelda or Impa / Sheik

There's her dinosaur-like form in Super Metroid though!
I still unironically want MB, darn it!

True ... but uh Metroid just go two reps this game and Mother Brain is an AT so Medusa first.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I'm not sure Heihachi is that much of a safe bet. Sure Tekken is big but there's not much of a demand for it to be in. Sakurai doesn't seem to be all into Tekken and him being a huge Street Fighter fan is a bulk of the reason we got Ryu and Ken, and there's not really anything big Tekken related on the Switch or even coming to the Switch.

Like the only reason to put in Heihachi is the idea we need another Bamco rep or whatever but I don't think Sakurai thinks that linearly when it comes to Guest characters.

Deleted member 6223

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This song is too iconic and awesome! Of course I want it in Smash!

Even its official remix is badass!

And it even got another official remix that is also badass!

These are all great and I love Ninja Gaiden 1-3 (NES). Great games, amazing music, cool badass protagonist. How could I say no to Ryu making an appearance in Smash? Tbh I'd prefer him as the Koei-Tecmo rep over an additional Bamco character for one of the final two slots. I just don't find their remaining choices for representation that appealing personally.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Phil Spencer giving Banjo his blessing on Twitter is what got the Banjo movement to be so massive during the ballot.

Yeah, Banjo was considered a 100% impossible choice before that tweet. He still wasn't seen as likely, but to the Banjo fanbase, it was the first ray of hope they've gotten in awhile.

Deleted member 6223

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bless fellow Banjo-Kazooie fans and the developers for making their appearance happen. Still so damn happy about it well over 28 hours later.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Is Banjo the first character to be included in a fighting game because of Twitter?
Actually, no?

Back during the Injustice 1 days, Ed Boon held Twitter polls with various popular character requests they got a lot on which character should be added as DLC. Zatanna won the vote and she was later announced as DLC for the game.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
If the Ape Escape franchise wasn't currently super dead, I'd be campaigning hardcore for Spike.

Here's hoping we get a trilogy re-release on Switch at some point.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You know if Agumon gets in, it'd open up so many arguments among the casual crowd.

Most of them being "iF AgUmOn cAn GeT In WhY CaNt gOku?" Hell, i doubt many of Smash's fanbase doesnt even know about the virtual pet origins. In most of the world, Digimon is an anime first, virtual pet second.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
We already have the archetypical fighting game characters in Smash, and that's Ken and Ryu. Those are the characters that are in the pop culture, even if recent installments of Tekken technically sell better than recent installments of Street Fighter.
I don't see the relevance here. Dragon Quest is the archetypal JRPG, but we also have guest characters from Final Fantasy and Persona. Why should the entire fighting game genre be capped at one series?

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't see the relevance here. Dragon Quest is the archetypal JRPG, but we also have guest characters from Final Fantasy and Persona. Why should the entire fighting game genre be capped at one series?

If you want to argue in favor of a Dead or Alive rep, I won't complain, lol.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Sony definitely isn't Microsoft. They'd never let NIntendo or Microsoft play with their IPs.

Last edited:

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Don't worry, Costume Theory currently points to Haruka Amami being the most likely Bamco rep based on data.
Your data might be a bit inaccurate though. A little breegull told me that Haruka is a Mii Costume, and the Bandai Namco rep's stage will have the song DANKETSU on it, but I can't figure out who that rep could be...

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
Agumon, huh? I wonder how they'd incorporate a digivolving gimmick, obviously Greymon would have to be restricted to a final smash since he's a big chunky boy.

Xwing

Nov 11, 2017

Master Chief is technically a fighting game character.

(shut up lore nerds, I know it wasn't actually Chief, it was Nicole, but her status as canon is iffy at best)

Marqario

Jun 6, 2019
From most selling to less

Minecraft
Assasins Creed looks really possible.
Resident Evil
Tomb Raider
Halo
Crash Bandicoot
Monster Hunter
Tekken
Fallout
Diablo
Kingdom Hearts
Rayman
Puyo Puyo
Prince of Persia
Devil May Cry
Professor Layton
Tales of
Soul Calibur
Dark Souls
Raving Rabbids
Yokai Watch
Doom
Ninja Gaiden
Ace Attorney

Deleted member 6223

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Jill/another RE character made it into Smash here's some good, eerie music (more atmospheric than anything) to include as they are:

REmake:

RE4:

