• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
We're both frauds.
Never got further than the Jiggoseum in N&B
Never touched Pilot.

But hey, we played Grunty's Revenge, that counts for a lot!
I not just played Grunty's Revenge, I 100% beat it

I don't remember much about the 100% part, just that some of the Jiggies were stupidly annoying to get and the game really wanted you to skip them

I physically couldn't beat Tooie, I'll forever be stuck at like 99% or whatever the Canary minigame counts as. BK, though, I've 100% like 3 times, that game is EZ.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I feel really spoiled because Dragon Quest and Banjo-Kazooie have been my two most wanted third-parties since before the leaks and speculation. I somehow always end up getting what I want (for the most part) in Smash.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I was so excited about a new Banjo game I bought a 360 specifically to play Nuts And Bolts. I gave up on it by Banjoland.

Haven't played Pilot but I do like Grunty's Revenge! It's a cute little portable Banjo title.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I not just played Grunty's Revenge, I 100% beat it

I don't remember much about the 100% part, just that some of the Jiggies were stupidly annoying to get and the game really wanted you to skip them
I feel like I recall some of those jiggies locked behind Beaver Bother tier minigames
And the final boss continued the tradition of Grunty being NAILS

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
I feel really spoiled because Dragon Quest and Banjo-Kazooie have been my two most wanted third-parties since before the leaks and speculation. I somehow always end up getting what I want (for the most part) in Smash.

Seriously, I don't even even know what I want at this point. Ninja Gaiden? Resident Evil? Something completely left-field? Bring it on.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
A true Banjo 3 and Paper Mario 3 are by far my most desired video game announcements. At least Banjo gets a nice trip down memory lane in Smash.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
If Jill/another RE character made it into Smash here's some good, eerie music (more atmospheric than anything) to include as they are:

REmake:

RE4:

And please use the Spencer Mansion from REmake:

large.jpg

This would probably be the trailer theme, it was already remixed twice for project x.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I still want Paper Mario and Blaziken, then my childhood dreams will have come true. And Bandanna Waddle Dee so my adult dreams come true.

I am never getting Blaziken, but Paper Mario and BWD seem possible, but obviously not as DLC.

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Agumon, huh? I wonder how they'd incorporate a digivolving gimmick, obviously Greymon would have to be restricted to a final smash since he's a big chunky boy.
In Digimon Rumble it's built up from a meter and then manually activated for a temporary Digivolution. It would sort of be like if Joker became Arsene and the transformation wasn't automatic.

In Rumble, Agumon Digivoles into Wargreymon rather than Greymon. For Smash, I think a Bowser-sized Greymon would be fine.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Devil's Third was terrible, but his work on DOA 1-4 and Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 were pretty dang good. Is there some reason to dislike him outside of his development work? (I have never read anything about him).
He got in hot water at one point and was accused of sexually harassing a female Tecmo employee that, if I recall correctly, at least led to him receiving some punishment internally, though nothing happened legally. And while his public persona was always brash, he also tended to shit on teams that worked on Sigma and Sigma 2 since he didn't work on those versions.

I'm certain that if Itagaki were still leading Team Ninja today, we wouldn't have any of the collaborative titles the studio has worked on (Other M, Hyrule/Fire Emblem Warriors, MUA 3, etc), Nioh wouldn't exist as it does now, and Koei Tecmo's corporate makeup would look vastly different (given that modern Team Ninja, without Itagaki, is now basically all of the formerly independent Tecmo in terms of size and personnel).

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Same. DQ I wanted for it's story in gaming, in Japan and connections to Nintendo (while also being a fan of the series) and Banjo Kazooie for how much connected it is with Nintendo due to Rare and the 64.

I'm glad that both happened. Now I need to think which ones I want on Smash. And as always, I try to put characters with relations with Nintendo... which is why I wanted SMT with Jack Frost on the game instead of Persona with Joker.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
In Digimon Rumble it's built up from a meter and then manually activated for a temporary Digivolution. It would sort of be like if Joker became Arsene and the transformation wasn't automatic.

In Rumble, Agumon Digivoles into Wargreymon rather than Greymon. For Smash, I think a Bowser-sized Greymon would be fine.
Yeah - i think that would really work. And like say Pokemon Trainer we could have Agumon - light,speedy fighter. Greymon - Heavy,Lumbering Fighter. Wargreymon - Medium between the two

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I've made out with a bandit thus far with the DLC considering that Persona 5 is one of my favorite games ever, I like Dragon Quest quite a lot, and Banjo Kazooie was a huge part of my childhood. Sora and Doomslayer would be the dream for the final two, but no way do I expect them to happen.

I'm pretty pessimistic towards the last two characters since I can't possibly imagine that Sakurai would go 5/5 when it comes to franchises that I really like. I've never touched Tekken in my life and I'm a huge baby when it comes to horror, so Resident Evil is a no-go for me as well, but I 100% respect their legacy and agree that they deserve to be in, even if they're not my thing.

Speaking of which, in case Jill does get in, are there any good Resident Evil games that you guys think that a non-horror fan might be able to get through? I've heard good things about RE4 and Revelations, but I dunno much about them in general.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I've made out with a bandit thus far with the DLC considering that Persona 5 is one of my favorite games ever, I like Dragon Quest quite a lot, and Banjo Kazooie was a huge part of my childhood. Sora and Doomslayer would be the dream for the final two, but no way do I expect them to happen.

I'm pretty pessimistic towards the last two characters since I can't possibly imagine that Sakurai would go 5/5 when it comes to franchises that I really like. I've never touched Tekken in my life and I'm a huge baby when it comes to horror, so Resident Evil is a no-go for me as well, but I 100% respect their legacy and agree that they deserve to be in, even if they're not my thing.

Speaking of which, in case Jill does get in, are there any good Resident Evil games that you guys think that a non-horror fan might be able to get through? I've heard good things about RE4 and Revelations, but I dunno much about them in general.
RE5 would be the best one to play that has the least horror, but is streamlined enough.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Was thinking in 3rd party characters that are still not in Smash that could happen, anyone missing?

Ubisoft
Ezio Auditore
Rayman
Prince (Prince of Persia)
Sam Fisher

Microsoft
Master Chief
Steve

Activision / Blizzard
Sarah Kerrigan
Spyro
Crash
Arthas
Tracer

Capcom
Jill Valentine / Leon Kennedy / Chris Redfiel
Chun-Li
Dante
Hunter - Monster Hunter
Amaterasu

Square Enix
Lara Croft
Sora

Bethesda
Doomslayer
Dovahkiin

Rockstar
Max Payne

Electronic Arts
Commander Shepard

IO Interactive
Agent 47

Warner Bros
Scorpion

Koei Tecmo
Ryu Hayabusa

Bandai Namco
Lloyd Irving

Level-5
Professor Layton

Spike Chunsoft
Shiren (Mystery Dungeon)

Nihon Falcom
Adol Christin (Ys series)

Grasshopper
Travis Touchdown

.n_n.
Viewtiful Joe for capcom

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I guess if I had to put together a list of my most desired characters at this point it would look something like this:
  1. Anyone from Resident Evil, but preferably Jill
  2. Excitebiker
  3. Chorus Kids
  4. Dixie Kong
  5. Heihachi
  6. Spring Man + Ribbon Girl echo
  7. Majora's Mask (with Skull Kid being pulled around helplessly like a rag doll)
  8. Midna & Wolf Link
  9. Arthur from Ghosts 'n Goblins
  10. Ryu Hayabusa

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
RE5 would be the best one to play that has the least horror, but is streamlined enough.
Isn't that the one people make fun of partially because Chris punches a boulder? I thought that one was supposed to be bad.

I guess I'm looking for the least scary Resident Evil game that's still generally considered to be pretty good, even if its not the least horror filled.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't that the one people make fun of partially because Chris punches a boulder? I thought that one was supposed to be bad.

I guess I'm looking for the least scary Resident Evil game that's still generally considered to be pretty good, even if its not the least horror filled.
Well then probably 4, but it still has some scary parts. Not really scary to me, but everyone is different.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Same. The three DLC so far are characters from franchises I like. I said that I preferred SMT with Jack Frost but at the same time, Persona 5 is one of my favorite games and I love the franchise more than SMT itself. lol

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
My most wanted realistic character is Dixie Kong by a long shot, but for third parties (aka the Pass) I mostly want Crash, Dante, Jill/Leon and Sora, but none I would lose sleep over. Like I said before, I previously mostly wanted Leon but considering the lack of female Erdrick, Jill should absolutely take priority.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lists huh?