And please use the Spencer Mansion from REmake:

large.jpg

Runner

Nov 1, 2017
From most selling to less
Assasins Creed looks really possible.
Minecraft
Resident Evil
Tomb Raider
Halo
Crash Bandicoot
Monster Hunter
Tekken
Fallout
Diablo
Kingdom Hearts
Rayman
Puyo Puyo
Prince of Persia
Devil May Cry
Professor Layton
Tales of
Soul Calibur
Dark Souls
Raving Rabbids
Yokai Watch
Doom
Ninja Gaiden
Ace Attorney

Minecraft seems like a real possibility- they already have Microsoft on board AND minecraft already has Mario stuff in it.
Monster hunter already has representation but no character, so I could see that there too.
Rayman, Rabbids also already have representation in SMash but no character
Soul Calibur has had Link in it before
I really dont see something ultraviolent like Doom or Resident Evil
Tomb Raider would probably end up being her old design?

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If Jill/another RE character made it into Smash here's some good, eerie music (more atmospheric than anything) to include as they are:

REmake:

RE4:

And please use the Spencer Mansion from REmake:

large.jpg

Either the mansion or the RPD. RPD feels like it would be more unique, but of course the mansion is iconic.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
They should include three Conker spirits:
Diddy Kong Racing Conker
Bad Fur Day Conker
Drug-addled AR Conker

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
You know if Agumon gets in, it'd open up so many arguments among the casual crowd.

Most of them being "iF AgUmOn cAn GeT In WhY CaNt gOku?" Hell, i doubt many of Smash's fanbase doesnt even know about the virtual pet origins. In most of the world, Digimon is an anime first, virtual pet second.
Which may be an issue but "shrugs" i think it would work

Xwing

Nov 11, 2017
I know there are people that will roast me for saying this, but...

Thank goodness for that.

Devil's Third was terrible, but his work on DOA 1-4 and Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 were pretty dang good. Is there some reason to dislike him outside of his development work? (I have never read anything about him).

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I realized a few hours ago that I think the reason I'm more excited for these next two DLC characters is because these two are the first DLC characters whose games I played before they were announced.

I've played Banjo-Kazooie, Tooie, Grunty's Revenge and Nuts and Bolts (lol I'm a huge fan of the series), and for Dragon Quest, I've played IV, IX and Builders, and since Solo is an alt, I've counted it

Street Fighter I bought after Ryu leaked, FF7 I just played a few months ago when it released on the Switch, and I've never played Persona 5 (or any Persona), FE Fates or Bayonetta 1 or 2.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That's fair enough, i just get concerned that Sakurai might not pick him because he is more anime associated then anything else

That's definitely where most people would know Digimon from. But I think Sakurai's video game comment is more about the legal issues surrounding a character than not. He doesn't want to end up in a Tatsunoko vs. Capcom situation.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
That's definitely where most people would know Digimon from. But I think Sakurai's video game comment is more about the legal issues surrounding a character than not. He doesn't want to end up in a Tatsunoko vs. Capcom situation.
That's a fair point. Maybe i am just an optimistic idiot thinking about my hopes for Agumon but man i think it would be reallly cool

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I realized a few hours ago that I think the reason I'm more excited for these next two DLC characters is because these two are the first DLC characters whose games I played before they were announced.

I've played Banjo-Kazooie, Tooie, Grunty's Revenge and Nuts and Bolts (lol I'm a huge fan of the series), and for Dragon Quest, I've played IV, IX and Builders, and since Solo is an alt, I've counted it

Street Fighter I bought after Ryu leaked, FF7 I just played a few months ago when it released on the Switch, and I've never played Persona 5 (or any Persona), FE Fates or Bayonetta 1 or 2.

Outside of characters whose games never came to America (like Roy and Lucas), I don't think I've ever been in this situation with Smash. Particularly with third party characters. Although some of the suggestions would put me in that situation. (Although, ironically, not Tekken or Resident Evil, lol. I've played those games.)

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

I had Persona 5 in my backlog and when Joker got announced I cracked it open and blew through it in a few weeks. Helped me get hyped for his mini Direct.

Otherwise it's mostly Cloud and Banjo carrying DLC hype but they're literally my favorite announcements after K. Rool. Persona 5, Final Fantasy VII and Banjo-Kazooie are in my top 5 so I'm in hog heaven.

Definitely getting DQ11 when it hits Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.