1. Midna
2. BotW Zelda
3. Shantae
4. Travis Touchdown
5. KOS-MOS
6. One of the four Champions
7. 2B
8. Pearl and Marina
9. Jill Valentine
10. Geno

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The Dixie Kong dream lives on for another day.

The Isaac dream is dead.

And the Ryu Hayabusa dream is currently up in the air.

Other than that? Not really sure.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
We're doing lists now? Okay:
  1. Doom Slayer
  2. Marx / Susie
  3. Prince of All Cosmos
  4. Amaterasu / Phoenix Wright
  5. Ganon
  6. Crono / Geno / 2B
  7. Dixie Kong
  8. Master Chief
  9. Ryu Hayabusa
  10. Travis Touchdown (I have been converted)

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I was looking through Fighters Pass rumors and "leaks" on the SSB Wiki, and So far I only have seen one that was NOT completely disproven yet, but I personally think it's BS and I'll explain why:

4chan "leak" that claimed the following:
Joker
Crono, Neku, or some Square Enix character
Banjo
Edelgard
Sylux

This isn't COMPLETELY disproven, but it didn't mention DQ at all in the Square Enix part. I still think it's coincidence they got that much right. The reason I think it's BS though is because Nintendo has really been talking up this Fighters Pass. Would they really have their three most hype fighters come out first, and then go on a ho-hum note of Sylux and Edelgard?

All the other leaks have been effectively proven false at some point. The others that have said Doomslaker, Ryu Hayabusa and Steve have to be false because now one of those can't be in.

I think we're going to be legitimately surprised by these last two characters.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Alright let's have some speculation fun!

After these 5 DLC characters, the CSS will still not be a complete rectangle (leaving 3 spaces from a final perfect row)

People have pointed out that when it's "echoes stacked" it'll be a perfect rectangle, so how do we solve this?

3 MORE ECHO FIGHTERS!

So Era, what are your 3 Echo fighters?

I'll start:

1. Midna (Twili) / Zelda
2. Medusa / Palutena
3. Octoling / Inkling

Heroine / Hero
Medusa (or Viridi if it can work) / Palutena
Roll or Proto Man / Mega Man

Huh, won't load for me. But, Oh man, I wanted to call dibs back then if/when Erdrick was announced back then, but I didn't because I thought I'd be too obnoxious and rude.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't you say SMRPG sucks and you gave up on Geno?

Oh yeah, that was a while ago. I completely forgot about that.

It was a double whammy of the game being super easy because I grinded the Super Jump challenge and losing all my save files because my Hyperkin SNES is a piece of crap, so I think I reacted too strongly. If I went back without grinding or anything I'd probably like it again.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Oh yeah, that was a while ago. I completely forgot about that.

It was a double whammy of the game being super easy because I grinded the Super Jump challenge and losing all my save files because my Hyperkin SNES is a piece of crap, so I think I reacted too strongly. If I went back without grinding or anything I'd probably like it again.

SMRPG is one of my adored childhood games but I imagine it can seem jarring today. It was my very first RPG.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
The list is for the ten characters we most want in, right?

1. Elma
2. Dixie Kong
3. Phoenix Wright
4. Professor Layton
5. Impa
6. Doom Slayer
7. Marx
8. Resident Evil character
9. Isaac
10. Ganon

I don't feel confident about any of these happening soon except for Resident Evil or Dixie tbh.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I was looking through Fighters Pass rumors and "leaks" on the SSB Wiki, and So far I only have seen one that was NOT completely disproven yet, but I personally think it's BS and I'll explain why:

4chan "leak" that claimed the following:
Joker
Crono, Neku, or some Square Enix character
Banjo
Edelgard
Sylux

This isn't COMPLETELY disproven, but it didn't mention DQ at all in the Square Enix part. I still think it's coincidence they got that much right. The reason I think it's BS though is because Nintendo has really been talking up this Fighters Pass. Would they really have their three most hype fighters come out first, and then go on a ho-hum note of Sylux and Edelgard?

All the other leaks have been effectively proven false at some point. The others that have said Doomslaker, Ryu Hayabusa and Steve have to be false because now one of those can't be in.

I think we're going to be legitimately surprised by these last two characters.
Get edlegard, but also sylux

I'll take it.
A soul for a soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.